2018 Roster Changes - In Season

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Mar 28, 2018.

1. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno bout this. Given the political and social philosophy of the company, I wonder if this is a good move for the Dynamo. Seems it could definitely PO a segment of the progressive fan base, not to mention the atheists and others who might want a chick-fil-a during a Sunday scheduled match. :)

2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, the Dynamo are clearly on the “wrong side of history” by allowing Chick Fil-A into BBVA Compass Stadium. Expect a movement for the Dash franchise to be seized or forefeited by NWSL supporters for allowing Chick Fil-A to serve their bigoted product during women’s soccer matches

3. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    * Except on Sunday

So does this mean no Sunday matches next season?

4. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Will it be open for Sunday games? I mean, it's a concession in a small arena. There are only so many outlets.

5. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. They are even closed in Atlanta on Sundays for the Falcon games.

6. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    #156 juvechelsea, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Understood, and I assumed so. But think about it this way, what percentage of the available restaurants would it be? Think shutting down one isolated concession in NRG versus one concession in BBVA. We grumble if they don't have all the concessions open on economics. OK, now have one that does it for moral/religious reasons.

That being said, it will probably make a mint. I've already eaten chicken fingers and fries there as it is.

I understand the political/moral objections of some of the fans, however, you're not buying a ticket for Chick-fil-A so I doubt very many tickets are lost to choice of concessionaires. It's kind of a second order question. I can believe x% of fans might walk to another concession. I can't believe there is more than a minimal loss of soccer tickets based on them letting Chick-fil-A in the building. The primary choice is do I want to go watch soccer. And I think they have bigger problems on that than tasty but politically problematic non-Sunday fried chicken.

Having looked at this season's schedule, to be fair, it's a minor issue. 2 Sunday games this year, one away, one in October.

7. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The fact that they are not open on Sunday's plays no baring on Dynamo games because we've maybe played 2 this whole season on Sunday.... Just a good stand to have because they food will be immediately better than whats provided. By better I mean won't give you the shits.

8. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There goes the 10 people that show up for those games! :ROFLMAO:

9. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    you know what's funny. i think 2 (or 8) consenting adults should be able to do what ever they want with their private parts, BUT i also love me a chicken sandwich.

what do you know! it's possible to be an adult about these things.

El Naranja and DynamoManiac repped this.
  10. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Ditto. If you make a good chicken sandwich, I don't really care much about your political views.

11. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Alvin Jones, the player who terrorized the USA in Trinidad, brother of former Seattle back Joevin Jones, is still playing in TnT for W Connection. Do I have to do Jordan's scouting for him.

12. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @*rey* forgets more about scouting in a day than Jordan could hope to learn in a lifetime.

13. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, yes you do.

14. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    naranjableeder and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  15. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston