2018 Absolutely NO Rapids stuff here!

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by COMtnGuy, Jan 19, 2018.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Blackburn. But I think they're largely a Championship club at this point. Without Jack Walker's money they can't play at the EPL level I'll be surprised if they make any sort of long stay int he EPL in the near future.

Even if they do, I'll follow them, but the Championship will still be the more entertaining league.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  2. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Anyone do ESPN+ ? I assume it works about the same as WatchESPN. I've had occasional glitches with that on my roku.

Bein is in a carriage dispute with Comcast and I still have cable. Not sure how much Serie A I'd watch but it's "only" $5/month. I used to watch a lot of Serie A in the Fox Soccer channel days but the league has lost some star power since then.

Looks like ESPN+ have the English 2nd division and the FA Cup as well.

jayd8888 repped this.
  3. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    People always say, "oh, the other Liverpool club."

MrPerfectNot repped this.
  4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do, its been solid once we tracked down a edge case Roku bug (got a free year for that one). They've got EFL, both English Cups, Serie A, the German and Spanish Cups, Dutch Eridivise, MLS, USL, Australian A-League, and the Chinese Super League. And that's just so far.

Sachsen and Totoro repped this.
  5. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Yeah, I'm planning on getting ESPN+ this European season. It is a bummer about BEIN, this reminds me I need to send a complaint email to COMCAST. I get the Latino sports package to get good games, but without BEIN I think I will drop it and just get ESPN+. I'd drop COMCAST, but my wife likes cable instead of streaming, and I like Altitude for the Rapids.

JasonMa repped this.
  6. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    It will be interesting to see if Martinez breaks the season goal scoring record this weekend. He's one short. Atlanta play Columbus on Sunday at 2, presumable an ESPN or Fox game. Shame if the attendance is poor because of the Columbus moving threat. I'd love it if he could slow down and not break till the Rapids game against them later in the month.

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Sports Yak, 22SteveD and Paranoid Coyote repped this.
  8. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you say that? Because you'd rather not know who the top 6 teams will be before the season starts like in EPL?

Sachsen, jayd8888 and JasonMa repped this.
  9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winner!

10. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I will clarify. Martinez from Atlanta is one short of tying the all time goal record - 27. Rapids have 3 games between now and the Atlanta game, presumable Atalnta have about the same. It would be fun to see the record broken here in Colorado, but, probably Martinez will have broken it already.

I don't believe the Rapids are going to make the play-offs so the result of the game is not important, but the record being broken would be something to see.

11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I understood what you said, I just don't understand how watching Martinez break the record by scoring against us is considered a good thing.

Sports Yak and 22SteveD repped this.
  12. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Wooden Spoon strain of Stockholm Syndrome?

AlbertCamus, fortcollins and jayd8888 repped this.
  13. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Enjoying some awesome SerieA coverage this morning. I have had no issues with ESPN+ on my Roku. Well one time I tried to watch a Rapids replay and the replay was blacked out which was strange. But other than that it’s worth it for me. Agreee on Championship > EPL.

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was it withing 48 hours of the game? The locally televised games aren't available until 48 hours (I think) after the game due to rights restrictions.

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to put a plug in here for Away Days Football out of Boston. They've got an offer on their site, $25 for a mystery kit from a (usually lower league) team somewhere in the world. A few Rapids fans have done it and gotten Celta Vigo, Rangers, Nottingham, etc. Just got my first order and its a Brentford FC kit. Easy, cheap (as kits go), good quality, worth dropping $25 for the fun of the random jersey.

http://www.awaydaysfootball.com/category/mystery-products

wormhole repped this.
  16. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    The replays are usually available within an hour. So maybe I experienced what the delay is actually supposed to be.

17. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder

If you attend:

- Be liberal wither sun screen application as there is no shade.

- Assume the match will start a bit later than 3:30 as there are 2 matches preceding.

- You may have to walk 5 minuets or so from where you park.

- $8 admission if you’re over 12.

18. wormhole

wormhole Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Westminster, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And make sure to cheer on CSU!

19. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Uh, no to the above. Although a former student of mine is a starter for the Rams I can't bring myself to support them in this match. In all their other matches, yes.

Oh, and of right now, sun screen may not be so important this afternoon in Boulder.

wormhole repped this.
  20. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    It's like when a guy on the away team is pitching a no-hitter, at some point you stop supporting your own team and just want to see something historic. With the Rapids that usually starts in about May.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  21. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    How'd it go? Couldn't make it, hopefully next time.

22. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Martinez only has to score 4 more goals to be tied with our all time leading goalscorer...and that will be in 2 seasons instead of the 6 it took Casey.

Emphasis on the "will". There isn't any reason to believe he won't score 4 more in the 9 remaining games.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  23. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made a Brentford match last season when I was in London for work. Well worth a visit if you get a chance.

JasonMa and Sports Yak repped this.
  24. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only down side to what I got is that they're in the same league as Blackburn. Until that changes I'm more likely to go see Blackburn play Brentford than to go to Brentford game against anyone else. ;)

25. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suburbs of London versus Lancashire? Might have to question your decision making on that one Jason!