Pre-match: 2018 WCQ: Colombia vs. Argentina (San Juan, Argentina)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Furnaccio, Nov 11, 2016.

1. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I thought that was going in.

2. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    James is not really playing at club level, its showing in his performances. Our players have made poor decisions club wise for a while and its effected us. All the players going to China has hurt our depth + James and Falcao decisions have been very poor.

Hovaaa and pibe10 repped this.
  3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cardona brought you six points, Macnelly is the playmaker of America's champion. James DOESN'T PLAY AT ALL IN REAL MADRID! it's time that you will understand in case you haven't, that it doesn't matter if your mame is James. If you don't play, you lost form. Stop acting like a messi/ronaldo fanboys. It's not that I like to see James like this.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

4. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Both are incredible players in our history. James is still 25.

5. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Pekerman needs to call Zuniga next qualifiers. If you are going to play Balanta as your LB, then there is no reason not to call up Zuniga who can play on both sides and is vastly experienced.

dapip and Hovaaa repped this.
  6. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
    So that is 2 games against Argentina, 2 against Uruguay and 2 against Chile. In those 6 games, we managed 3 points. Just cant get wins against the big teams.

That game in Quito will be make or break, imo.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    level of play in the 90s isn't what it is today bro. You can't seriously say that it was harder in 1990,94,98 then it is now

So love how James is being blamed but no blame on Pekerman for his tactics or subs. Seriously what did Copete do other then take the worst headers of all time. Did we need to cup tie Copete like we did Fabian Castillo? Why the hell did he play. Muriel or Bacca coming in would have been much better sub. Are we going to shit on Bacca as well today for having 0 chances? or even the fiercest Pekerman supporter going to agree a 3 CB, 3 DM formation doesn't work especially when Carlos Sanchez can't pass or trap the ball 80% of the time

Get a bunch of friendlies and get this team playing like a FKING team again

8. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm not saying his level hasn't gone down it's noticeable, but he is still our best player even in his dip in form. Cardona did win us 6 points, but he had an awful match va Chile, no way you start him over James, and Macnelly has had one good match with Colombia is his last few outings with a few poor ones.

9. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sanchez has been poor lately. He had a good stretch a few games ago, but he has also lost his spot at Fiorentina, Torres should player ahead of him with Perez/Aguilar

dapip repped this.
  10. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James needs to get the hell out of that team. His quality and his temperament have gone downhill. But the guy is infatuated with that team.

kromekote repped this.
  11. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I think some of you should look at the Peru team.

Its a tough decision to drop your stars, but sometimes it works. Peru dropped Farfan, Vargas, and Pizarro and a few others that weren't getting playing time at their clubs. Now the team has been performing extremely well. Better than I can remember them. Its a brave and bold decision but sometimes it must be done.

pibe10 repped this.
  12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Agreed. Hopefully his agent talks some sense into him, you have to seperate yourself as a fan from your career. Ronaldo or Bale aren't going anywhere anytime soon and with that the case they'll never be able to easily fit the 3 of them into a lineup without having a porous defense.

BlueDamian repped this.
  13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Look, I'm the first one who wants to see James succeed but it's impossible when he doesn't play. Unless your name is Messi or Ronaldo, you cannot keep high form if you don't play. And you just saw that in the last month. So all i was saying is tjat James must find a solution to his regular performance because we clearly hurt from this situation.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

14. JudeCaso10

JudeCaso10 Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Florida
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Horrible from the entire 11. We capitulated, that's it end of story. I am tired of Pekerman but he is our best choice at the moment, if somehow he can let the players express themselves we have a shot, however if play timid as we have we will miss out on the world cup and I will cry every single match I watch of Russia 2016. perhaps I am being a bit overdramatic, but I love Colombia. It's sad to see us play this horribly.

15. GavoCol

GavoCol Member

May 12, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Que tristeza como juega la seleccion..

16. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who says that no one is blaming Pekerman? I think pretty much everyone has questioned his lineups and strange subbing decisions.

17. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    2016 just keeps getting worse and worse.

dapip, J-Mezzy and crzdcolombian repped this.
  18. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sanchez -5 a lot of misplaced long balls, better second half, his level had dipped
    Murillo -4 at fault for 3rd goal and very sloppy overall, poor game
    Balanta -4 Messi ran all over him got better as game went on
    Barrios -2 Seriously why bench Aguilar for him??????! He had such a shit game, stupid foul for Messi free kick and overall was getting run all over very very poor
    D Torres -6 did okay
    Arias -6.5 decent match, thought he did very well vs Chile
    D Sanchez -5 debut, lost his man in marking a few times, second goal as well. Didn't do too bad though
    James - 6.5 Created our two chances first half, did decent his lack in matches shows at times.
    Cuadrado -7.5 very lively down the right, created the most danger, overall good game
    Falcao - 6.5 made good runs, did good in the air first half, didn't get a clear chance to score
    Copete - awful lost the ball everytime why not Cardona who has been so clutch or Muriel who is clearly a better player wtf???
    Bacca- nothing to say
    Macnelly- brought life to the team but inconsistent misplaced a lot of passes

dapip repped this.
  19. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hopefully we get Oscar and Mina back the next set of matches. It would be nice to get Zuniga on the left side if he keeps playing with Watford. Daniel Torres, Sanchez, and Barrios didn't do much today. Sanchez is a good back up defensive mid for Colombia. Hopefully Cuellar gets a call up.

Cardona, Perez and Barrios need to find a club that will give them playing time.

The defensive midfield is troubling to saw the least. James needs an associate since he's not at his best form, although his set pieces are top notch. I do not fault any of the strikers because of the lack of service they have received, you could put van Niselrooy in his prime and still get zero goals.

I hate to say it but Colombia is on red alert fellas.

20. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree, although I would love for him to succeed at Madrid, lack of playing time is affecting him for the NT he needs to move Zidane clearly doesn't have him in mind at all.

21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    2015 and 2016 have been steps backward for the national team.

2017 needs to be a big wake up call for players and coaching staff

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    worst weak EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hate Tuesdays now :( and there was a KKK rally yesterday near my wifes parents house in CT.... so yea there is that too

23. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    FCF should think about sacking Pekerman. Looks like he can't get the best out of this team anymore, although I said the same thing after we lost to Argentina at home last year and then we had two good games against Bolivia and Ecuador. We'll need a repeat of that.

24. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's not Pekerman's fault there are the only two players who have been in form lately have been Murillo and Mina.

25. GavoCol

GavoCol Member

May 12, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Porfavor, el equipo no juega a nada, como no va a ser culpa de Pekerman, la seleccion necesita un revulsivo

kromekote repped this.