2018 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group A

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yep I am getting this feeling as well. He is being populist sometimes and tries to circumvent though matches as much as possible. To be fare the match against Italy was not his mistake IFF refused to pay for that friendly. I think he tries to avoid criticism. His main support comes from public instead of IFF. Losing to a tough challenger makes his position weak and easier to get discarded. If you are familiar with IFF you know they also have this tendency to fire a coach over a meaningless friendly (just like our southern neighbors across Persian Gulf). Firing Tomislav Ivic prior to 1998 WC because of that match vs As Roma (7-1) is a clear example. The whole team was shocked after IFF fired Ivic. I remember, years later, Ali Daei and Azizi in an interview said it was a big mistake, apparently they didn't take that match so seriously.

2. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Korea hasn't conceded a goal in a full international in 13 months (10 games).

Kurdii110 repped this.
  3. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wants to keep the atmosphere in his favor and have excuses if he does not get the results. Not disagree with the bolded part but there are still some people in the public that are against him.

4. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will know in ninth day of the next month (May) who will be the new president of IFF. One of IFF members Abedini said that the race will be between Mehdi Taj and Mostafa Ajorlou. He said Azizollah Mohammadi has slightly lower chance. Shahram Dabiri , another IFF member said that he thinks Mehdi Taj has slightly higher chance than other two candidates. We will see. IMO Kafashian was the worst IFF president. The previous IFF presidents (Dariush Mostafavi, Safaei Farahi, and Mohammad Dadkan) were all better than him. The candidates do not impress me but I don't think they are at least worse than Kafashian.

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    There's no race. There's Taj and those 2 clowns. So naturally Taj is going to win. He's going to be slightly better than Kafashian, but I'm not sure if his federation is going to be any better.

At the end of the day it all boils down to money, and whether he has the balls to clash against Seda & Sima and get his fair share. From what I've seen from him over the years, he's definitely not a pathetic "Yes sir" beta like Kafashian but he's not exactly a maverick either. Looks and acts like your average joe salary man.

AIL1998 repped this.
  6. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Australia is playing three friendly matches in June. So their schedule for June is full.

I know Australia federation asked IFF for a friendly match between Australia and Iran in Australia before last Asian cup but IFF could not accept it because they wanted to play the game only 4 days after our friendly game against Korea which was not a good time. We had only 4 days after our friendly against Korea and had to deal with long travel. Anyway I welcome a friendly match against Australia for near future.

گالوپ: ایران پیشنهاد بازی دوستانه با استرالیا را نپذیرفت

خبرگزاری تسنیم: مدیر اجرایی اتحادیه فوتبال استرالیا تأکید کرد فدراسیون فوتبال ایران پیشنهاد بازی با شاگردان پوستچ‌اوغلو را رد کرده است.

به گزارش خبرگزاری تسنیم، اتحادیه فوتبال استرالیا (FFA) که از حالا به فکر آماده‌سازی تیم ملی فوتبال این کشور برای جام جهانی 2018 روسیه است به دنبال انجام بازی‌های دوستانه‌ با تیم‌های قدرتمند قاره آسیا از جمله ژاپن، چین و کره‌جنوبی در شهر پرث واقع در ایالت استرالیای غربی است.

دیوید گالوپ، مدیر اجرایی اتحادیه فوتبال استرالیا با اشاره به اینکه این اتحادیه حتی تا آستانه نهایی کردن دیدار دوستانه با ایران پیش رفته بود، گفت: تیم ملی استرالیا خیلی وقت است که در شهر پرث بازی نکرده برای همین به فکر انجام بازی در اینجا هستیم. در ماه نوامبر می‌توانستیم در ورزشگاه پرث یک بازی دوستانه با تیم ملی ایران برگزار کنیم ولی آنها در آخرین لحظه پیشنهاد ما برای انجام این بازی را رد کردند. اطمینان دارم می‌توانیم در آینده‌ای نزدیک با رقیبی خوب در پرث بازی کنیم.

Peter Hore is without any doubt our favorite Australian :)

7. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Iran is highly overrated. They struggled against amateur Turkmenistan and Oman.
    Seriously , Saudi now is a class above Iran. I mean come on, look at Iran's main players, it's mainly the same players who play in Sepahan who got schooled by a mid-level Saudi club Al Ittihad who don't have a single player in the Saudi Arabian national team right now. Iran's best of best players are playing in mid-level Qatarian teams, whose NT lost to mid Uzbekistan 5:1. :D

Uzbekistan2006 and Diego Aguirre repped this.
  8. Uzbekistan2006

Jan 4, 2005
    Khorezm, Uzbekistan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

9. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    be ready Nurafshon, Iranian posters are coming...:D

Parisian75, Nurafshon and Uzbekistan2006 repped this.
  10. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    You've officially hit troll status. There wasnt even a single national team player in sepahan today lol...

11. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What on earth are you talking about? Sepahan is a relegation zone team in Iran now. They don't have a single player in Iran NT squad, not even a reserve player. They do however have a Uzbekistan national team player who is on their bench most of the time. :laugh:

12. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Ghafouri, Karimi?

Nurafshon repped this.
  13. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Ghafouri didn't play. Karimi isn't part of the national team.

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ghafouri is out of Sepahan's regular squad for months now, he is injured. Karimi hasn't been called up the national team for sometime now. He played for the u-23 side.

15. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Actually there was more Uzbek national team players in sepahan today than Iranian national team :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mani repped this.
  16. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ittihad has 5 players in Saudi Arabia national team lol. However most of their NT is from Al Nassr and Al Hilal who were thrashed by Iranian teams that have no Iran NT players :D

17. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Let them consolidate their full hypothesis, I will be back on Friday.:ROFLMAO:

Diego Aguirre repped this.
  18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Tractor and Zob Ahan don't have any regular national players either and they've both won their ACL groups with a match to spare. That my Uzbek friends, is called "depth", the deep depth of Iranian football and why our players will get to qualify for our fifth World Cup and your players will get to watch the World Cup in their living rooms, on the TV, as usual. :D

19. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    good idea to start brawl and to leave it first:ROFLMAO:

Nurafshon repped this.
  20. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Iranian football is so deep as Mariana trench

Uzbekistan2006 and Nurafshon repped this.
  21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Mehrdad Oladi who was part of Team Melli squad 3 years ago when we defeated Korea and qualified to the World Cup, has passed away due to some heart problems he had been struggling with for a few years. He was a very talented forward who was even signed by a La Liga team, but couldn't go there due to military service commitments he had. RIP, hopefully we qualify in style for Mehrdad Oladi and Hadi Nourozi, two of our players from the last WCQ campaign who have unfortunately passed away since.

image.jpeg

William McRashid repped this.
  22. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Then Uzbek football is even deeper in a Babayan black hole (in space)! ;)

23. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    have you seen Babayan black hole?)

24. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just heard about it. lol, didn't you see the "L".

[​IMG]

25. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Black hole is just a theory of an atheist, it is like the statements of some Iranian huge football experts who were saying they would destroy Uzbekistan in last WQ, (which they are repeating now). But the reality was: begmuratov_zoloto.jpg :thumbsup:

Diego Aguirre and olimpialv repped this.