2018/19 Transfer Rumours | Signings | Discussion

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 19, 2018.

1. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Bite your tongue.

2. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Inacio won the championship back in 99-00 with a squad of relatively less known players, maybe he can do it again

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nice! We just signed Carlos Eduardo ********ba who started a whole 7 times on the mighty FC Dunav Ruse!!!

edit:
    also lol at his last name apparently being a bad word

OndaVerde repped this.
  4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    upload_2018-6-15_18-57-45.jpeg

Carlos Eduardo Jatobá
    médio brasileiro, de 22 anos

5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Carlos Mané returning from a loan to Stuttgart will feel like a true transfer

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like Emiliano Viviano will be our goalkeeper for 2018/19. The Sampdoria #1 is set to join us for 3M euros. From what I've seen he's a good shot stopper, taller than Patricio and has 6 caps for Italy. Our new coach is also a factor in him coming. Perhaps we may see other Serie A players making their way to Sporting because of Mihajlovic.

We've also been linked with Adem Ljajic from Torino, if true that would be a great signing, but he must be pricey.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  8. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Good signing is Viviano, looking forward to seeing Mane back aswell

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Hopefully our loanees have matured and come back and do well for us, especially Francisco Geraldes and Matheus Pereira.

10. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    LMAO Jose Peseiro!?? Bring back the fascist!

Hopefully theres a low termination clause in the contract. Gonna be a loooooooong season folks.

11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Finishing 4th or 5th

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Jesus. Not sure what to say about that.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    OFFICIAL: Jose Peseiro is the coach for 2018/19. He signed a 1 year contract with an option to extend for another year.

Peseiro coached us between 2004 and 2006, where most notably he took us to the uefa cup final and 1st place in the league, where he lost both in the same week.

Most recently he had a short stint at Guimaraes and before that Braga, both being unsuccessful.

Not excited about this one. At least its a short contract and he is likely getting way less than JJ was. But the guy has not really been successful the last few years and that track record worries me.

14. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The term on this one makes me believe this is just a ‘fill the void with a recognizable name to save some face’ signing while the club situation is still in limbo.

Not my ideal choice but who else is gonna come here in this state?

Once things get resolved and a new president comes in and has time to evaluate everything and settled, I’d imagine we’ll be looking else where

15. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    *back to reality*

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lets hope he can at least help some of the high potential players like Geraldes, Matheus and even guys like Wendel who didn't have a chance last year to mature.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Bruno Fernandes spoke about his future today, saying that "Sporting knows my intentions. My intentions are for myself and Sporting to be on good terms." When asked if staying at Sporting is possible, he said "Of course its possible. If both parties agree, of course its possible." When asked about Benfica's alleged interest, he said ironically: "Apparently I've already signed for Benfica..."

18. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wish Peseiro luck I always liked him. This season I should be excited about due to Santa Clara but is it me or has Portuguese Liga been pointless to watch?

This league is ridiculous and corrupt anyway I’ll try to be more active

Hopefully sporting put up a challenge it’s getting repulsive the past 5 seasons

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Heldon sold to Aita'awoun in Saudi Arabia, 25% of his rights sold for 250K, we hold on to 75% of his rights on a future sale.

20. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who were you expecting?

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Honestly, was expecting Inacio to take over until the new president brought their own manager.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Peseiro may not be the consensus choice, but its a 1 year deal and for much much less than what we were paying JJ, hopefully we give him a chance and don't just fire him after the election, unless he does a really bad job.

23. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yea we realistically might as well ride out the year with him and hopefully get more serious next year.

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sousa Cintra saying today that we'll get 18mil for Patricio and he expects Podence and Bruno Fernandes to come back. Finally some good news.

Hopefully Gelson and Leao come back too.

Hopefully Ruben Ribeiro stays strong and makes a point of not coming back.

AlexJones19 and natenate101 repped this.
  25. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Problem is how much of that 18 Mil will go into Mendes pockets? Rumor was he wanted 7 Mil and BDC pulled the plug on the deal???
    But who knows the last few weeks so much BS was flying around I have no idea what is true anymore :D