2018 World cup prediction contest

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by BKR inC, May 16, 2018.

1. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    So as the world cup draws near I wanted a forumn for the el Salvador and hell some ofthe other central Americans posters to make thier prediction in the world cup

We will have the regular prediction such as who will progress from each group, the score of each games, whether a game ends in a victory, draw or loss

We will have other prediction who will be the golden ball winner, the golden boot winner, golden glove, best young player and fair play winner.

We will have have your crazy/unique prediction such who will go through the tournament goal-less, winless, who will be the biggest choke, who will be the surprise packet, who will be the next luiz suarez in terms of crazy behaviour , who will be crucified in the media post world cup such David Beckham, Fred, etc.

I will have my prediction up in the next few days , here is a reminder of the groups:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    My personal predictions

Group A: Uruguay & Egypt pass

Group B: Spain & Portugal pass/ Spain wins group

Group C: France & Peru pass/ Australia possibly losses all games or ties vs Denmark/ France wins all games

Group D: Argentina & Croatia pass/ Argentina wins group Nigeria a wild card & Iceland loses all games

Group E: Brazil passes wins all games/toss up between Serbia & Swiss

Group F: Germany passes wins all games/ toss up for 3rd place but favoring Mex & Sweden

Group G: England & Belgium passes/ Panama losses all games goes goalless

Group H: Toss up between Colombia,Poland,Japan/ I favor Colombia to win the group

3. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Tim Cahill to get red carded in the 1st game if he does play...I don’t think the scores will be level at the 75th-80th min against France.

4. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Group A: Uruguay & Russia
    Group B: Spain & Portugal
    Group C: France & Peru, Australia will lose all games
    Group D: Argentina & Croatia but if Croatia has a Balkan meltdown then Nigeria
    Group E: Brazil & Switzerland (Serbia will likely have a Balkan meltdown)
    Group F: Germany & Sweden/Mexico that should be a good game
    Group G: England & Belgium
    Group H: Colombia & Poland

Golden boot: Antoine Griezmann

5. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    My predictions for the world cup:

Group A: Uruguay and Egypt
    Group B: Spain and Portugal
    Group C: France and Denmark
    Group D: Argentina and Croatia
    Group E: Brazil and Switzerland
    Group F: Germany and Mexico
    Group G: England and Belguim
    Group H: Colombia and Japan

Golden Ball: Neymar (Brazil)
    Golden boot: three way tie between Diego Costa (Spain), Antonio Griezuma (France) and Neymar (Brazil)
    Golden Gloves: Alisson (Brazil)
    young player: Hrving Lozano (Mexico)

I feel like two teams won't gain a point: Saudi Arabia and Panama
    six teams won't get a win: Iran, Korea republic, Australia, Costa Rica and Iceland

Biggest choke will be Argentina (crash out in the quarter finals) and Portugal (to crash out in the second round)
    Dark Horses: Colombia, Belguim and Denmark

Crazy moment: Sergio Ramos or Diego Costa

the player to be crucified by the media for a failed eprformance will be Paul Pgoa (France)

Willsant87 and JJV1994 repped this.
  6. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    So the group stages have ended and here how my predictions went:

Group A:
    My Predictions :
    Uruguay and Egypt (1/2)
    Actual Results Uruguay and Russia
    Well I got Uruguay correct, they easily topped the group despite being poor for the first two games. But I was shocked how good Russia were and how bad Egypt were. Seriously they were so bad , they lost to Saudi Arabia, who I reckon prior to the game were the worst team in the world cup.

Group B
    My Predictions : Spain and Portugal (2/2)
    Actual Results: Spain and Portugal

This group seemed easier to predict but that last game between Iran and Portugal was a thriller, Iran were one goal from dumping out the euro champions sadly it was not meant to.

Group C
    My Predictions : France and Denmark (2/2)
    Actual Results: France and Denmark

France won the group, but they were so underwhelming, I feel like unless they reach the final this world cup will be considered a failure. Denmark were outstanding and despite me wanting Australia to win, I knew our poor attacking options would hurt us.

Group D
    My Predictions : Argentina and Croatia (2/2)
    Actual Results: Argentina and Croatia

God this one of the prediction were I hope i was wrong, Argentina have been abysmal and honestly do not deserve to progress. Sadly Nigeria once again failed to spark at the world cup. i was very impressed by Croatia are my dark horse for the tournament,

Group E
    My Predictions : Brazil and Switzerland (2/2)
    Actual Results: Brazil and Switzerland

Brazil won the group, this might be an unpopular opinion but Brazil look so much better without Neymar, they attack and defend better as a unit, sometimes Neymar stifles the attack when he goes down easier or tries to do it himself. Serbia did what they always do and fail to impress at the world cup. Costa Rica looked slower and they didn't have the same defensive cohension like they did in the last world cup.

Group F
    My Predictions : Germany and Mexico (1/2)
    Actual Results: Sweden and Mexico

Never in my wild dreams did i think Germany would be knocked out in the group stage, but they were atrocious and failed to beat South Korea and Mexico, Sweden were outstanding and might progress quite deep in the tournament,

Group G
    My Predictions : England and Belgium (2/2)
    Actual Results: England and
    Belgium

This was quite straight forward, Panama and Tunisia were out of their depth, its hard to judge England and Belgium.

Group H
    My Predictions : Colombia and Japan (2/2)
    Actual Results: Colombia and Japan

Wow Cannot believe I got this right, Senegal was unlucky to not progress due to accumulation of yellow cards, I thought Poland would not progress because they looked weak across the board with the exception of lewandoski.

Got 14/ 16 right
    No African have progressed for the first team since they have changed format, Asia have one team through, One team from CONCACAF,4 South america teams and 10 teams from Europe

7. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    No one predicted Russia to start of so strong and that Germany would bust hard, Surprised that not one African team passed.

8. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    My round 16 predictions

Uruguay vs Portugal
    I am going for an upset and Uruguay to win

France vs Argentina
    France to win in extra time

Spain vs Russia
    Spain to win easily, Russia will put a strong showing first half but collapse second half

Croatia vs Denmark
    Croatia for me are the team to beat, have looked good through the tournament

Brazil vs Mexico
    Brazil to win, Mexico blew their chance for an easier opponent, and were shown how frail they are against a well structured team

Belgium vs Japan
    Belgium to win with a strong performance

Sweden vs Switzerland
    Toughest game to predict, hmmm I will say Switzerland will in penalties

Colombia vs England
    Another tough one to call, I will say it’s coming home and England to win

9. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Since the games already happened

France over Uruguay

Spain over Russia

Croatia over Denmark

Brazil over Mexico

Belgium over Japan

Sweden over Switzerland

England over Colombia

10. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Arghh damn Spain, they choked massively against Russia, why did i go against my gut and not pick Sweden.

Predicted 6 out of 8 correct.

Predictions for the quarter Finals

Uruguay vs France (I think Uruguay will win)
    Brazil vs Belguim (I think Brazil will win but I will be ecstatic if Belguim win, Neymar has turned me against Brazil, he is what wrong with football)
    Russia vs Croatia (I think Croatia will finally end Russia dream)
    England vs Sweden (I think the its coming home will continue and England will win)

11. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I was right in my predictions outside of Spain choking.

France over Uruguay
    Brazil over Belgium
    Croatia over Russia
    England over Sweden

12. SamKnight

SamKnight Member+

United States
    Aug 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Well Brazil sh*t the bed lol.

Who ever wins between France or Belgium will be the Champions, I have France over Belgium though.

Still have England and Croatia making it to the final four.

13. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Came third in the World Cup tips with my friends. My downfall was thinking Australia would beat France and Peru. Goodbye $200 :(

I actually thought the Socceroos could progress to the next round. We looked better than our 2014 WC squad yet we couldn’t materialise.

Happy for France, though being from Australia we were all cheering on Croatia.