2018 FSU

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Tom81, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Yes!

2. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Alumni game in the books. Disappointing return of Alumni as only Hikaru was there. Ended up being her with a men's club team. Game ended 4-5 men, although the guys could have finished off a few more goals but decided to pull up instead on some 1v1s. Nat, McFarland, and Connolly not there. Team played a lot of long ball. Player from China and player from IN were impressive and should be starters. Yujie took great PK, corners. IN girl hustles and has great ball skills. Team obviously still looking for lineups as many player were moved positions each period.

3. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wonder where McFarland was? MC is in Ireland, Nat maybe overseas too. About the alumni, how many actually live in Tallahassee? The pros are also in preseason camp. Is this Alumni game new? Thanks for the additional info Got Jukes

4. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Was Jaelin Howell there?

5. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Glad to hear about Yujie and Kristina.
    Kristina's HS highlights exhibited great ball skills.

6. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She hasnt graduated high school yet. But she did sign on the dotted line recently.

7. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    She's is not expected until the Fall

8. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    McFarland was at a family event. Alumni game not new, but is at a bad time as any pros are in their own camp. More for players who are not pro but, again, not many live in Tally.

9. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Looking forward to next season, but UCLA and Stanford are loaded again.
    Stanford not only gets the best domestics, but the over the top difference for them this past season was the Brazilian forward who is very fast and skilled.

10. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Stanford has the #1 class in 2018 (for basically the 5th year running.) (UCLA would have been #1 in 2016, but Mallory Pugh went pro and Stanford sneaked by with the #1 class once again.)

By my evaluations, they have signed the #1,#4,#17 and the #26 ranked recruits plus they have two other strong recruits one with national youth team experience in both the USA and Brazil. (FSU has my #1 recruit in Jaelin Howell.)

Cheers!

11. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Whoops, I meant Stanford with #2, #4, #17, & #26.....

It's pretty much a tie for #1 between Sophia Smith and good buddy and long time club teammate Jaelin Howell. But I think that Jaelin has come on a bit stronger in the last 3 or 4 months showing more ongoing development heading into her college career.

sweepsit repped this.
  12. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Thanks for the input! I know you follow this very closelyAnd know your stuff :)

13. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    But who, may I add, could not score on our keeper in an almost massive upset in the NCAA Tourney!!! And on their own home turf! If we only had an offense that worked together and a consistant defense, last year could have been a different story. But alas, the story of every team...lol
    Point being, Macario is stoppable(barely)!

14. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could you expound on that please?

15. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Nice!
    What was the result of the scrimmage?
    How did any newbies look?
    Any returners who looked much better?

17. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    FSU won 4-3
    The two newbies were fantastic.....both add so much to the offense. Were not fazed by playing pros...player from IN challenged every defender and the keeper entire time she was in! Caused havic to their defense.
    McFarland finally back!!! she was on fire...only played 2nd period. She lit up the 2nd period!

18. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Thanks! Very encouraging news :)

19. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who played where?

20. Germans4Allies4

Jan 9, 2010
    These are great games for college teams but NWSL teams approach them so differently. Some play the trialists a lot and others play regulars more. Also, most internationals gone for NWSL teams with all the events going on. But, a neat experience for the college kids.

21. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe most of us are well aware of this, if the Pride were full strength this would be a slaughter. But, remember, FSU wasn't full strength either :p

22. Germans4Allies4

Jan 9, 2010
    I wasn't taking a shot at college teams. Of course they're missing players too due to graduation, injuries and freshmen not arrived. The games are what they are and serve a purpose for both teams. Results are irrelevant.

23. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    A soccer thread on Warchant has a poster who follows closely and takes pictures.
    Like Jukes he/she too was impressed with the 2 new girls and McFarland.
    Like I said over there, if Jaelin Howell is as good as advertised, our midfield should be much stronger this year. I wouldn't put it past Mark to switch up either Madril or McFarland to the midfield. Either would make a killer holding midfielder.
    Oh well, things to look forward to.
    I suspect we'll have more viable and dangerous options up top this year.

24. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Backline was Gabby....Olivia.....Emily....Anna. ( obviously Nat will take a CB spot)
    Mids were.... Mac.....Dayna..... Jujie. ( Jalin expected to be holding mid- Mac to the bench?)
    top was ...Gloriana..Kristina.....Dallas - Mc Farland will become starter
    Keeper......Brook (hope she stays healthy as there is no backup.... CJ still not practicing

Ben.D and Crazyhorse repped this.
  25. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you Got Jukes. I have never be overly impressed with ME or OB. What is wrong with Jeffers?