2019-20 Development Academy

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 17, 2019.

1. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Benfica. Juventus is out after losing to Dallas.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Do you mean U-16? U-15 would be 05's. I haven't heard much about the '04 group from LAG, aside from Valdez, so I suspect you are probably right.

3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Their '05 group has some great talent, as well. It's too early to make much of 12 year old players, but this kid is supposed to be talented.

Luksarus and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

Luksarus and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yup. FCD U15s have beaten Juventus and Hamburg in that competition. Lost to Bayern.

Buzz seems to think there's a lot of talent in that U15 group at FCD. He's posted a bunch of times about them over the last several weeks.

6. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    No idea how to embed tweets, but looks like FCD better Dinamo Zagreb 3-1 in semi final and then win 6-5 in penalties against Bayern Munich in the final after a 2-2 score line.

https://fcbayern.com/de/amp/news/20...n-adidas-campus-cup?__twitter_impression=true

7. Luksarus

Luksarus Member

United States
    Jul 27, 2018
    ussoccer97531 repped this.
  8. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think the FC Dallas 05's are a talented age group. It looks much more in line with prior age groups, and less like the 04's.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Really think Inter Miami can do wonders in South Florida.
    By the way, the article implies that Jason Kreis coached this U17 team.
    I mean, the first team doesn't exist, and the U17s just beat Pohang Steelers. Nothing to sneeze at there...…………..

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  11. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
  12. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. The Sounders have won a few European youth tournaments, and I believe other MLS clubs have done the same over the past five years.

13. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    Yes, we have had teams win European tournaments. However, I don’t recall any in a field such as this. Bayern Munich, Juventus, Dinamo Zagreb, Benfica and FC Basel all have highly regarded Academies.

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Stupid_American and USSoccerNova repped this.
  15. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    FCD U17 loses to Pachuga 5-1 in Mexico on Saturday and now three losses in 3 games down south and last in their group. Will have to make some changes to turn things around.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    With those opponents?

17. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wrong on this one -- the father of Noah Allen ('04 left back who was last with US U15s in May 2018) confirmed to me that Perez will be with Inter Miami's new setup. Perez is listed most recently with Sporting KC on his DA page, but didn't yet have an appearance and now has apparently left for Inter Miami. Allen also left Weston for Inter Miami.

18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yes, but not many.

FCD has won a bunch of tournaments, but the overwhelming majority of them have been on US soil. The Dallas Cup Supergroup is probably the most prestigious tournament they've lifted, as its a U19 competition of the highest caliber. That one is literally at home, though. Cannon, Pomykal, and Ferreira were the stars of that group.

The younger the age groups get, the less stock I take in sheer results. Its good that a U15 team wins a tournament like this one at Bayern. What does it mean? That there are good raw materials in that FCD age group. Nothing more. Nothing less.

What does the FCD U17 result in Mexico mean? That they have work to do. They made the final of the tournament last season. This is a group made up of last seasons U15s that were only "OK," and lost their leading scorer to Germany apparently. So they're supplemented by a bunch of new players it seems.

We know how this goes. The Solar U15s last year were horrible. One of the worst teams in the U15 DA. Do I expect them to improve as they advance to the U17s? Yes, because at good academies players improve. Same for FCD.

19. El Tuca Ferretti

Tigres
    United States
    Jan 7, 2018
    The last time sounders u16s went,and won, the youdan trophy they played FC Basel, Wolverhampton, Celtic FC which featured Karamoko Dembele amongst other European academies.

Winoman repped this.
  20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    They also won the U17 Generation Adidas Cup on US soil this year. They beat River Plate, Flamengo, and Valencia to lift the trophy.

Sounders academy is definitely coming on strong.

bpet15 repped this.
  21. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    FCD U17 loses 2-0 to Cruz Azul Sub 15 today in Mexico. FCD still looking for their first win in this tournament out of 4 games.

This team will need to get a lot better in all areas of the field. They aren't scoring goals and they are giving up goals. Its a mix of 04s and 03s for FCD. Johnathan Gomez probably won't play with this team when they get back to Texas and that will be a bigger problem as he has been the only noticeable player for their team.

22. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Sealy should be playing in this team.

23. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    This would be a level below.

24. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018

I agree. But since he is on a first team deal, I think its highly unlikely they play Dante or Pepi with this group. That doesn't bode well for their chances to advance in the GA cup which is a big deal tournament and large event at the finals.

Heard yesterday FCD may start playing fewer and fewer non signed academy kids in the USL games going forward as well. You can see that in the last few as I don't think any Academy kids were on the last USL game day roster. I think this would be a mistake as kids like Johan Gomez, Beni, Bryan, Tanner and others that have not signed a USL deal should be playing in those games instead of bringing down MLS veterans like Coleman that have little to offer.

25. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    It will be interesting to hear if the info as to why, ever comes out. Admittedly, I am not up to speed on roster rules in USL.

There is something definitely going on at the moment and it’s difficult to put a finger on it. Tessman put in great performances with this team and they have struggled since he’s been out of the team.

Are they keeping these kids out of the squad because of rules, or is it punishment for possibly turning down USL contract offers? I guess we will have to stay tuned.