2018 and 2022 - Rate the bids

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by comme, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I suppose they're not important in the sense that I don't care who wins most times, but they are important in the sense that they give me some very high quality football to watch.

2. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Why not...?? Fifa (read Blatter and his criminal cronies) seems to want to continually decrease the European contingent while giving more places to Asia, Africa, whoever....so you then get results like Germany 7-0 Saudi Arabia....(2002)....and this the same Germany who got absolutley f'in murdered at home by England 6 months earlier...(that was a crap German team....and before you remind me they got to the final that year check out the total non-entities they played on the way)

Put me in charge of UEFA and I'm telling Blatter, Warner et al to go fcuk themselves....I'm then cancelling the "world cup"....inviting Argentina and Brazil to the "European Champioships"....(cept I'm calling it the Real World Cup)....and having Blatter/Warner try to sell New Zealand vs North Korea to anyone....(outside of New Zealand and North Korea)

3. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    That would show how much love for the game you have, oh and the morality you have. Europeans are the big brothers of world football, being so they should not even consider that, but help out the smaller football regions. I guess I'm just too ideological, and hoping that Honduras gets a chance once in a blue moon to play a world elite is so wrong. :rolleyes:

Uefa has the power as far am I'm concerned, but just because you can do something, it does not mean you should.

4. whitecloud

whitecloud Member+

Jan 25, 2009
    Gulf Shores, AL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saudi Arabia vs. Morocco, attendance 76,000 at the 1994 World Cup. In 94 neither England or France qualified. Yet, it was the highest attended World Cup ever. We can do without Europe just fine thank you.

5. AussieDynamo

AussieDynamo New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    As I've said before there's more money in Asia than there is in Europe. Most governments in Europe are debt stricken by now. The British are certainly trying to make Obama look good.

That's why UEFA won't split, they won't get governmental help, the AFC nations do. Wonder why North Korea are suddenly capable of qualifying?

6. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

who is "we".....

7. whitecloud

whitecloud Member+

Jan 25, 2009
    Gulf Shores, AL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rest of the world. 6 billion strong and counting.

8. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Good luck with that.

9. Sardukar

Sardukar Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Sydney
    I find the ignorance over asian football pretty disgusting. We all know its not as good as euro or south america, but its improving very fast and has the most potential of any region.

10. Hansadyret

Hansadyret Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Bergen, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    The world cup is allso the biggest championship for most europeans. UEFA will never pull out, don't worry. It would be a public relations disaster and only hurt international football. Other team sports would kill to have something simliar to the world cup to promote their sport.
    One of the charms is when smaller football nations get their chance to compete on the big stage.

11. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    ....and until that fact changes don't hold your breath.....

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Again, why would Europeans feel the need to promote the sport? It couldn't be more popular than it already is in Europe!!! That's the point. We don't need the world cup as a pr tool.

13. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland