2019-20 Offseason Catch-All Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Darn good question. The last 3/4 of last season has me thinking as 4/5th. But we are the Rapids and something will come up to push us back down. Hard to build a winning culture after not even 1 whole season of decency.

2. wafc4ever

wafc4ever Member

wigan
    England
    Mar 31, 2017
    It's not even necessarily about us, and more how good other teams may also be after improvements. It's just so hard to gage where we will be. I'm not sure Vancouver have strengthened enough yet. Minnesota also seem to be missing some pieces. Nashville are new to the league

3. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. It's been slow for MN and Vancouver. I'm hoping that's a good sign. On paper, I believe right now we are better than: Nashville (obviously), Houston, Vancouver, SJ, and RSL. Those are the teams we need to beat to have any chance of the playoffs even with an improved roster. The others we need to snag at least a point on the road. The Western Conference is a bitch.

Rod1916 repped this.
  4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently its time to teach the Duck a lesson. (Something, as a Husky, I'm used to)

(Bold mine)
    (Bold mine)
    We, given the context, presumably being "cable customers". Given that cable customers don't have DirecTV, otherwise they would be DirecTV and not cable customers, then the question is how do cable customers watch.

;)

Riccardo55 repped this.
  5. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Oh, good lord. Do we need a discussion on how cable companies get their feed? And at what point is a signal hitting coax, fiber, uplink, and downlink? One could even argue if fiber is technically cable and what about those xfinity streaming boxes. I need a beer for this one.

Really, I think the intent is how can we watch our Rapids.

(you are going to miss me, right jason?)

COMtnGuy, Riccardo55 and JasonMa repped this.
  6. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been pondering giving up Xfinity and going High Speed Internet.....just sign up for the stuff you *really* want and buy the MLS stuff or HBO stuff as stream on Apple, or whatever service. Maybe the Comcast Altitude Direct MLS etc. is a sign to pull that trigger?

Agreed, Rob, Beer!

R

7. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Players report tomorrow. I am assuming that we won't see Namli and Benezet for at least a week or two. It always seems to take some time to get the P1 visa and ITC worked out. IIRC, the visa applicant has to be in the country of their citizenship and then apply through the US embassy.

Hopefully the nonsense that's going on with Galvan won't delay his arrival past mid-July (assuming a transfer can't be arranged).

Looks like the early leak of the new primary kit were correct.

And finally, looks like I'll be in the dark come Feb. 29 when the Rapids take the pitch in DC. Unfortunately, this may last for the entire season.

JasonMa repped this.
  8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Using a VPN to run ESPN+ through? Thinking about doing the same thing. I'm under contract with Comcast through the end of the year but with the Olympics that's fine. I'll figure out ways to see games this year. If they still aren't on Comcast at the end of 2020 though I'll probably cut the cord, unless a comparison of the cost of the various streams I'd need turns out to be higher than Comcast.

COMtnGuy and Riccardo55 repped this.
  9. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thinking about this is at least two beers
    R

10. therapidsnumbernine

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Jul 16, 2019
    Nebraska
    Most VPN clients I've tried (even paid ones) have had their IPs blocked by ESPN+. It's almost always been simpler for me to seek out illicit streams for games.

Totoro, JasonMa and Rod1916 repped this.
  11. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    1218549354396446720 is not a valid tweet id

12. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    only real luck I have had is the built in google VPN with gfi. For some reason I could always watch on my phone. The other VPN's I use are hit and miss.

wormhole repped this.
  13. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    1218640354137628672 is not a valid tweet id

JasonMa repped this.
  14. wormhole

wormhole Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Westminster, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've had success with a specific provider which has prompt support when I can't get a feed to play. PM me if you want a referral.

therapidsnumbernine and Rod1916 repped this.