2018/2019 Transfer Thread - I Have No Clever Title

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lazy Assed Assassin, May 22, 2018.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Spurs hopeful on Antony Martial

Hopefully third time’s the charm in finding credible back up for Harry.

It seems this might be the biggest rebuild project under Pochettino, I’m very interested to see what he can do having to reshape the team.

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Would be nice to see Harry paired with a proper #9, he would score fewer goals but pile up the assists. What about a Vardy-Kane partnership? They combined for 50 league goals - my mind's eye sees Kane threading through ball after through ball for Vardy to run onto and Vardy cutting back square ball after square ball for Harry to tap in...

3. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #3 adrenaline11, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Big news, Poch has signed a new 5-year contract after meeting with Daniel Levy. I am cautiously optimistic (is there any other kind for Spurs supporters?) that this is a signal of intent from the club. Nailing down Poch was the first requirement, now we'll see if he gets the backing to reshape the squad.

Colm, Phillyspur and Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  5. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Arguably the most important signing of the off season. If Poch went keeping the likes of Eriksen, Ali and possibly even Kane would have been that much more challenging. And as you say signing a new deal seems to indicate Levy and Poch are on the same page for what’s needed next season.

I didn’t think Spurs fans rose to even that level of optimism. I’d peg myself at cynically relived.

6. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Brilliant. Just waiting for the picture of Poch signing with his arm around his own shoulders.

7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    #7 Golara, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Hee, hee, I can remember watching a game on telly against Fulham when we were 3-1 up with 15 minutes to go. I can remember our ex-player Chris Waddle was doing the colour commentary and after we scored our 3rd (Younes Kaboul, remember him?) he said: "Should be game over, but it is Spurs..." Then Mrs. Golara came in to the room to ask me something. I told her to wait until after the game and she said: "But they're going to win, it's 3-1" and as soon as she had finished her utterance, Eriksen gave away a penalty. Needless to say, Mrs. Golara did not even wait for my glare to fall upon her before leaving the room. Amazingly Fulham missed the pen and we won 3-1.

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    We Spurs supporters are positively giddy after fnishing in the top 3 for 3 seasons running and above Kroenke FC for the last 2.

9. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Poch has been assured that he will be given a lot of money to spend on players. His new salary is reported to be £8.5m a year.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I am going to raise my 2 sons to be football managers. Big Sam got 9 million for 6 months at Everton.

11. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    [​IMG]

jumhed, soccernutter, Phillyspur and 5 others repped this.
  12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Shouldn't Daniel Levy be in that picture? Or maybe he doesn't want Joe Lewis to know - "You what? 42.5 million on a coach?"

mekarshalev repped this.
  13. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    All the more important with the news coming out of Madrid today.

14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hull City center half Michael Dawson has left the club on a free, and has already signed a two-year deal with his former club, effective July 1st.

Welcome back, Daws

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44309529

... to Forest.

15. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pook, Pook... he's never coming back, man. :(

jumhed and BalanceUT repped this.
  16. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe as an assistant coach some day

17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, the name is soccernutter. I believe! :D

18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amusing the chatter about Real and Poch. Can't imagine Levy will let him go without Real paying off the stadium.

BalanceUT repped this.
  19. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    edited for clarity.

just kidding 'nutter. there's a small part of me somewhere that genuinely envies your optimisim.

it also occurs to me that there's someone here who really, really disapproves of the 'fixed your post' thing. if it's you, 'nutter, feel free to utilize your mod powers to edit it back to the original. if it's someone else, please see fit to consider that the 'fixing' has been followed by a full acknowledgement of said action, and in no way seeks to alter the appearance of how soccernutter feels or communicates about THFC.

Thank you.

soccernutter repped this.
  20. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reported for mod abuse of power...oh, wait...;)

(I don't have a fyp issue when in good fun, and when sparsely used. I think that poster is @BalanceUT ).

21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Spanish outlet COPE (considered reliable) are reporting that Real have given up on their pursuit of Poch. The Spaniards thought that Poch's new contract had a release clause, but that is not the case. Their president, Florentino Pérez, doesn't fancy another round of excruciaiting negatiations with Daniel Levy with the club being in a strong position to tell Pérez to sod off.

This is one area where the stubborness of our chairman is an advantage. Ever since the Dimitar Berbatov stand-off, Manure have steered clear of poaching our players and hopefully this will make Real think twice.

The English media have now made Arsène Wenger the favourite for the job! Would be great if our old rival did us a favour by taking it. Come on Arsène...

22. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Watching the USA-Ireland match Saturday got me to wondering whether Carter-Vickers will ever be good enough. I have my doubts. Foyth is a lot better, I think.

23. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    a couple of the more reputable ITKs on SC were saying quite confidently yesterday that Pochettino was going nowhere. This from Hercules:

They started fishing before Poch committed to a new contract. He played the media well. He LOVES it here!!!

He wants to keep everyone on their toes. Apparently he learned that from Fergie. He has no interest in RM! He wants to create a dynasty. And he is being allowed to do so.

He is being BACKED!!!

Prior to that Hertyid said:

There is no chance of Poch leaving.

one never knows, of course; but I really haven't been particularly nervous about any of this. maybe it's just fatalism - if he goes, he goes - but I've not really worried that he will.

BalanceUT repped this.
  24. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    When it is RM, I get worried because they usually get what they want.

BalanceUT repped this.