2018 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group B

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, Apr 12, 2016.

1. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Majoosi is associate with Magi (old Mithraism clergy specially among Medes who are current day "Kurds and Iranian Azerbaijanis"- Magic also comes from this) they were prior Zoroastrianism. Mogh term was later adopted by Zoroastrian clergy family. (now they are called Mobed).

Arab belief about Zoroastrians being fire worshipers is funny and stupid. :) Using this word as an insult is more absurd. It is like calling you a gentleman and you get upset.

General info: Zoroastrians only pray in direction of light be it sun, fire, or lamp because they believe Ahura Mazda (god) is the source of all lights not a sun god or fire god. Zoroastrians have only one god.

Mussab86 repped this.
  2. William McRashid

Jan 22, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I knew about the cultural background but thanks for additional informations.
    What interested me was why some Arab use this and toward who especially ? Because ajam is quite frequent as you could see in this forum, but Majoosi and Rafidi (based on the context, and who uses this for what purposes) have another reason to be used and I wanted to know more about it.

Mussab86 repped this.
  3. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I like to know Arab perspective about this as well. My guess is Arabs use these words in following context
    Majoosi -> racial slur, fire worshiper, stupid, backward
    Ajami -> illiterate, slow, having low IQ, intellectually challenged. (Persians compensate for nearly 70% of Islamic intellectuals/scholars during the golden age of Islam, so it is an Irony. There was even a Hadis (Mohammed saying) about Iranians "Persians will obtain knowlegde even if they should go as far as China")
    Rafidi -> lost (fallen from the grace), heretics, usually refers to Shia Muslims by Sunni fanatics

Mussab86 repped this.
  4. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Well I guess this isnt the place to discuss this.

Suren01 repped this.
  5. pomkiatisuk

pomkiatisuk Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Hey friend Could You remember me ? We are friend this forums bigsoccer a long time about 8 years How are You?

6. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    No I dont remember you. Sorry.
    Good and you ?

7. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Karbalaa Stadium's latest pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shame we cant play in it :(

Nurafshon repped this.
  8. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You are my friend Pomkiatisuk! Young team Thailand World cup 2018 bound!

Mussab86 and Zandi360 repped this.
  9. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Mussab86 repped this.
  10. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  11. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    You can have him haha
    Just kidding welcome old friend Pom [emoji38]

12. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nice Stadium. It will help promote football in Iraq after ISIL's dismissal.

13. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    WTF !!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

14. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #114 +PL+, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    [pg]AFC aka Persian Gulf "Arab Football Confederation" knelt down to KSA's demands. Another classic case. Tomorrow if KSA forces its citizens to not travel to Japan, Japanese NT team should give up its home advantages... Brilliant resolution by AFC.:D

I prefer KFC more than AFC. At least they cook well and fill my stomach.:)

Imagine AFC forces S.Koreans and Japanese NT teams to play in North Korea but KSA says we don't like to play in Iran and it turns out as a rule for all Asian football teams to follow?!

William McRashid and Zandi360 repped this.
  15. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Hopefully we will teach those corrupt thugs a lesson. This is unacceptable! :mad:

16. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    The Fifa part might be something afc made up to deter Iraq from going further with the case. If anything Fifa should be suspending Saudi Arabia for clear government interference. If Iraq takes this to CAS they'd probably win.

Mussab86 repped this.
  17. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #117 +PL+, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    This is really ridiculous. Saudi Arabia banned its citizens to travel to Iran and Iranian clubs asked for Lebanon to be their host and Saudis didn't accept, AFC followed the command of Saudi King and asked Iran select another venue. Not that I am a fond of Lebanon, but what was the reason for canceling the club matches there? It is obvious Saudis want to take any home advantage from Iranian clubs in ACL.

AFC needs to be more clear about this matter. They should ask clearly from Saudi King in which countries Saudi team would like to play before any competition, so other countries won't be confused in selecting wrong home venue. A list of preferred Saudi venues should be emailed to rest of Asian football associations.

So far Saudis refused to play in Timor, Palestine, Iran, and Thailand while Iran should travel to a great footballing nation of Guam while half of the team didn't receive visa. South Korea and Japan should play in Pyongyang under extreme hostile environment. What sort of special treatment is this? Asian football associations should over think about choosing a person from Persian Gulf nations as director of AFC seriously. Notorious Qatari Bin Hammam and now this Bahraini Sheikh Salman are two sides of the same coin.

Please choose someone with some dignity from strong footballing nations who knows and appreciates football well . A person from Japan, South Korea, Australia, Uzbekistan, Jordan, Iran, China, or Thailand should do the work. Break the favoritism and negative coalition which holds back Asian football from developing. Dispel the anti-football and cheating. Bring back the fair game and prevent the politics from interfering in football.

William McRashid and Mussab86 repped this.
  18. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    ******** Saudi Arabia, and ******** FIFA. Corrupt pieces of shit. Why don't we propose to play in Iraq? The Shia's will give them a good hostile crowd. Its about time we played there, I'm getting sick of every ********ing day watching empty stadiums with no atmosphere at all.

19. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Play them in Australia. You will have a good support base (and we will get two home games against you :)).

20. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Its not only FIFA did not allow us to play in Iran against Saudis. FIFA reject Iran to be our home ground for all matches !!!
    See how strong the Saudis influence is. They asked us only to change the venue of our match against them but we refused then this letter came...

21. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I wish we could. According to the codes we can't choose a home ground of a team in our group. Jordan and Lebanon refused to host our matches for financial reasons. Our choices now limited to Gulf nations which thats what Saudis want.

22. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    We should ********ing leave from AFC. Iran always wanted to leave because of AFC corruptions. Now we tasted it.

KiarashM, Zandi360 and William McRashid repped this.
  23. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm just seeking clarification as I don't really know the politics involved. Is the ban on Saudi citizens travelling to Iran a ban imposed by Iran or is it a ban imposed by Saudi Arabia on its citizens. If the former, I understand the idea that prevents Iraq from playing in Iran, if the latter, then its a problem caused by Saudi Arabia and they shouldn't be interfering with where Iraq play their other home games. It should be that Iraq can play four games in Iran and the Saudi game somewhere else. If it was Iran drawn in the group then whoever placed the ban should just forfeit the game.

Mussab86 repped this.
  24. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I think Saudis banned their citizens to go to Iran

25. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Iran has no bans on travelling to Saudi Arabia. It is Saudi government that has banned Saudi citizens from travelling to Iran and most likely won't give visa to Iranians. Iraqi citizens should not have any problem receiving Saudi visa. Iran allows Saudi citizens to travel to Iran.

Mussab86 repped this.