2018 K-League Classic [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by GoYoungrokba, Dec 31, 2017.

1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Cho Hyun Woo

2. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    he should stay at Daegu FC, just as David de Gea hasn't moved to Real Madrid yet

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good to see Kim Min-jae continuously improving, yet I'm still questioning why Jang Hyun-soo is still relevant to the national team.

Hodori and killaorca repped this.
  4. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Yesterday he was a rock.

chook90 repped this.
  5. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Min Jae is a bulldog and probably the most physical center defender we've had in awhile.

6. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree with Yoon Bo Sang signing with a top club in the K-League. He's by far the most underrated keeper in the Korean national pool.

chook90 repped this.
  7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yeah, I also think he's being underrated. IMO, we actually have a great GK pool on Asia level:

Cho Hyun Woo (Daegu), Yang Han Bin (Seoul), Yoon Bo Sang (Gwangju) and Kim Dong Jun (Seongnam) have been playing well since last season.
    U23 keepers like Lee Tae Hee (Incheon), Kang Hyeon Mu (Pohang) and Song Bum Keun (Jeonbuk) are good prospects as well, but need to be watched a little more (esp. SBK). That was just from the K-League.

We also have a few J-League keepers with KNT experience, like Kim Seung Gyu (V.Kobe), Gu Sung Yun (Hokkaido C.), Kim Jin Hyeon (C. Osaka), Jung Sung Ryong (Kawasaki F.) and Kwon Sun Tae (Kashima A.), but I've heard most of them are not in good form, except Jung.

However, I think Kim Seung Gyu, Cho Hyun Woo and one of Kim Jin Hyeon or Kim Dong Jun will get into the world cup squad (based on recent selections). I hope we have a new start after the WC.

toohyper repped this.
  8. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree that our goalkeepers are generally good. There is a reason why the J-League likes to have our goalkeepers over there.

However, I'm not as big of a fan for some of those other keepers you mentioned. I'm not a huge Yang Han Bin fan, nor do I like Song BK much.

Yoon Bo Sang won't even sniff this WC, but if he continues to progress and play well, I'm hoping he gets a look after WC 18. The guy is extremely reliable and competent in most aspects of goal-keeping.

9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #84 aeh1991, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Really? He's saving Seoul's arse week by week :p And Yoon Bo Sang and Kim Dong Jun are both playing in the second league, that's why I'd prefer Yang Han Bin over them. He's got good physical traits as well (1.95).

EDIT: Btw just found an interview where YBS stated that he'd had some offers from K-League teams, but opted to stay because of loyalty. He doesn't want to move anytime soon.

chook90 repped this.
  10. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Negative. Kwon was pretty competitive in this start of the season for the Antlers.

aeh1991 repped this.
  11. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

does Pohang always have this level of fan support in their home games or is this above or below avg?

12. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i think its b/c its early in the season and Ulsan is their rival.

nmssis and killaorca repped this.
  13. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    should keep the party going...

14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

So Seoul tied Incheon one-one. Incheon scored a late goal but it seems like they were the better team as they hit 2 crossbars and they seem to have been more dominant in the second half. Song Siwoo does it again by scoring a late goal. Seoul fans aren't happy about their manager and they want him sacked. Saw an instagram post that Dejan liked. It was a sign that said Hwang Sunhong out.

Gyeongnam beat Gangwon 3-1. Highly entertaining match it seems, a lot of actions. You guys should check out the highlight. The Gyeongnam's second goal did seems out of bound though. Very offensive style by both teams.

15. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Something suggests Dejan and HSH didn't like each other.

killaorca repped this.
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

This is a really big average but sadly there aren't that many clubs in K-league. Not enough investments to start pro teams, bad ROI etc...

17. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    way too many players per team (avg)

Ice cube and killaorca repped this.
  18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Personally I'll say 30 max per team would be pretty good, and then allocate the rest of the players to new teams.

chook90 repped this.
  19. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I want max 26 players per team (first team), and max 29 players for teams that participate in ACL.

How about incentivizing reserve teams and allowing each club to flexibly call-up reserve side players into their first team (to replace injured players, etc.)? I don't know the current league policy regarding this.

20. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seoul looked completely average, watched from end of first half and they did next to nothing of note before and after the goals. Heard quite a few boos at full-time lol.

killaorca repped this.
  21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    They have a pretty average squad...

Ice cube repped this.
  22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    If I was the K-league I'll do 30 players max but 5 of them can be reserve players. They can give pro contracts to 5 players that are playing in lower leagues (I'll put the reserve teams in lower divisions; 3rd division or lower).
    Then I'll increase the foreign quota to max 8. Obviously not all teams will have 8 foreign players.
    By doing so I'm sure we can create at least 6 more pro teams. Then add in 4 more teams from the N-league and we can have 16 teams in K-league 1 and 16 teams in K-league 2.

chook90 repped this.
  23. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    In regards to foreign players, would you impose matchday squad and/or on-pitch XI restrictions? Or would you allow manager's discretion on how to utilize their foreign players?

EDIT: What about GK?

24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    No imposion, yes foreign gk.

chook90 repped this.
  25. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    #100 killaorca, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Man this Jeonnam's GK is having the game of his life. Incheon just can't get the ball in.
    Man what a game 2-2. Incheon very unlucky to not win this. They finally score a deserved goal in ET, but in the last second Jeonnam scores again.
    Seriously both teams played well. Compared to last season K-league, it finally feels like proper football. Last year, omg it was an eye sore.
    Also Kim Jinya is pretty good, he should play more.

Ice cube repped this.