2018/19 Transfer Rumours | Signings | Discussion

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 19, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I mean he could be useful for depth but I have a feeling he might get benched here too

2. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Record: #SportingCP Genoa have decided to cut short by 6 months Iuri Medeiros loan and he will return to Sporting CP with an uncertain future (and likely have to find new club).

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Cristian Borja signs from Toluca on a 4.5 year contract.

A Sporting Clube de Portugal - Futebol, SAD informa que chegou a acordo com Deportivo Toluca Futbol Club S. A. para a transferência definitiva do jogador Cristián Borja.

A Sporting CP - Futebol, SAD assinou um contrato válido com Cristián Borja até 2024, com uma cláusula de rescisão no valor de 45 milhões de euros.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Merih Demiral, who was loaned to Alanyaspor, has joined Sassuolo on loan with an obligatory option to buy for 7M at the end of the season. We receive 3.5M euros for the player.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Gonzalo Plata joins SCP until 2024.

Sporting Clube de Portugal - Futebol, SAD informa que chegou a acordo com Club Social y Deportivo Independiente para a transferência definitiva do jogador Gonzalo Plata.

A Sporting CP - Futebol, SAD assinou um contrato válido com Gonzalo Plata até 2024, com uma cláusula de rescisão no valor de 60 milhões de euros.

6. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Boca Juniors reportedly made an 15m+ offer for Acuna

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What's been rumoured is that he has a clause in his contract after the incidents at Alcochete where he can leave if a bid of 20M comes in. From what's been rumoured the deal with Zenit is 16M + 4M in objectives (similar to William's deal to Betis).

If Boca wants him they have to at least match that. But I have a feeling Acuna wants to stay in Europe.

8. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    The problem is i don't see any team just offering 20m straight. Zenit offer is as good as it's going to get.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Iuri Medeiros is headed to Legia Warsaw in Poland, cutting his loan short with Genoa.

10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn man, years ago it seemed he and Filipe Chaby were gonna be quality players. Shame it hasn't worked out.

11. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    It's sad that the few players we have produced through our academy the last 5 or 7 years have all F#cked us over.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The deal to sell Acuna to Zenit seems to have cooled down as Zenit is holding out on 16M euros + 4M for objectives, whereas we are looking for 20M euros up front. However, the Russian transfer window doesn't close until late February so they can afford to stall.

Transfer window is closing in a few hours and it looks like in terms of arrivals there won't be anything new. Here's a run down of who we've signed:

Idrissa Doumbia - Akhmat Grozny - 20 years old - Defensive Midfielder
    Cristian Borja - Toluca - 25 years old - Left Back
    Tiago Ilori - Reading - 25 years old - Center-Back
    Luiz Phellype - Pacos Ferreira - 25 years old - Center-Forward
    Gonzalo Plata - Independiente (Ecuador) - 18 years old - Left Winger
    Franscisco Geraldes - Return from loan

ScpBoy77 and natenate101 repped this.
  13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Forgot to mention Luis Neto, the central defender and Portugal international hasn't been officially announced but everyone is reporting that he has already completed a medical and signed a contract on a free transfer for next season. He's been the starting CB at Zenit this season so hopefully thats a good sign for next season if/when he joins.

As for departures, we did get rid of a few players, most of which were absolute flops and we save on those salaries: Viviano (loan), Marcelo (transfer), Misic (loan), Bruno Cesar (transfer), Mane (loan), Alan Ruiz (loaned out again)... amazing how many players we sign who don't pan out, we'll see how Varandas' new scouting department pans out.

We did make some money on transfers: Demiral (3.5M euros) and apparently Jonathan Silva will be sold for around 3.5M if he plays 4 more games for Leganes.

One highlight: Castaignos again stays - at least his contract ends in June because literally nobody wants him.

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Mathieu rumoured to want to leave at the end of the season to return home to Sochaux. Love the guy but he's 35 and very injury prone, if the Luis Neto on a free transfer rumours are confirmed its likely he'll replace Mathieu. Domingos Duarte has also been having a really good season at Deportivo and I think deserves to fight for a place.

Also rumours that a Chinese club is interested in Andre Pinto. If they really are willing to buy him for between 3-5m euros I'll drive him to the airport myself.

15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Luis Neto is no replacement him. If our defense is supposed to be Neto, Ilori, Coates, and Duarte next year, its not an improvement.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    IDK, Neto has a bad rep because he never really shined on the national team, but he's been an undisputed starter this season for Zenit.

Maybe if a good bid comes in for Coates we could replace him with a big defender or two.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nani and Montero being linked with moves to MLS, Orlando City and Vancouver Whitecaps respectively.

Montero's contract ends in June, while Orlando may be willing to take Nani this month, before the MLS season begins.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The days go by and its looking less likely Acuna leaves right now to Zenit. Looks like they had a bid of 16m + 4m in bonus objectives rejected, with the president wanting 20m flat. With Borja starting at LB and generally impressing after 2 games, Acuna has been playing further forward. Hopefully at the end of the season his value goes up instead of down.

Bruno Fernandes has been carrying this team so far and is now our top scorer so far in all comps with 20 goals, making him the highest scoring midfielder in Europe. Today there are reports of interest from Chelsea and Atletico Madrid (hope we don't negotiate with them ever again while the whole Gelson thing is ongoing) for the player. While we all know his importance, I doubt we could reject what could be a record sale for us.

Ecuador won the U20 Sudamericana, with Gonzalo Plata being a central figure, showing a lot of skill. He'll now travel to Portugal to integrate our team. He's only 18 but maybe he'll have a chance to appear at some point as we start to integrate him.

19. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah any team that took our players for free should be on a black list tbh. Unless they wanna buy Gudelj.

20. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    and Jefferson

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    LOL...

Great start for Plata at our club. Already saying he doesnt plan to stay at Sporting long and hopes to move to a bigger club sooner rather than later. I mean I know that we are a stepping stone club in order to make money, but these kinds of public remarks are not smart.

Then again, I think about some of our academy products in recent years who are desperate to leave as well.

If his football is as good as his confidence, then I hope he comes, rips the league apart and gets sold for 40m or whatever. Theres no such thing as club icons or legends anymore. Might as well go for some of his other ecuador teammates, Campana (striker) looks even better than Plata.

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futeb...a-uma-equipa-maior?ref=HP_DestaquesPrincipais

22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Honestly the closest thing we have to a living club legend is Nani. And even he never ruled out playing for benfica or porto when asked. We have no one like Rui Costa, Bernardo Silva, etc who straight up laugh when asked if they would ever play for Sporting.

Figo, Ronaldo, Simao, Quaresma, Futre... the list of academy players that don't give a shit about Sporting keeps growing. It starts at the top though and this is all down to piss poor management tbh. The way every single one of these players left, starting with Figo leading to moutinho and then last summer, just tells me they were treated like garbage here. There has to be a reason this keeps happening here and never happens at porto or benfica.

Seriously though, what are you thinking when you literally say you hope to not stay long. Ruiz said that too. I guess he got his wish in the end.. I don't even remember his first name lmao. Honestly it's fine to think that and it's cool that he has this ambition, but don't say it out loud... what are you thinking..

On another note, we should have a Peyroteo statue in front of the stadium.

SCP_16 repped this.
  23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Agreed with most of what you said, except I wouldn't put Ronaldo in that category, yes he left early but he's been at multiple scp games and cheered for the team when he could have been doing a million other things with his gf.

There definitely is a problem at the academy, we arent transmitting the club values or spirit to the youngsters coming through.

Its different for Plata I guess. I wouldnt even expect Plata to say he's arrived at the best club in the world, or expect him to profess his love for the club, he hasnt even arrived yet and barely knows us. I think Di Maria said something similar when he came to benfica. Our problem has been the players that have come and gotten comfortable and never seem to leave, like petrovic or castaignos or many others.

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Update; at least he came out quickly to say that his words were misinterpreted and that he's honoured to join a world-renowned club where he can look up to idols like Ronaldo and Figo who grew up here:

https://twitter.com/gonzalo_plata50?lang=en

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Fredy Montero leaves the club after rescinding his contract.

https://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias...nicado-sporting-clube-de-portugal-futebol-sad

Sporting Clube de Portugal – Futebol, SAD informa que chegou a acordo com o jogador Fredy Montero, para a rescisão do seu contrato de trabalho.

A Sporting Clube de Portugal – Futebol, SAD deseja a Fredy Montero os maiores sucessos pessoais e profissionais.