2018 AFC Champions League [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by ChaDuRi671, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    Jeonbuk is looking lovely so far in the AFCCL. I think if SBK keeps playing he could be the starting keeper for the WC.

2. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    The 6-3 victory was amazing, some breathtaking goals. Hopefully we see 5-6 Jeonbuk players in the starting lineup come June, gives us some hope.

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Song Beom-keun's not gonna start over Cho Hyun-woo.

4. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    Well our entire backline could be all Jeonbuk so it would make sense to go with the same GK they play with. I think KSG will start over both anyways.

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Team chemistry is one thing, but our Jeonbuk defenders don't really need Song Beom-keun at the post since Cho Hyun-woo has done a fine job thus far. Also, Kim Seung-gyu is a second string keeper, so he too won't start over Cho Hyun-woo.

6. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    the dude has 4 caps he can hardly be called a guaranteed starter.

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    His performance says otherwise. Jung Sung-ryong also had less caps than Lee Woon-jae but was our starting GK at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, not to mention that he was in form leading up to the tournament as well. Same with Lee Woon-jae starting over Kim Byung-ji in 2002, it's not always about the caps, but the performance.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  8. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    I understand and agree but that same sentiment/philosophy could be applied to SBK. At the U20 WC many opposing coaches/scouts raved about his ability and singled him out as our best player over others like LSW, PSH. He's also got broad shoulders and is built like a tank which I like in a GK. As he ages he'll fill his body out more and command the penalty area.

Cho seems a little scrawnier and I think the chemistry between the GK and backline is important. I'd paraphrase that I haven't seen or studied these players enough to form an absolute opinion. I'm going to say you've probably seen these guys more than me so if Cho is impressing then all the better for KNT.

9. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Mind you I don't really follow the J-League, but since catching a few matches last season, neither Kim Seung-gyu nor Kim Jin-hyeon were all that great, and it showed during international duty as well. And, while Cho Hyun-woo just began his international career not too long ago, performance wise he's currently the better of the former I've just mentioned.

Not trying to take away your point/view regarding Song Beom-keun, he's a promising young talent, but I feel that he'll be ready after the WC is over, I mean he's got the Asian games to look forward to.

aeh1991 repped this.
  10. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    No, I don't think SBK will make the World Cup squad. Apart from the keepers you have mentioned it's also Gu from Consadole, which I like and I think is a little bit underrated.

Ah, and I forgot Kwon from Kashima plus Kim Don-jun from Seongnam. 5 keepers in front of him...

Seol Korea, aeh1991 and batumchange2 repped this.
  11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Jeonbuk's defense...

jessypjs repped this.
  12. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Jeonbuk's backline is really their weak point. Conceded 3 against Incheon and 4 against Tianjin. I don't why people want Jeonbuk's backline to start at WC, seriously. It is not just a tactic organisation problem, Kim Jin-Su and Lee Jae-Seong were really crap today, they won't turn good if they wear a red shirt. And Song Beom-Keun :rolleyes: (What justify that this guy should be called up ?)

I want Kim Min-Jae to be called up but I say NO to Lee Jae-Seong. Lee Yong is just "meh" and Kim Jin-Su is lively and can cross the ball but excepted that... he is weak and so "unsteady" , I would prefer Kim Min-Woo. So Lee Yong and Kim Jin-Su should be substitutes at WC.

killaorca repped this.
  13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Did you see the match today? NO, he's not ready yet.

Seol Korea, Hodori and jessypjs repped this.
  14. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    You are talking about LJS the defender or the attacking midfielder? Because the defender is only a back-up solution...

15. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The defender... Okay I forgot about HJH, I am waiting to see what he shows before giving my opinion.

chook90 repped this.
  16. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    The formation with 3 at the back was not a good idea today, that' clearly... The synchronization between them was the problem...

17. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    HJH and KMJ should be the starter in a 2 (4) backline. Never a 3 (5)

18. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    It's hard to take S511 seriously at all...

19. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    the CB Lee Jae Sung?

20. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah;)

chook90 repped this.
  21. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    LOL, fair enough he was quite bad, this was his first real BIG game and he definitely made some big mistakes. Wasn't aggressive at all. Needs more experience. You guys are right for the time being, KSG or CHO for '18 WC.

aeh1991 repped this.
  22. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Jeju out (1-2 against Cerezo)
    Sounds like Lee Chang Min had a terrible game with plenty pass misses... STY might/should reconsider using him (better use someone like Son Jun Ho instead)...

Suwon 1-4 Sydney FC... ouch, just ouch

23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Song BK is playing really well today. 1-0 atm

LOL at Ulsan leading 3-0 at HT

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Interesting fact: 94 born Park Won Jae starts (not the other PWJ)

25. RiderX9

RiderX9 Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pretty funny to hear Park WonJae was injured and replaced with ParkWonJae (older).

chook90 and aeh1991 repped this.