PBP: 2019 CONCACAF U17 Championship Final: USA vs Mexico 5/16 7 PM (ET)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sebsasour, May 15, 2019.

1. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh half from the U.S. imo.

Busio and Reyna the ones combining to create chances. Unlucky with shots hitting posts and crossbars.

2. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U.S. is demolishing them as badly as the previous youth victories, only it's not reflecting as much on the scoreboard. Not just possession, but dominant chances. Gotta be about 12-2 in that department. But letting them off the hook between shoddy finishing and bad luck.

USSoccerNova repped this.
  3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Let me know when you pass 3rd grade geography and I'll explain it to you.

Pl@ymaker and bballshawn repped this.
  4. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Let me also say, this coaching job for this game is great. The way they are playing in possession is wonderful, with only the two CBs on defense when in control. Can't even see the outside backs as they move up the field. Passing out of those back two has been great, but mexico does look a bit tired or lazy in midfield defense.

5. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    It looks like we’re playing a friendlier version of Honduras right now. This must be a down cycle for Mexico.

6. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    If you do, then that's laughable. It's 1-1, you get no points for hitting crossbars.
    1-1 isn't getting schooled.

7. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    ???????
    It's on Facebook live so you can actually watch the game. Should be 4-1...

8. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Playing really well. Busio and Reyna are way better than any Mexican kids. The rest is pretty good except for Gray, Scally and Armour. Win would be great, but I'm happy with this team no matter the result.

9. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Yes, we had more chances, and were unlucky, but you just have to finish chances. Mexico tends to feel teams out and then grow into the game. I expect a very tough 2nd half.

10. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Gotta attribute some on Mexico's tiredness to how we made them chase the ball around for 10 minutes after our goal.

11. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    It is if you actually watch the game.

12. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    We are just as tired. Same amount of games in the same amount of days.

Gacm32 and bballshawn repped this.
  13. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Welp, we found the one person on this thread to ignore...

As someone said earlier, I don't need to see anything else, or even the result. This team has improved dramatically apparently, as all I heard previously was how mexico handled us easily the past few times this group played.

Never seen such a dominant display from the US at any youth or senior level.

14. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i am pretty disappointed in scally. i think he would get eaten alive if given mls minutes

15. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I like AOC is possession this tourney more than Pepi, but that sub might need to happen

16. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your level of delusion or blatant disingenuousness is only equaled by a person in the U.S. who'll remain nameless, that has a lot of power, and you probably ironically hate even though you have so much in common.

dlokteff, Pl@ymaker and Gacm32 repped this.
  17. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Mexico is always tough even when they are not good. We've played second halves much better than first halves in this tournament so we will see. We can't let them walk near the box like we did for their goal. They still have good players.

Peretz48 repped this.
  18. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    How about you pass 1st grade English for once.

You made some vague post about some kidnapping which made no sense. And now explaining it is too much a task for ya. Time for you to brush up on basic communication.

19. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Watching live from my trashy Hostel in Milan, Italy at almost 2:00 am local time now. I think the team looks good but unlucky. I’ve missed most the tournament so far over here backpacking, but if we’ve looked this good going forward with Wicky as a new coach, once he gets to know these guys I’d love to see what we get. I think Armour doesn’t look like he belongs with the quality he’s around but I don’t think he’s a stretch in quality compared to past YNTs. Sounds like Yow has scored some goals, and from what I’ve seen it looks like he got that in his head and he’s getting too selfish. I may have missed a bunch tho as my phone is cracked and stuff.

SUDano repped this.
  20. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    It made sense if you had a sense of humor.

21. markandrew78

markandrew78 Member

Jun 10, 2007
    US looks the better team (all around).

Curious, is Reyna big for his age? I would expect him to be short like his dad, but he looks pretty tall for his age.

22. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Dedication! I applaud you sir.

23. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    It takes two to tango. I think his mother was an ex-athlete too so imagine she's tall.

24. LuckofLichaj

LuckofLichaj Member+

Mar 9, 2012
    He’s listed at 6’. Probably taller than Weston’s 6’1” LOL

25. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    No, 1-1 is even no matter how many times you hit a post. Save the moral victories, I thought yall would outgrow that by now.
    Ah, a Trump reference. That doesn't change the fact that the scoreboard is what matters. If yall gonna celebrate hitting woodwork, then that is laughable, there's no other way to put it. Football is about scoring goals, not missing them.
    I'm out the loop at whatever inside jokes yall have in this sub, I never browse here. So no, it didn't make sense.