2018 NBA Offseason Threaed

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by onefineesq, Jul 27, 2018.

1. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not see a thread started, and we are obviously deep into the offseason. What finally motivated me to open one? Well, have you guys heard/seen what Carmelo Anthony said about accepting a reduced role/coming off the bench? Yikes! I just want to say a big "screw you!" to Phil Jackson for presiding over the Knicks team that signed this guy to an extension in July of 2014, rather than trading him at the deadline in February … which relegated my squad to another 3 years of suffering. Anyway, from Carmelo's mouth:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/w...snt-going-come-bench-yet-when-i-feel-im-ready

“I know how to play this game of basketball,” he said. “I’ve been playing it for a long time. When I feel like I’m ready to take that role, then I’ll take that role. Only I know when it’s best for me to take that role. I’m not going to do that in a situation where I still know my capabilities and what I can do.

And at the end of the day, the people who really matter know my capabilities and what I can still do. You start getting to the media and debates, it’s going to always be kind of back-and-forth.”

Wow. Just wow. Anyway, we've already missed the LeBron signing, the Cousins signing, the George signing and more. But better late than never, right?

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After much question about Clint Capela's future, he apparently re-signed with the Rockets ... 5 years and $90M. Good deal for them. Would have been a disaster for the Rockets to lose him and his rim-protection.