2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Semifinals: Haiti vs Mexico; July 2, 2019

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Ron Mexico, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Ya viste los precios?

chiva_guero and Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  2. Si, si los viste....lol

chiva_guero and Don Boppero 3000 repped this.
  3. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    You need your bifocals updated bruh.

Neymadres repped this.
  4. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You can’t spend all the lead up to the tournament “we have to reach the final even with all these casualties!” and then be surprised when the guys that o make it in can barely scrape by.

Paco' and rich loc repped this.
  5. Faust23

Faust23 Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Should have brought Macias instead of Vega.

Hey what happened to Victor Guzman from Pachuca? He would have been a lot better than Montes.

LGRod repped this.
  6. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Macias went to the U20

JJV1994 repped this.
  7. hermosillo

hermosillo Member

Mexico
    Mar 28, 2017
    Hermosillo
    #357 hermosillo, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    is it me or futbol getting boring and boring... yikes

8. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We played well and it’s unfair to both teams, especially Haiti, to say otherwise.

I hope Martino begins to reconsider blackballing players from the team tbh

Mexico MNT fans are honestly some of the worst

LGRod repped this.
  9. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Guzman had a bad season partly because he’s been playing further behind as one of the CMs in a narrow mid 4-4-2 diamond with Cardona as the attacking mid. Basically he’s been pushed out of position. Was hoping he’d at least get sold but it hasn’t happened.

LGRod and Faust23 repped this.
  10. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    What is it with people and their stupid 4-0 and 3-0 predictions? We are missing too many of our most dynamic players to break bunkers from teams that are focusing 100% on stopping us.

From what i've seen so far our fullbacks are garbage on offense and barely decent defensively. Gallard is a huge disappointment considering he was a solid performer previously. Chaka is terrible going forward and so so defensively.

Overall we are not that dynamic attacking because of the lack of quality fullbacks. Our mids are not that great because they lack size to prevent being bullied off the ball. They have to be careful to get rid of the ball before they are fouled or stripped of the ball. Alvarez is decent enough in midfield but he's not a real DM or particularly good going forward. Guardado and JDS are solid mids but have trouble with physicality due to their lack of strength and size. JDS no longer looks like a standout player anymore. Guardado is still one of our best mids and that's pretty sad.

Our frontline is decent but not really capable of crushing teams since the team overall is not very good attacking. Alvarado and atuna are decent but not great attackers. Pizarro and Raul are capable attackers but are not going to every provide a plethora of goals.

The team is grinding out victories and that's really all you can expect from this team that is limited by poor offensive fullbacks and small mids that cannot hold the ball against physical defenses. Overall, the team is performing well enough considering their flaws. They aren't panicking at the inability to break bunkers and aren't coughing up stupid goals.

Vela, Tecatito, Lozano, and Herrera need to be on the team. We need to find fullbacks and more options in the midfield.

11. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Man!!

300 bucks..

Wtf.

That's a plane ticket to zactown or something like that..

LGRod repped this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Mexico played decent for 70 minutes (should have had a handball penalty early in the game) and then played like desperate, scared, children. Could have been because Tata was not on the bunch but regardless, that is concerning to me. These are seasoned pros, they shouldn't have fear in their play like that.

I still think we are favorites but two things need to change, 1) finishing must improve and 2) refs need to wake tf up. we've had two critical calls against us in the last two matches that likely change the match completely.

nfiniti and Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  13. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Lol, in that tournament Piojo had every player available and was playing against a 10 man Panama team pretty much the whole game. They were a couple minutes away from losing and getting eliminated if it wasn’t for the last minute PK. Circumstances were clearly different.

14. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    People acting like it’s 1988 when most Concacaf players were bus drivers or worked office jobs and played fútbol in Sunday leagues and we’d roll in and blast teams out 5-0. Hell. Even those results weren’t all that common. LOL

15. Who is he blackballing?

Deja de decír pendejadas por unos minutos si es posible.

Vela,Corona, Herrera, y Cheech no quizieron venir, se les invito y no quizieron. Que no vengan, no hay pedo. I personally don't blame them for skipping moleros. Pero hay concequencias.

Herrera y Cheech si regresan, quizás Vela también ...pero como se portó Corona....no...ni madres. A la verga.

16. That why you gotta hedge your bets.
    I got mine in November.

NCCFBALL repped this.
  17. Zacarías

Zacarías Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Jul 19, 2017
    Sevilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Me encantaría ver a Abella y Arteaga en la selección, no podrían ser peores que Chaka y Gallardo alv…

Narc83, Otaku and beat junky repped this.
  18. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The problem is not that Haiti was super amazing in this case as opposed to our available pool just being bad. People need to start listening when we say Liga MX is severely overrated and that there's a huge disparity between our top tier players as opposed to the ones playing in the local league.

Robertinho21 and Neymadres repped this.
  19. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Meanwhile ole bops work the back channels...

Lettuce see what happens..

Colima24, LGRod, Otaku and 1 other person repped this.
  20. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jonathan Gonzales should have been called up since he didn't play the U20 WC.

SixKick and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  21. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I was thinking this too. I feel bad this kid. I could be wrong but it seems as he’s getting the shaft.

22. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He should have been at the WC, but he was denied by Moterrey. I didn't know they even had the power to do that, but I know for sure they wouldn't have been able to deny the Gold Cup.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  23. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He's a bad mutha...

24. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Callese el hocico, perra!

Serg33, Otaku and LGRod repped this.
  25. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Solo estuve hablando de Juan Cueva

Serg33, Kaney, Colima24 and 1 other person repped this.