2019 AFC Asian Cup - Group A

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, May 4, 2018.

1. Borah

Borah Member

Feb 3, 2018
    0-2 we are buried

2. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got to admit I'm really impressed with India. I thought their win over Thailand was some sort of fluke but honestly they didn't bunker and could have won this match. They could wind up playing Phillipines or China in the 2nd round if they hold on to 2nd place. A China vs India match would be the epic battle of the two sleeping giants of Asian football. If everyone watches at home, could that be the most watched sporting event in history? :p

Honesty not impressed with UAE. They are making this group look very difficult and really seem to be lacking something. Don't think they will make it any further than the quarterfinals but we'll see.

4. Ogasawara

Ogasawara Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes I agree with you. UAE was very lucky today

5. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    They have been in decline since last Asian Cup. Had a good run in the WCQ, although they were struggling and almost lost to Thailand in the final round.

6. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
    India appears to have exceeded their goals quota for the tournament during their first match.

7. Ogasawara

Ogasawara Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Borah repped this.
  8. Borah

Borah Member

Feb 3, 2018
    India playing the same tactics as they have done before in 2 matches. Bahrain is playing physical game and we are losing posession easily. India should try to hold posession more. If it was any other good team, they would have pumped many goals now. Common India play fearlessly as you have played in previous games!

9. Ogasawara

Ogasawara Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Unlike in the previous matches India is too nervous. If they to continue to play like this then they are out

10. Borah

Borah Member

Feb 3, 2018
    :(:(:(:(:(:( India cannot handle pressure. They have shown in the past and that mindset is difficult to build.

11. 00Kevin

00Kevin Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    SoCal
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a real heart breaker. To have your fate in your own hands then get knocked out due to a lapse in concentration by your captain, the guy who should be the reliable one. One of the most brutal ways to go I've ever seen. I predicted them to get past the round of 16 before today. India captured hearts with this tournament though. I hope this will be a stepping stone to greater things for you guys