2018 Preseason Thread

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by TheFalseNine, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to get the win. I'd rather have seen more players that get paid to score goals do that, but goals from set pieces and defenders has been FCD's schtick many times before.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure why everyone's saying only defenders scored when Hollingshead scored the first one and he was playing left wing. Was Castillo a defender when he was playing that position?

4. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    By the way, 3rdDegree and Dallas Morning News are proud to inform that Buzz "the original" Carrick is in his car, on his way to Tuson to cover FCD's three games. He will be the only Dallas media we're aware of on site to report back. If you've not been checking him out at 3rdDegree.net - he's the only reporter who has posted in-depth reports from each of the friendlies that took place in Frisco over the last two weeks. We're all very lucky to have someone doing this level of work. If you like FCD, Buzz is your dude.

EricSunRa, VivaIslamico, TxEx and 2 others repped this.
  5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. I missed his fine work while he was away.

6. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I've been curious about other preseason games, and find details very hard to come by. I'm super glad that 3rddegree is there to report on the goings on. Carter Baum and FC Dallas have also done an excellent job providing video streams when it seems like the initial decision was to not provide video.

7. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
  8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like everything about it except the camo. For some reason I've never been a camo fan. I'd prefer some solid old school wasabi with some red and / or white accents.

9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Predictions for the 2018 season?

I have absolutely no clue what to expect from this group. Are we the team that had the best record in MLS over 2015 thru the all-star break in 2017................or the team that collapsed over the second half of 2017.

I like all of the off-season signings. Nedyalkov looks like a big upgrade at left back to me. Physical tools plus lots of grit. Mosquera looks like a dynamic winger that can be an upgrade over Lamah. Ziegler looks to have solidified the CB spot, and may be more consistent than Walker. I really like that we've carved out roles for Cannon and Pomykal. Bench looks strong now with a mix of young and experienced.

Basically..........................this comes down to what we said last year. Is Mauro Diaz still Mauro Diaz? Does he stay healthy and impactful? If not, then we've got a big problem. If so, then we look like a contender.

Shrug. Clint Eastwood prediction. I'll split the difference. In between what we saw in 2015/2016 and 2nd half of 2017. 3rd in the West.

I