News: 2018 Other Teams Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by msilverstein47, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL - me too in reality - usually after I smart-ass talked my way into trouble in the first place
    It was pretty bad, I almost jumped onto twitter to bash it - did no-one tell him that at US soccer games they sing along and if you change the song to make it yours instead of sing it right, they can't do that.
    This is what singing the stupid thing everywhere as entertainment (it's paid for by someone besides each team) has created. But this wasn't just some pre-entertainment entertainment, it was a USA event. I hope he never works again and dies alone.
    Plus, if you are going to have a "singer" do our anthem, then a singer should do the Mexico anthem as well - it's rude to pull one country's anthem from a can but flourish the other country's anthem with a live "singer".
    And that stupid giant flag was obscene as well.

asitis repped this.
  2. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember when Marc Burch toiled for us, and posters trashed his play regularly. And yet here he was last night, seven years later and 34 years old still starting in MLS. Is it possible that many of us on these boards were wrong? (Answer: of course not.)

tallguy, Winoman and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    His wind up doesn't take as long as it once did.

4. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just found out (late I guess) that Fox lost bot CL and EL. That sucks great

5. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    This is the first I've heard of this. Do you know who has the US broadcast rights?

asitis

6. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turner has the rights now and is putting the majority of games on their new streaming service.

Eastern Bear and asitis repped this.
  7. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That sucks royally. Some of it is also on Univision Deportes - at lest for this season. Better than nothing but this is a total step backward.
    I am not really crazy about watching games on my pc, I'll watch Pisa but that's because I have no other choice.

8. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s terrible, the only EL final will be broadcast on television.

9. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    Just checked. TNT will broadcast Liverpool v PSG on Tues. and Real Madrid v Roma on Wed.
    I really don't want to purchase another streaming service.

asitis

benni... repped this.
  10. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    The CL round 1 was really short changed with one game rather than 2 broadcast simultaneously. Never thought I'd miss Fox. I don't get how they could win the rights to do so much less. Hopefully they'll ramp it up as the 2 competitions progress. For me the Champs, Euro, and now Nations cups are the A list of Soccer

11. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Yes, the new model where we only buy the networks we want seemed great at the beginning. Now I'm paying so much for all the individual networks combined that cord cutting is getting more expensive than cable. Probably a feature not a bug.

griffin1108 repped this.
  12. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    [
    Streaming in real time is a real pain particularly when there's so much really good soccer to see, keeping track of what's where, when is almost as tough as following all the space junk in orbit. If they have a robust on demand/pay for view I'd buy it. But when there's 8 matches Tuesday and another 8 Wednesday and they only broadcast 2, they should be bitch slapped.

13. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Moved about a year ago from the land of Cox Cable to the land of Xfinity. But now Xfinity doesn't have beINSports anymore, so no more La Liga or Ligue 1. Is beINSports still on Cox, or did they price themselves out?

14. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Univision Deportes has two games on thursdays. Not much but better than nothing.

15. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Still there in English 220 /1220 HD, and Spanish 230/1230 HD. Lots of tennis and Moto, La Liga, Segundo, Ligue 1 and Turkish League and seemingly less preview shows

16. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    CR7 nets a brace for Juve, leaves 4 sitters, and an extremely pedestrian attempt at a free kick worthy of a U-12 side. The Champs league match will be televised

17. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Ugly goal, Ibra...

18. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    You see that move half a dozen times at the Annual Rockettes Charity Soccer Match. Magfookinificent coordination, I'd hate for the guy to want to put an ass kicking on me

19. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Anyone see the Orlando/Chicago match on FS1? What a shitshow. The two announcers were hysterical. First, they trashed the Chicago management for pissing off the fans and long term season ticket holders. Then they noted that Chicago hadn't done anything in the offseason to shore up depth on the squad. Then they noted that Orlando was the first expansion team since 2005 to not qualify for the playoffs in their first four years of existence. Then trashed Kreis for putting together a squad that didn't work. This was followed by the "Orlando lockerroom is a dumpster fire" commentary with the piece de resistance being a long discussion of the merits of pro/rel in MLS. One of the announcers actually said on the air, "my producer sent me a text saying to stop talking about pro/rel." Absolutely ********ing priceless.

20. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Yes, that was great.

21. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I finally hit mute when he started going pro/rel.

onefineesq repped this.
  22. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn't see the match so I will not comment, remains the fact that a few teams have absolutely nothing to play for with 2~3 months (or more) to go, in the regular season. Among which this year both Orlando and Chicago, not to mention Colorado and San Jose. They don't even play for dignity anymore, they look like us in 2013.

23. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ibra had a discussion with M. Bradley during the game. At the end, during an interview he said "I have more goals scored than him games played". Which is not true because the total says 500 goals Ibra / 516 games played Bradley, but it's funny anyway and gets close enough.

24. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  25. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at my dermatologist today and got into an interesting conversation about soccer with the attending NP She was extremely knowledgeable, especially about the women's game. It turns out she is Mia Hamm's first cousin.

fatbastard and Winoman repped this.