2019 FSU

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Tom81, Dec 2, 2018.

1. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    The guy was TERRIBLE and should never referee another match. He made two bad PK calls--both against Colorado--and the one against FSU was maybe a foul/PK if you're card-happy, which this guy clearly was. But there was no contact on the first Colorado PK against--and the second, a shoulder-to-shoulder play, was atrocious. Goals should be earned, not gifted on terrible PK calls. Maddening.

Tom81 repped this.
  2. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree he wasn't great, I just don't see where he was favoring one team or the other that much. He called a tight game with multiple phantom calls and missed others. They went in the favor of both teams; most prominently in the penalty area for FSU. in the end, the better team won, the ref called an absurdly tight game evenly with that favoring FSU in the end. I think I'm just not as bothered by that as some other people on here. Hopefully it's all a wash on the season.

Lagadema repped this.
  3. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    To put it in perspective CU had 5 yellows and a red on 11 fouls called. That is rediculous. The prior 6 games they had 4 yellows
    Horribly called game

4. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Agree that it was a horribly called game.
    That said, a couple of the yellows were deserved. Coach coming out on the field for sure. For whatever reason that seemed to set the ref off in a touchy direction.

Ironically, one of the most deserved yellows did not get called. They sent a through pass into the pass for an oncoming forward. Our CB screened her from getting to the ball. As it passed over the end line the forward swung her foot and clipped our CB intentionally with no possibility of getting to the ball. Common foul called.

I would have no problem with the Referee being sanctioned in some way.

If I were to make an All Opponent team, Kornieck would have to find her way onto it.

5. Tally T

Tally T Member

philly
    United States
    Sep 16, 2019
    blissett repped this.
  6. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Can you translate and give us the 411?

7. Tally T

Tally T Member

philly
    United States
    Sep 16, 2019
    Translation:

Today is one of the most difficult days I've had in the last 3 years. 3 years ago you came to make my life happy and save me, without you I would not have been able to finish my university career because I would have left here a long time ago. You are light in my life and in all those around you. Thank you for always making the best of me and all our friends. I admire you for how brave you are in wanting to follow your heart and it makes you happy, I admire you for how brave you are and for doing what no one else would dare. In this new way that is about to appear before you, I have only to wish you the best, with the greatest blessings of this life and that you are the happiest person in the world. Without a doubt the best 3 years of my life and I owe that to you. See you soon best friend. Remember that we have a deal where you go I will be with you even if we are not in the same place I always carry you in my heart. Keep celebrating life as only you know how to do it, keep making people happy as only you know how to do it, still being the best person in this world because like you we need a billion more people. I love you, we soon hit the party in Costa Rica, Venezuela, USA, Europe, where we put our lives together again. I LOVE YOU

8. Tally T

Tally T Member

philly
    United States
    Sep 16, 2019
    My understanding is that Glory is leaving for personal reasons. I haven't heard more than that yet.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  9. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope everything is ok with her and I wish her nothing but the best! She was a key member of the program the past 3 years and she will be missed.

VictoryCB, blissett and Tom81 repped this.
  10. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whew, that game against BC
    [​IMG]

VictoryCB repped this.
  11. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jeez. just saw the final score. what the heck happened?

Crazyhorse repped this.
  12. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stopped by and saw the last 30 of the first half. I think BC scored on at least 2 corner kicks. When I was watching FSU had 90 percent possession and were peppering the goal. BC got a breakaway, earned a corner and scored(only BC goal I witnessed).

13. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Boston College scored on 4 corner kicks. . . well 3 directly the other the ball got cleared out but Boston College won the clearance and sent it right back into the box and scored.

14. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    #464 Tom81, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    https://share.icloud.com/photos/0v5gjwq0CDAA1Z0ylQ5LqvsJg#Lecanto,_FL

Sorry. Techno dummy.

I was trying to post video on 2 plays.
    I don't know the rule and was hoping for clarification.

1. A player for us penetrates the box on the right in line with the right side of the goal.
    She sends a bending shot that hits off the Left post and our girl knocks it in.
    It was ruled off sides.
    The first girl was not offsides, but the girl who collected the rebound was offsides probably at time of the shot, even though she wasn't a target for a pass.
    Is that offsides?
    2. This is no good without video, but Deyna sends in a curving corner kick from the Left corner. We have a girl between the goalie and ball and she heads it in. She is almost even with the goal line when she does it.
    A foul was called. Is she allowed to maintain her position between the GKer and the ball?

Someone with better technology than me can maybe post both videos for expert input.

VictoryCB repped this.
  15. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Tom81 I can answer the 2nd one because I remember the play. Its called back because its screening the goalkeeper. you can't box in or screen the gk. you have to allow them the ability to move towards a ball. The reason the goal is called back is because the player stood in front of the gk where the ball was played. This basically boxed out the GK since it was played near post. if it would of been played back post it would of been ok because the gk could move in that direction.

16. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
  17. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing the highlights and a bit of run of play, looks like BC scored their four goals off five corner kicks. Insane. Gotta get that cleaned up and do some self scouting. Every other team on the schedule will be taking a close look.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bollinger in net next week. Jeffers seems to get caught flat-footed occasionally and doesn't play with the confidence or composure I expect of a keeper at this level. A couple poor decisions on the corner crosses led directly to two of the goals. I dunno what Mark is seeing in practice, and every fan loves the backup keeper, but Bollinger has looked better to me in games.

18. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    #468 Tom81, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    I agree! I am hoping BB gets the next start.
    If you can't defend corners, you'll never beat the better teams. UNC always gets a ton of corners. UVA too.
    The good news is our final third passes looked much better.
    We are such a right handed team right now.
    Abby doesn't seem willing or able to attack on the left side. (Miss Gloriana)
    Maybe Kristina will finally get healed up or they'll let Clara start on the left midfield.

Another note. Heather is settling in with her offensive runs, but at least 3 x last night she had poor passes that lead to dangerous turnovers. Clean that up Heather.

19. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
  20. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Answer to question 1 is, yes it is offside. This play happens frequently around the goal and referees know this well. The rule says that the player playing the ball must be onside when the ball was played by a teammate. The only thing that would cancel that offside position would be if the ball was last played or attempted to be played by an defender, The post or cross bar is not considered an opponent! ;-) However, it gets weirder. If the ball inadvertently deflects off a defender that player is deemed to be the same as an unwitting goalpost and the offensive player is still offside. ..and if the ball comes off the keeper who has attempted a save, then the offside player remains offside.

Perfectly clear?

Crazyhorse repped this.
  21. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Thanks SH.
    Joffer said in the replay, that Deyna wasn't off sides, but no VAR for those calls apparently.

22. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We don't have VAR. We do have goal line cameras when the game is on ACCN. We had a review during the UVA v WVU game.

23. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There also was a review, not of a goal, during the Portland v Wisconsin game. Following the review, the ref issued a straight red card.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  24. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nighswonger has a boot on her left foot.

25. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've come to really hate boots.

VictoryCB and Crazyhorse repped this.