2019-20 U-20 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by ChaDuRi671, Mar 21, 2019.

1. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    i stated i do in my 1st comment. while Lee SWs development was stalled due to the ban, Doan didn't face that issue. a bit disappointed by his development in Eredivisie tbh & w/ the national team.. except for some early caps (where Nakajima was the star), he was disappointing for me.. especially in games without Shoya Nakajima.

and i can't help but mention this. head to head, Lee SW came out on top against Doan everytime i believe. remember this game? Lee SW burned Tomiyasu (player who I like a lot.. as you know) when he was struggling w/ the ban while Doan was anonymous

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dont disagree with you on this but its interesting LSW stagnated is mostly hated on and Doan is seen as on the of the biggest prospect from Japan.

3. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    The set piece sorcerer I idolized. In the spirit of the rivalry, Korea should strive to produce a set piece taker that can be like Naka, Honda and Endo.

seolseol repped this.
  4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    stagnated.. sure, but you can say the same about Doan atm. the reason ppl "hate" Lee SW is because of the hype they created, only to realize he won't fulfill the crazy hype & expectation of their dreams.

Doan & Lee SW are born the same yr. both are still "biggest prospects" of each country.. at least by the standard of players each have developed. of course, at the same time.. both are eclipsed by younger prospect as the "biggest" atm (Kubo & Lee KI).

seolseol repped this.
  5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes. Thats why I wish to see LSW in Eredivise for instance. LSW rarely do anything special whilst Doan put up some magic from now and then, for instance his last goal this season.

nmssis repped this.
  6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    umm, move to Eredivisie just for that? for some random cracking goal or to buffer stat? what good is that for his development if it doesn't translate to national team or higher lvl? for ex.. Hwang HC scored goals in Austria but couldn't do shit at BL2 (nor much w/ NT).

i think he is fine where he is.

7. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Or you guys just dont have superstars and have to rely on the tactics instead.
    Spain has produced a lot of superstars even tho they are "team-based".

But dont be too harsh on your team. Honda and Kagawa were good enough to be called superstars for a while.

yhr88, seolseol and Testator repped this.
  8. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    do you think the winner of the Japan vs Korea match can beat the senegal in the quarter-finals?

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmm Im not a big fan of Serie B. But they got up so. Maybe he should stay one more season. Lets see what happens.

10. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Could be one of the reason as well.

11. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    With Nakata, people remember how it all ended - quitting at 29 after a failed loan stint at Bolton. But to be full and frank, between 98-01 he was truly immense. He was for that 3 year period, world class and in the prime Totti, Del Piero level conversation. It's just the rest of his career was massively overrated due to that period. With every new haircut and team, he got stale. Quitting at 29 shows how much he didn't really give a sht about football.

seolseol repped this.
  12. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Senegal is very fast and strong... I am wondering how the manager will prepare for this one.

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He seems happy at Verona. If so, after years of turmoil.. comfort, familiarity & stability can greatly help him develop.. or overcome whatever issues he has as a player.

14. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    Lmao. That's Zlatan, the greatest striker of his generation in the pic. And that's Ramos, the GOAT defender. Then you have little Korean shits doing it and pretending to piss in the cup. That's why the rats are mad.

KFA would act the exact same way, and Korean netizens would barbecue the shit out of them if China or Japan did tbe same thing.

15. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    That ship has sailed, lol. He is nothing like he used to be.

16. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LSW at Serie A yay

17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    so? still an improvement, better & ahead of the curve over 99% of Korean players.

18. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    were our guys tired vs Japan or are they just a slow bunch? it's odd seeing them lose out running down the lines

19. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    think bwintv.net got taken down...

20. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    Barely. I rate him about the same as Hwang In Beom or Hwang Hee Chan.