2018 K-League Classic [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by GoYoungrokba, Dec 31, 2017.

1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Jeonbuk lost because of the bad tactics and formation (Hwang Byeong Geun starting, no CDMs, too offensive). The blame goes to CKH.
    Also, Song Bum Keun as no1 GK confirmed lol.

jessypjs repped this.
  2. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #CKHOUT

3. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That was some terrible defensive communication and goalkeeping from Hwang Byung-geun on Incheon's winning goal. :laugh:

4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #54 toohyper, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    That Jeonbuk GK, Hwang, was absolutely atrocious. Not sure who he is, but he doesn't have what it takes to be a keeper at this level. At least not right now.

That Incheon foreigner, #19 (?), black right winger. Never heard of this kid before but he was absolutely wrecking havoc out there.

jessypjs repped this.
  5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Watched the highlight, Jeonbuk GK sucked so much lol.
    But I still have to give blames to both HJH and KMJ as well.
    First goal KMJ should have done better.
    Second goal, HJH should have marked his man better and KMJ should have been more aware of that player even though it wasn't his responsibility to mark.
    Third goal HJH should have communicated with the GK.

Pretty impressed by Incheon's gk from what I've seen. He can play in the Asian Games so maybe he should be selected.

6. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That gk from Incheon will go to Japan in the next 2 years. You heard it first from me

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    lol he was impressive for u23 player, that's what I meant.

8. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The GK is Lee Taehee, a player from Incheon's youth academy. His path to the first team was first set after we somehow convinced Seoul to take Yoo Hyun off our hands.

9. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kang Hyun-moo had a great game today. PK save and a couple of other blocks to prevent Jeonnam from equalizing.

Also, Kim Seung-dae has been good as well. Starting to look like the pre-CSL Kim Seung-dae again.

chook90 repped this.
  10. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    If FC Seoul's #9 can play in the k 1, so can i.

11. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So many chances gone to waste today. Good build up plays, but no end product.

At least Yang Han-bin was good today.

12. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am watching all the extended highlights on SPOTV youtube's channel and I have to say that at EVERY fu.ckin match there are enormous defensive mistakes. It discourages me from watching full matches. It's not as if I realized only now that K-League defenses suck but don't know why it irritates me a lot right now. How can KNT's defense can be competitive with such defenders ? :unsure:

toohyper repped this.
  13. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah thats my biggest gripe with the K-League. Defenses always been sloppy while midfielders are generally pretty solid.

Pros: midfielders, goalkeepers (generally, maybe not this year so far).

Cons: central defenders, fullbacks. And referees.

jessypjs repped this.
  14. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah referees as well obviously :thumbsup:
    But K-League has produced many talented midfielders so far.

15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Personally I find the midfield to be super frustrating because they have a hard time transitioning the ball from the center to offense. It's like a huge pong game in the middle of the field.

aeh1991 and jessypjs repped this.
  16. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not so sure about that. I think it's more with the tactics being ridiculous and lack of real offense threats.

jessypjs repped this.
  17. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Few more thoughts:

-Is it me but the last couple of years, there has been an increase in outside the box long range goals? I feel like I have seen more of this in the K-League the last couple of years. It's that Son Heung-Min effect.

-Sangju's manager, Kim Tae-Whan. He's an underrated manager when it comes to tactics and playing efficient football. Would like to see what he can do as a "real" manager, as in having an influence on the type of players he brings in and true development.

-Very early in the season, but the none of the top dawgs are impressing me. Suwon, FC Seoul, and Jeonbuk. Jeonbuk will be fine tho and should win the league again but they are definitely not in sync right now. Also GK will be an issue with them. Suwon is going to miss Jonathan, and we will see if Dejan at age 37 can carry the attack for them. FC Seoul is going to miss Dejan and Osmar, and I can see them struggling throughout the season. I think Ulsan will be Ulsan and finish 4th.

-Gyeonnam looked really good so far in their first two games in the Classic (goddammit it's Classic to me). Hoping they can do well this season. Marcao is going to be a top 3 striker if he stays healthy.

-Predicting it now. Jung Jo Gook will have a great season, like he did in his only year in Gwangju.

-I'm also expecting Seo Myung Won to step it up this season and show all 5 of the K-League supporters why he was considered a good prospect once upon a time.

18. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    It depends on what we as fans want in a product. Are we looking for entertainment or analyzing the game like a scout. I personally find lots of goals more appealing as a viewer, which will almost automatically assume some defensive errors such as positioning. I don't necessarily want to see misplaced passes per say, but things like subtle positioning errors or end to end gameplay are fine.

The only reason it would seem the defense is worse is because we are comparing them to other leagues/products elsewhere. If we only saw these games how would anyone know what is good/bad defense for example. We would just assume this is the standard/norm.

19. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is the K-League website only streaming one match per week?

20. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Well I thought Lee Taehee played pretty well.

Even though it was 0-0, it was seems to been an entertaining game. A lot of open plays, and players showing their technical skills.

22. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    i doubt the k league website won't show Jeonbuk vs FC Seoul tomorrow, if they do, then they are dumb.

chook90 repped this.
  23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Both GK played well.

chook90 repped this.
  24. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This was a good goal.

974911193734197248 is not a valid tweet id

Gyeongnam hasn't had a good foreign player since Caique back in 2012 (Cabore and Indio as well). Caique was a joy to watch back then. His form dropped drastically after he left to Ulsan and then to China. They should really do there best to hold onto Marcao.

chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  25. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jeonbuk should loan Song Bum Keun to a mid-low table K-league side and sign Yoon Bo Sang of Gwangju FC