2019 Asian Cup - Knockout Rounds [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by +PL+, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    as i said, it was our own players fault for sure for not playing the whistle, but you cannot say the ref was not also complicit. that penalty was nonsense. also the farce 1st goal happened due to him ignoring yet another japanese dive.

2. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The azmoun play was started when Japan's keeper gifted Iran the ball, and that is the only example of talent you can come up with.

Kamtedrejt and Suren01 repped this.
  3. Teba

Teba New Member

Aug 8, 2016
    Will Iran ever win the Asian Cup in my life time? I don't think so.

Saku² repped this.
  4. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    lol what does it matter what came before. we are talking about talent. we are not talking about whether the chance was justified or lucky or deserved or gifted or anything like that cause it was not a goal.

5. soccerboy37

soccerboy37 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You are a really sore loser. My best friend is Iranian and he said that Iran chokes when it matters the most, and today he did not go to blame the ref or say that this game was rigged. He said the players had a lapse of concentration on that first goal and after they were down 1-0, they did not know how to bounce back. All this "conspiracy" and "rigged" talk you speak of shows your true colors and being a sore loser. My country, South Korea did not perform well at all this tournament and I can complain saying Qatar wasted a ton of time rolling around on the grass after they scored, but I won't. Man, Iran had a good tourney and were excellent except this match. And even in this match, I thought they were better in the 1st half. Just admit to your defeats and hope for a stronger comeback next time. Don't act like the match was fixed or that it was the ref's fault. A ref does not cause a 3-0 defeat.

6. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    well i have given up on it now officially. i already semi-gave up after what happened in AC2015. but this was officially the last straw. it simply makes no logical sense to follow a tournament when 4 out of 5 editions there was clear corruption. and it would have been 5/5 if we didnt lose ourselves to korea in 2000. i hope we send our u23 team from now on and just focus on the world cup. if it is any consolation south korea have not won it even longer than us.

7. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    another one who fails at reading comprehension. i wont respond to you until you get the facts right about my post: i already said our players messed up on the first goal. but that doesnt mean that the ref was not complicit as well, for reasons i already stated. south korea was shit in this tournament, of course you cant complain. just like i didnt complain when you guys beat us in AC2011 extra time: we simply had a weak team that time. but when your team loses unjustly it is different.

8. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    anyways i have things to do. see you all during the final round of WCQ2022.

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #384 Mani, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    A fan posted this on PFDC and it pretty much sums it all up, in my opinion.

Lets be realistic here of how the game went and what happened.

Iran was pretty much the better team up to the 55th minute. Having some corners and many more free kicks than Japan. Attacking and having some chances, and in my opinion overall SLIGHTLY better than Japan up to that point. Basically if Iran had continued in that manner there was a chance they could have scored. Now:

(Internal Error): Iranian player (Kanani) thinks a foul is called. Some are saying by whistle and some are saying the ref pointed his finger towards the spot. I have not seen a replay yet. Then after he starts going after the ref 3-4 other players go after the ref too while we had enough coverage to block the play. All of a sudden the ref says (Advantage) and the play goes on and Japan scores. A complete loss of concentration leads to a mental breakdown after the goal is conceded. I think Kanani caused the dillima and had he gone after the play the goal could have been prevented. That's what I think too place and he lead the other players into his error and amateurish actions which caused the goal and Iran losing focus and concentration and having the air punched out of you.

(External Error): The 2nd goal was a PK which after being reviewed for a few min by the VAR team was called for the ref to be viewed directly as well. In the replay you can see that PAG had hit ground a fraction of a second before the ball is kicked. Thus there was no way for him to purposely place his arm there to stop the ball. Plus his arm is behind him and his elbow hitting down in somewhat of a defensive position of him trying to defend his body. Clearly this was not a PK and we will need to wait and see other opinions but I have seen many many plays similar to this and even worse where the ball has hit he players hand and a PK is not called.

Now many of us are mad and first thoughts are to blame the coach tactic and that Iran just did not have it. Iran had a good tournament and even today in my opinion was controlling the game until that fluke happened. Plus we were missing Taremi and Karim was warming up already to come in right before the goal fluke happened. That caught CQ by surprise too and messed up his tactics. Really sad this had to go this way for Iran today. One error followed by a referee error 100% flattened us.

1B539376-4EF8-423D-AE7A-FB72DB971693.jpeg

1089947223662702592 is not a valid tweet id

10. Hashim afc

Hashim afc Member

Jun 16, 2006
    You're embarrassing yourself blaming on corruption. You are so deluded. You've just been tonked 3-0. You'd think that would finally give Iranians no excuses to moan about but you're still at it. Wake up and smell the coffee. You're just bottlejobs. 47 years and counting. Iran are the Spurs of Asia :ROFLMAO:

Zbagint repped this.
  11. Hashim afc

Hashim afc Member

Jun 16, 2006
    You are so desperate to beat Iraq that you are pretending Iran knocked Iraq out :ROFLMAO:. No you didn't Qatar knocked Iraq out. You didn't even beat Iraq. You didn't even score against Iraq. After 4 years of waiting for revenge for Iraq knocking you out.

'Iran got edged by Japan'. Loool you got smashed 3-0! Thats not a 50:50 :ROFLMAO:

4 more years trolololol

Kamtedrejt, Zbagint and rougou repped this.
  12. Hashim afc

Hashim afc Member

Jun 16, 2006
    How did it feel watching Iraq lift the Asian cup when you haven't for 47 years and then having to pretend you knocked Iraq out by drawing 0-0 to them in a group match. You're too much :ROFLMAO:

13. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    An era comes to an end. CQ says goodbye. He was, without a doubt, the best manager we ever had, perhaps the best manager in Asia. This was a bitter end though, his 99th game in charge. In an ideal world, he deserved that 100th game, and a proper farewell, but it just wasn’t meant to be.

637B30B3-FBC3-44BA-AED5-964142AAE075.jpeg

14. Hashim afc

Hashim afc Member

Jun 16, 2006
    You would think after 47 years of losing they would have gotten used to it by now

15. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    How did this turn out for you? :ROFLMAO:

Learn your lesson boy. There's a reason Iran hasn't won the cup for 47 years, all the way back when it was a 6 team cup hosted in your own country.

You played two decent teams this tournament and couldn't beat either of them. Couldn't even get a shot on target vs Iraq and now thrashed by Japan. Stop the overconfidence and maybe it will make the failures hurt less.

16. Hashim afc

Hashim afc Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Making excuses for over 20 years of constant failing. Only Iranian fans could do this and be serious :ROFLMAO:

17. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who is in charge of PFDC Twitter account? I bet he had a meltdown. It was lack of dicsipline not cultural problem!

18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Iraqi fans are hilarious. So much noise from the butthurt fans of team that isn’t even ranked top 10 in Asia and didn’t even get past round of 16. Guys as I said before, know your place in the world. In football and real world, you are and will always be under the shadow of Iran. That’s just a fact. Accept it and live with it.

Dejagah93 and +PL+ repped this.
  19. Felix Herve Caroll

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ivory Coast

20. Hashim afc

Hashim afc Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Nobody cares about Iraq? You certainly do. You wanted to beat them so badly for knocking you out of the last Asian cup that after drawing 0-0 with them in the group and failing to get revenge you had to pretend you knocked them out, just to feel better because of how obsessed you are by Iraq. You did not beat them this time. You did not beat them in 2015. And you watched them lift the trophy in 2007 while you have not won in nearly 50 years. You are in Iraq's shadow in the asian cup and it pains you every day :ROFLMAO:

Zbagint repped this.
  21. Hashim afc

Hashim afc Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Nobody can be in the shadow of a team that hasnt won the asian cup in nearly 50 years. You are nobodies. You are just the team everyone else enjoys watching getting overhyped every 4 years only to be knocked out again and again and again and cry conspiracy and referee bias :ROFLMAO:

22. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Says a resurrected sock-puppet who doesn’t dare post under his real username here or on Wikipedia. Your obsession with Iran, is not healthy. Look up “inferiority complex”, and seek help.

+PL+ repped this.
  23. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Im playing Resident Evil 2 Remake and you guys keep disturbing me every few seconds. Cant look at TV and at my phone at the same time. So please stfu and thanks [emoji16][emoji38]

24. mehdi11

mehdi11 Member

Jul 2, 2006
    London
  25. mehdi11

mehdi11 Member

Jul 2, 2006
    London