2019 Attendance Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TrueCrew, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Next area to join Nordecke in selling out?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2019.
  1. South End (1,486 at $391)

5.7%
  2. North Corner (1,434 at $459)

11.4%
  3. Premier East (1,188 at $799)

5.7%
  4. Center Circle (1,256 at $943.50)

28.6%
  5. Lower Sideline (5,647 at $552.50)

14.3%
  6. Upper Midfield (2,246 at $459)

5.7%
  7. Upper Sideline (4,288 at $391)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No other section waitlisted/sold out

28.6%
  1. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quick update...

Sections 101, 102, and 124 have sold out. There are only 34 seats left in Nordecke.

2. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you feel they are worth the price? Thinking about shelling out for my son, but the price is pretty steep. Not sure about taking the chance on them when their site said he's a strong chance to not get much benefit from them. Pretty strong colorblindness. Wish our insurance would cover part of it.

3. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I wouldn't say that in my case, they are life changing. Most of my issue is in shades of things but it really opened my eyes to some new colors. I was also in the "strong chance to not get much benefit"

My only "complaint" is that these are sunglasses so pretty much useless unless you are able to wear sunglasses.

4. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For future reference, here are the sections included in each price point/area. And the latest best guess.

1. Nordecke = 6 sections. 101 &102, 139-142. Total = 2,292. 101 & 102 Sold out. Best guess = 34 left.

2. Premier East = 3 sections. 105-107. Total = 1,188. BG = ??

3. Center Circle = 3 sections. 125-127. Total = 1,256. BG = ??.

4. North Corner = 4 sections. 132-135. Total = 1,434. BG =???

5. South End = 7 sections. 113-119. Total = 1,486. BG = ??

6. Upper Midfield = 6 sections. 205-207 & 225-227. Total = 2,246. BG =??

7. Lower sideline = 16 sections. 103-104, 108-112, 120-124, 128-131. Total = 5,647. 124 sold out. BG = ???

8. Upper Sideline = 12 sections. 202-204, 208-210, 222-224, 228-230. Total = 4,288. BG =???.

JB-CBUS221 and B-M-T repped this.
  5. B-M-T

B-M-T Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I curious how many STM renewed for 2018 before the 'parallel paths' announcement and canceled when that option was publicly announced the following week.

6. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I renewed, paid in full, filed a charge discrepancy, then later cancelled the discrepancy with Capital One. They were fantastic.

7. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    They are not advertising the multi game packs yet. I would think that would mean they are still selling quite a few season tickets.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  8. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard some people say that even if you call a ticket rep you still cannot buy a multi-game pack for under 10 games too. They said they put them on a list and would call them as soon as they were authorized to sell the seats. I heard multiple people say this about 4 game packs.

If that is true then I think your right and they are still focused on season tickets which is a really positive sign.

9. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The extra ten game pack I bought isn't really bought yet. I had to put down a $100 deposit, and in a week or three, I'll be contacted to confirm a specific seat assignment, at which time I'll pay for the rest of the package.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  10. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    I got a 4 game pack but they only took a deposit.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  11. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Same here. I bought a full season seat plus a 4 game pack. They said I'll get the adjacent seat but only took a deposit so far. Since they're reserving the adjacent seat for my 4 game pack, they won't be selling it on a full season basis. Thus the counts may be off.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  12. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's interesting that they aren't selling but are holding the seats. It might affect the count.

13. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post in the other thread has the Nordecke
    Yep. Once they start holding seats back, accurate counts are going to be impossible.

And in our history, we are not Portland/SKC or a high demand team. So I doubt we have procedures/formulas in place for only alloting x% of the available seats for season ticket purchases.

If that line of reasoning holds true, then at worst seats held back are partials, instead of seats held back for single game sales.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  14. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, what are the partial options?

4 and 10 games?

15. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't told that I was guaranteed to get a seat adjacent to the block we're sitting in, but I did give my rep my seat preferences for the extra multi game package I was buying.

Being that the club isn't advertising multi game packages, I doubt that too many people are getting them yet. The only reason I looked into it was that it was reported here that they were available.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  16. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, that's good to know. It means they are assuming the section doesn't completely sell out and are able to allot tickets but can't do so officially yet. Which means that they are still dealing in STMs right now so the counts online are probably relatively accurate. Or at least as accurate as they have ever been.

I appreciate the info a lot, it helps us have an informed conversation about what we actually think this thing might look like and where we are at.

17. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note, I'm also in 226, which is going to have more open space than some other sections.

18. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something interesting I have noticed over the last week in regards to Nordecke. Once they sell out (or nearly are there) they release about 50 seats back onto the market.

This makes counting a little more complicated BUT it also gives us a good feel for how well it is selling. At the start of the day yesterday there were 54 tickets for Nordecke open. Over the course of the day Nordecke completely sold out again, now we have 65 tickets available. They are for different seats/areas too. So even though the numbers appear unchanged I think we are actually selling steadily.

Though that would be for Sirk or someone to better comment on.

19. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yep. My ticket rep was trying to upsell me to 10 games for my partial seat. I asked about exchange options. In the early days of Mapfre, you could save spares from earlier in the year and show up in October and get multiple tickets for the last game. I used to do that and take a bunch of relatives to the final game. Now you have to make the exchange before the game you'll be missing. The rep said the exchange policy for 2019 would likely be the same as 2018.

20. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I got my season tickets yesterday. The guy I spoke with offered partial tickets too so I’m sure they are available.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  21. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if you call they are offering them but they aren't advertising them or available on the website yet.

22. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I was relistening to Dr. Pete's radio interviews yesterday and he dropped a huge bit of information. That nearly 13k people signed the pledge for StC to buy season tickets and that would be DOUBLE anything done under PSV.

That means all PSV's numbers were bull and average full STM under PSV were around 6.5k. When you count corporate and partial season tickets on top of it then you probably get to the 9k numbers PSV is quoted as giving out.

However, if what we have heard is right (I think it was @hungariansteven who said) that their sales are 2k higher this year than before, then we are over to 8.5k in full STM and counting. Which means we could crack PSVs total number with our full STM alone.

Add in the partial and corporate STM and we could actually shatter the record.

Minnman and hungariansteven repped this.
  23. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I said nothing of the sort and I’ll sue you for defaming my character

24. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I can't remember who said it. It was on the other thread...I'll go back and look but someone said they had talked to their ticket rep. and were told that.

25. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yes, that's what my ticket Rep, Thomas, told me on Monday morning. That we were already 2K up from last year.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.