2019 Revs Pre-Season Roster Thread

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Nov 2, 2018.

1. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To finish my comments on Angking.... he was dropped from the U20 team going forward. Ramos has brought in 3 from Europe and dropped Angking and two others to make room. I guess Tab saw about what some of us saw on Angking.... not good enough.

2. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually Anking showed some good signs in the limited time he was given with the revs. He's confident with the ball going forward which isn't really teachable. Maybe Tab Ramos disagrees at the NT level but I want to see more of the kid in a revs uniform.

Jon Martin, a517dogg, asctester and 2 others repped this.
  3. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    He had a good run with the Revs, our 1st choice LB for 8 seasosn (2010-17). Hes one of the last links to when the Revs were a reliably successful team at the end of the oughts, he was on the '08 superliga winner. I hope he sticks around in some capacity to remind people what a winning professional looks like

5. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    With Aguedelo and (potentially) Fagundez (the last REAL link to success for this team... Sorry Scotty.) on the way out, there's going to be plenty of minutes available for Angking. But we should be seriously scouting replacements for them and a replacement for Bunbury to move to a 60th minute super sub type role

How many more years at Indiana does Rennicks have? Is he better than Bunbury / good enough that we could throw a little bit of money at the problem and bring him in?

6. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Rennicks is in his sophomore year. However, he can choose to leave at any time if the Revs want to sign him, or if he wants to try and join some of his U20 team mates overseas. If he finishes he can go through the super draft.

7. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    He's not attached to the club in any way that gets us comp if he goes elsewhere is he?

8. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS jello rules:
    MLS Roster Rules and Regulations 2018
    March 2, 2018, 6:00PM EST
    MLS Communications

I believe Rennicks was with them for more than a year, but I have no idea if he meets the "retention requirements".

Assuming he does, the Revs hold his Homegrown rights until:
    1) they trade them, or
    2) he declares his intentions to sign with MLS and the Revs decline to sign him

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  9. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    He can dodge the Revs AND still play in MLS if he declares for the super draft. If he does that it doesnt matter whether the Res have made him an offer or not. Otherwise if he signs directly with a team it has to be the Revs or a team that makes a trade with the Revs

10. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may be wrong, but I think that the Revs have to pass on signing him before he is eligible for the SuperDraft.

Crooked repped this.
  11. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That's my understanding as well. If he comes to MLS the Revs have his rights. If we decide not to sign him, he can enter the SuperDraft.

12. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    knowing the Revs and the way they deal they will make him an offer and try and get him cheap. probably send him to Hartford as well if he signs

13. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018

I'm excited to hear news that the revs are lookong at anyone. A brief synopsis of his career:
    He has scored 27 goals over 5250 minutes in his 7+ year career playing exclusively as a striker. His role has been as a rotation player, having strings of starts followed by stringa of bench appearances.

He had a half season loan to turkey to start the 17-18 season where he scored 3 goals in 450 minutes, primarily in a bench role.

He followed this up with his first 1500 minute season (1675) in 2018 for Bucaramunga in Colombia, scoring 8 goals and adding 4 assists. At 27, he is in the hypothetical prime of his career

a517dogg, RevsLiverpool and dncm repped this.
  14. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Great find and thanks for the followup notes

15. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    27 goals in 58.33 game equivalents - that’s not bad. But it still smells a bit too much like a lateral roster move than a top-of-the-roster upgrade, absent more evidence that he’s the real deal. A single cap is not encouraging.

pwykes repped this.
  16. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Yeah he doesnt seem like a needle mover. BUT he seems like a much higher ceiling signing than Hauché or Machado were

Feldspar repped this.
  17. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am impressed at how unimpressive this guy's record is. If this was a 23 year old prospect, I would say "glimmers of something that could spark into a nice useful flame". But at 27, with the exception of someone like a Beckerman, this is as good as players get.

18. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
  19. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Good News? Brad has nowhere to go but up! The Bad News? Brad can stay where he is.

20. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    I will be a lot more confident about the Revs' chances if they can find a way to sign Rennicks. I hope this year's christmas presentis a good one, and not just an empty sock with a hole in the heel

21. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Colombia, not Columbia.
    It really isn't that difficult.

22. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O, Columbia! Wherefore art thou Uh, Colombia ?

23. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    What if thats where the FO is actually looking, in the DoC and not down in SA? That might explain why they have so mich difficulty finding strong players

24. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or that Ivy league school in NYC

BrianLBI repped this.
  25. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    #75 Brian in Boston, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were focusing their talent search on Columbia University. After all, that's where "Papa" Kraft picked up his undergraduate sheepskin. ;) :p