2019 Attendance Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TrueCrew, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Next area to join Nordecke in selling out?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2019.
  1. South End (1,486 at $391)

5.7%
  2. North Corner (1,434 at $459)

11.4%
  3. Premier East (1,188 at $799)

5.7%
  4. Center Circle (1,256 at $943.50)

28.6%
  5. Lower Sideline (5,647 at $552.50)

14.3%
  6. Upper Midfield (2,246 at $459)

5.7%
  7. Upper Sideline (4,288 at $391)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No other section waitlisted/sold out

28.6%
  1. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank god you owned that...I was searching through posts here trying to find it to no avail.

hungariansteven and POdinCowtown repped this.
  2. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Lol all good sir

3. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like they've pulled a bunch of seats off the market, particularly in the lower east stands (110-112), south stands and north corner (132-135), and maybe the upper west sideline (222-224 & 228-230). Either that, or we've sold an awful lot of seats in the cheapest seats in the stadium.

My guess is they're pulling them off to market for game specific promotions, but I really have nothing more than just a guess.

4. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I guess we'll have to wait until single game tickets go on sale to figure out how sales are going/what is available to purchase.

5. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cant justify buying season tickets or even a package because my schedule doesnt allow me to make it down very often.

Are single tickets available for the home opener yet? Or have they set the date that they go on sale yet? I want to try to be at the first game of this new era.

6. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will do another count later today and see if the available seats has changed much.

Section 135 (pictured below) is a good example of how I have been doing the count. Rather than count all grey seats as taken what I have been doing is looking for a sign that seats are being withheld then creating a boundary line there. In this case, the first row that is all grey after the available seats stop. Everything in that row and further out I count as being withheld and not available for sale. Everything greyed out closer to the field I count as a taken seat, and the blue seats are unsold but available.

So for 135 my last count had:
    Total Seats in 135 is 305
    29 Seats Sold
    57 Seats Available But Unsold
    222 Seats Unavailable & Unknown Status

If people are interested I can create a google doc to see the count and sections.

upload_2019-1-21_13-8-11.png

TrueCrew and jack sticker repped this.
  7. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    Season tickets purchased. Pledge fulfilled. Add two seats to the estimated season ticket numbers gentlemen.

8. 96er

96er Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Columbus
    So I’ve been really wrestling with the decision to get season tickets this year. After having season tickets from 1999-2015, I’ve only made it to a handful of games. There’s a couple different reasons for that-family obligations, and my Dads inability to make it out to the stadium.

My dad is the man who took my brother and I to Ohio stadium in 1996 and got us all to fall in love with the game, and with the team. He is over 80 years old now, and his body just won’t let him make it in and out of the stadium anymore. This hasn’t been an issue the past few years, my brother and I have forgone going to the games and whenever possible watch all the games with Dad on TV. But this year…well. We’ll call you from the stadium at halftime and at the final whistle, Dad. And theres all the away games too.

Robbiegoal, TheUltra, DAK77 and 6 others repped this.
  9. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To the best of knowledge, no and no.

I've read no reports of anyone being able to buy any single match tickets thus far. And even the multi game packages that some people are reporting 'buying' are only having deposits taken on them and aren't up for sale on the team site. Obviously, this has to open up fairly soon. To state the obvious, the club isn't going to sell 20,000 season tickets. There should be plenty of seats to the March 2 match once the FO opens things up for individual ticket sales.

Tobias C repped this.
  10. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Careful. Not including the last row of 10 seats (Which I've pretty much ignored in sections like these, where they look like they're probably ADA seats above the section), there are actually 308 seats in section 135. 14 seats per row, 22 normal rows = 308 seats.

And this is one of the more straightforward sections. Many of the top rows are one seat less, and in some cases, the closer you get to the field, the row is missing seat 1.

11. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't put the initial total seats in a section available together but I'll double check it later. I have tested a few sections and they all came back accurate so we'll see. Thanks for the heads up.

12. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoops your right... I just went and looked at my spreadsheet and I typed 305 instead of 308 but it has 308 in there correctly.

13. porchlight

porchlight Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Crawlumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Not surprised as folks like me sat the season out in protest of.. Assbob Twinklecourt.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  14. porchlight

porchlight Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Crawlumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    124 lower section sold out?? dang...will pull the trigger on either season or 10 game..

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  15. porchlight

porchlight Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Crawlumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Bought two tickets for the well seasoned. Ouch..not use doing a payment plan this late. 123 row 19 13/14 here we come

JB-CBUS221 and hungariansteven repped this.
  16. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I am doing another count and it looks like @crewfan_in_columbus is right, they pulled back a number of seats. I am guessing for single tickets or multi-game packages which are probably going to go on sale soon.

That having been said, they pulled them back in most areas really clearly. i.e. in section 110, the row where tickets are available moved up a couple rows. So going as conservatively as I can in that area it still looks good for us. I am through the lower bowl and even removing the tickets that are not available the number of sold tickets is still increasing.

I will post an updated count soon but I think its positive. Even after dumping all the tickets from Nordecke on the market last week a couple sections are sold out (or basically so) and 124 has sold out completely again.

hungariansteven repped this.
  17. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ticket Count Update (all standard caveats apply):

Based on my count last night it appears that 9,420 season tickets have been sold.

The number of tickets being held back increased to 8377, however, the number of tickets available for purchase dropped to 2040. This would suggest that we sold around 168 full season tickets between 1/17 and 1/22, around 80 a day.

If we can match even half that pace (~45 tickets) a day we could cross 10,000 tickets in about two weeks. The issue is I don't know how many tickets are being held back in the Nordecke. That having been said if we keep that pace up then even if they are holding back a few hundred tickets in Nordecke we would still pass the 10,000 mark in around 3 weeks.

TrueCrew repped this.
  18. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That isn't bad, considering the staff isn't at full capacity (still hiring ticket sales staff, corporate partnership staff, and someone to manage the stadium).

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  19. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I thought! Especially considering that number doesn't include partial season passes and potentially corporate tickets as well.

If the Edwards and Haslams have utilized their connections and sold several corporate packages we might not even know because they might never release the rows. I have a sneaking suspicion this happened in section 104. Since day 1 all the tickets have been on sale in that section except the last three rows. Ordinarily, I would just assume they are being held back but multiple times section 103 has sold out and section 105 has tickets available all the way into the last full row for sale. So why is this section, between two very busy ones, holding back 59 tickets? Unless they were never up for sale to begin with. That having been said I count those 59 tickets in the "held back" ticket number since we don't know.

puttputtfc repped this.
  20. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    JB, I appreciate the work you are doing on this. Allow Kyle Crew to buy you a six pack.

21. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Ditto! I’ll throw in another six pack from Kyle Crew

22. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, guys (and Kyle Crew). Honestly, I don't mind it. I sort of nerd out on it and its cool to watch the numbers shift.

Plus I have seen some interesting things in terms of ticket patterns and releases. Not to mention figuring out where the highest concentrations of fans are outside of Nordecke.

I have been trying to figure out how we could take all the observations/data I have gathered and build a model for actually estimating ticket sales. Imagine if we could actually hold MLS accountable...

TKyle, Robbiegoal and hungariansteven repped this.
  23. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Let's not get carried away.

24. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha fair enough, but a man can dream though.

[​IMG]