2018 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Uruguay

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by toad455, Mar 21, 2016.

1. soccerinparadise

Dec 18, 2009
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Has anyone seen or heard any info on U.S. television broadcast? I believe Fox Sports broadcast the last U17 WWC from PNG. Hope that repeats -- at least need to see USA matches to highlight our local Hawai'i player, Sunshine Fontes, leading scorer for USA AT U17 level. 19 goals I believe currently, with age group record being 20.

2. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Unfortunately there will be more and more artificial turf tournaments. The turf is NOT even close to being as good a "real" grass but it is a LOT cheaper to maintain turf to an acceptable level for a season and a tournament. The turf decision is all about money and that will always fall to turf in most situations.

It would not surprise me to see a full men's WC played on turf before 2050 and we have already seen WWC's at all levels on turf. It is just the trend and has little to do with quality of play.

It would be well to remember the truly horrible fields we have seen for many qualifiers and be thankful that, so far, those truly horrible fields have not made it to any WC stage that I remember but there have been several youth tournaments that have had fields that were pretty bad.

While in most things I am pretty much a traditionalist if the only way to avoid bad natural dirt fields is to have turf I favor turf. I do not think my, or any other fan's, feelings matter much to the FIFA insiders but ,if I were to vote, I would vote in favor of real grass and well maintained fields for all international tournaments. But that is not going to happen because of the first and foremost reason I stated, money.

blissett repped this.
  3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And the FIFA's inertia and lack of balls to force countries to have final tournaments on grass.

blissett repped this.
  4. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #54 Lechus7, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018

Another potential stadium visited...o_O

5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  6. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Looking a bit better now (below)...but work around stadium isn't done yet

blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Group C looks like the Group of Death.

Group A (as it always happens with the hosts) looks like the Group of Cakewalk. :rolleyes:

jagum and Lechus7 repped this.
  8. jagum

jagum Member

CF Montreal
    Venezuela
    Jun 20, 2007
    Panama City, Panama
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    The Americans have not had much luck in the last draws of the Youth Women World Cups. Will they overcome this curse of the first round? :rolleyes:

blissett repped this.
  9. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Fox Sports will be broadcasting the U-17 WWC.
    They mentioned at the end of the U-20 Final that they will be covering it.
    That doesn't confirm they will be broadcasting all 32 matches, as they didn't say.
    Hopefully they will.

10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am not sure it looks like grass actually more like 3G/4G?

12. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yeah, but tbh better this attrificial grass that is at least even than poor quality natural field with number of holes in it...I guess

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Squads are coming through :

jnielsen repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, how many Italian-Americans I see in the US team; some of the names give away an obvious Italian descent: Michela Agresti, Isabella d'Aquila, Talia Dellaperuta...

15. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    The USWNT has a pretty good Rooster here.
    Let's see if they can play well "together".
    What will their tactics be? Will their coaching be poor at the youth level again?

16. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I can't say I know much about these players, but I hope this team will be as successful as all our youth teams use to be. :giggle:

Airox repped this.
  18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  22. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG] Ghana's squad and preparations:

- ghanafa.org/black-maidens-arrive-in-brazil-for-pre-world-cup-training-tour (Archived)

Grace Banwa, Diana Antwi, Millot Abena Pokuaa, Justice Tweneboah, Elizabeth Oppong, Jacqueline Owusu, Suzzy Dede Teye, Mukarama Abdulai, Elshadai Acheampong, Fuseina Mumuni, Abigail Tutuwaa, Nina Norshie, Azumah Bugre, Mavis Owusu, Selina Kurug, Cynthia K. Findiib, Tedina Sekyere, Faustina Aidoo, Grace Anima, Basira Alhassan, Barikisu Issahaku - (Ghana FA)

23. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG] Cameroon:

- jwsports1.com/u-17-womens-world-cup-cameroon-name-23-player-squad (Archived)

Squad: Marina Ngo, Chrismiliienne Onomo, Farelle Karis, Florence Fanta, Fabiola Maffo, Natacha Elam, Nina Nke, Henriette Monkam, Michelle Moumazim, Moussa Zouairatou, Claudia Voulania, Viviane Mefire, Diane Sindje, Elyse Ndopme, Aretouyap Fatimatou, Marie Nga, Thienny Nkoumou, Jennifer Aboudi, Alice Kameni, Erika Tabe, Renette Abega, Xaverie Tsogo, Vanessa Kalieu

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am excited, it's really coming! :)

Although, not all of the matches will happen at a comfortable time to view them from Europe... :unsure: Those in the Uruguayan evening would basically need no sleep. The afternoon ones (early evening where I am), though, should be watchable! :)