2019 Season Membership Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Jan 30, 2019.

1. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We lost him in the expansion draft. It was a pretty well known fact he was going to be taken by Seattle well in advance of the final.

2. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And we had no other choice, due to the rules of the expansion draft that year. We had to protect a minimum number of (non green card) international players. In order to protect Evans, we'd have had to leave exposed someone like O'Rourke or Rogers. Hindsight being 20/20, maybe we should have. Point being, we didn't protect Andy Iro over Evans because we had any choice in the matter. We didn't.

3. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Remember, it was Sigi who exposed him here only to draft him for Seattle. MLS forced Seattle to give us some magic beans if I recall.

TrueCrew repped this.
  4. Dr.Fever

Dr.Fever Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 19, 2018
    Matches that I cannot go to I look to give to my brother/nephew who live in town, or any other friends that would like to go but usually don't splurge for tiks themselves due to whatever reason. If those options fail I use the friends I sit with as brokers to their friends where I will just charge like, $20/ticket. My way also of just trying to grow the game with those around me.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The expansion draft is such a racket.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Regarding PayPal, be sure to request Friends and Family. If you request it via Goods and Services, then PayPal takes some of the money as a fee, so the buyer will have to pay a few dollars more to offset those fees, unless you don't want 100% of what you're asking for.

And remember...friends buy/sell via face value only.

Alneri repped this.
  7. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I was saying, is that if Sigi stayed Evans would have been protected. He was kind of his guy.

Sigi was the one who took him, after all.

8. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to sell at a discount, especially if I could sell to another family (since we have four tickets). We renewed early so we got in at last year’s rate. I merely want to justify to Timo having season tickets every year until I die even if we are unable to attend a handful or so games a year.

9. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Here's an easier way to justify it.

"Hey, Timo, does that couch really look more comfortable than our bed?"

LaMacchia repped this.
  10. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Anybody know how we go about using the 10% discount at the team shop without a ST card?

11. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    For those of you who think you've been shafted or ignored by the Crew, here's what all the information you should have received. All by email. There hasn't been any snail mail and my ticket rep hasn't called me (we've talked through email a few times though).

2/19 - "A New Era for Crew SC Begins March 2nd" Email from Dee and & Dr. Pete. This included details on how to access your tickets and details on parking and benefits. Click on the parking/details link and you'll find that parking passes should be arriving this week and if you don't receive it by 2/25 you should reach out to your rep. Your benefit card is shipping later in March. Until then, I'm not sure how you get the 10% but I'm sure you can mention it when checking out and they can verify it somehow. That has been the most detailed information provided.

2/11 - "2019 Nordecke Support Groups Package" email from the Crew spreading the Nordecke word.

2/7 - "Columbus Crew SC Stadium Focus Groups" email that invited you to the focus groups. This may not have been sent to everyone.

2/6 - "2019 Crew SC Suite Menu Tasting" email. Seems like this was sent to everyone. It filled up very quickly.

2/6 - "2019 Season Kickoff Party" email. As far as I can tell this was sent to all Full Season STMs. Might have went to your spam filter (probably true of most of these emails).

2/5 - "Your Presale For Breakaway Festival Begins Now" email.

2/5 - "We Want to Hear from You on the New Stadium" email. I'm pretty sure this was sent to everyone they have in their email database, STMs and individual game ticket buyers. I'm guessing people who filled out this survey were put in the group to be picked for the Focus Groups.

2/1 -"Crew SC - Mailing Address" email directly from Marisa, my ticket rep. Just verifying your address for all the things they're going to mail (nothing yet!)

1/23 - "Thank You For Your Support in 2019" email with links to the membership team page (with emails for contact!) and the benefits listing.

I think there were a few other marketing emails like Season Tickets now on sale and Single Game tickets on sale now that I didn't keep but those listed above are the emails you should have received as a STM.

There was also the First Time STM Boot Camp invite that I think was sent out on 2/6 or around there. This was sent to people who purchased STMs for the first time. From the sound of it, maybe they need to have everybody in. I went 3 years ago and really it's not much. It's cool to be in the stadium but as for information, you learn about the website and how to trade in tickets and they go over some the other benefits. All information easily found in the benefits links from the 1/23 and 2/19 emails.

Hope that helps. If you're a STM and you haven't gotten any of this, definitely reach out to your ticket rep. Here's the link with their info: https://www.columbuscrewsc.com/club/staff Every staff member in Ticket Sales and Service have a hyperlink in their name that opens to their email.

Bill Archer, MFRONE, Robbiegoal and 2 others repped this.
  12. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last month (or many months ago? I dunno winter is long) when they had that Saturday sale at the shop, they accepted the 2018 card. I'm sure if you showed them a glimmer of proof (an email with your ticket rep or something?), they'd acquiesce.

13. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looked into this recently. Seattle compensated the Crew for essentially tapping up Sigi's hire. It had nothing to do with the Evans expansion pick.

Minnman repped this.
  14. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for pulling this together. I think/hope the reason I haven't gotten all of these has to do with the clunky way our group purchased tickets this year. Since one person bought all of them and we're still trying to get them reassigned to their actual owners, I'm sure that he received all of these emails, but the rest of us probably didn't. And won't until the reassignment goes through. I had a ten game package already assigned to me, but presumably that wasn't enough to qualify me for some of this communication.

15. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    No problem. It was something I wanted to do because I haven't given the emails the attention I probably should have anyways.

I'm not sure the benefit breakdown between full STM and 4/10-game packages but I think most of the benefits might just be for full STM (like the Kickoff Party) and 4/10-game packages might just get a discount on the price of the tickets.

And I didn't consider it but you're probably right, those emails I listed are probably sent to the email associated with person who paid for the tickets. I would guess they have a STM email database and another database containing emails of anyone who has ever bought tickets that they sent the general marketing emails.

I will say the RSVP for the Kickoff Party lets you RSVP for the amount of tickets purchased so I would let that person know they should RSVP for you if want to go. And I would, it's my favorite event of the year outside of the games themselves.

For ease, here's the important links for this group (all came from the 2/19 email):
    Mobile Ticket Info: https://www.columbuscrewsc.com/tickets/mobile-ticketing
    Parking/Benefits Card Details: https://columbus-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/2019 Membership/2.pdf
    Benefits Details: https://www.columbuscrewsc.com/tickets/membership/communities

Robbiegoal repped this.
  16. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They basically accepted my word when I was in there a couple of weeks ago. I mentioned the name of my rep, and the guy working the store knew that nothing had been mailed out. Of course, it was pretty quiet in the store that day. I'd imagine that, on a match day, that approach might not work so well.

17. Dr.Fever

Dr.Fever Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 19, 2018
    It is too late however. I had not reserved yet so I went to take a look at the e-mail. RSVP's were due in by the 15th. Sigh. It will be okay. I will go to next year's...

18. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    Oh I forgot about the due date. If you really want to go, I'd reach out to the rep with a sob story about how the email was lost in the spam folder. They haven't sent out the tickets yet so you still might be able to get in.

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has the MLS app changed for anyone else? My app now seems to go to the Crew website when I click on "tickets."

20. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Weird, I only got the emails on 2/1, 2/5, and 2/19. None of the other ones were even in my spam folder at all.

I got in touch with my ST rep to let them know about this. I understand the craziness of selling tickets this season but I hope this doesn’t become an ongoing issue all season.

21. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The update from yesterday or today did that

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I figured. My account rep is with email.

23. boomshea

boomshea Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 22, 2018
    Dayton, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I talked with the developer on twitter. They moved the tickets to:

Clubs->scroll down to tickets->Manage Season Tickets

I can't imagine what the idea was here, but that's where it is now. No way this can cause issues next weekend.

LaMacchia, MFRONE and Kryptonite repped this.
  24. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I just went through the process of sending my 3 buddies I share my season tickets with their tickets for the first 3 games of the season. It's not terrible, but it's not convenient or simple to do either.

• Select tickets (list of all games shows up)
    • Click specific game
    • Click transfer
    • select 1 ticket
    • enter name and email of recipient
    • click confirmation ok
    • repeat previous 3 steps 2 more times

Then repeat for each game with the added dreariness that the system does not save recipients that you've transferred to before so I have to re-enter names and email addresses each time. I opened a notepad file on my PC with the 3 email addresses for easy copy & paste. I would imagine trying to do this on the mobile app would be 3 times as frustrating.

25. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It wouldn't make sense to put it under a thing that says "tickets" would it?

Personally, I'm likely to keep on doing Google Wallet, as that can handle tickets for other events.