2018/19 Transfer Rumours | Signings | Discussion

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 19, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Eintracht Frankfurt officially announce the return of Francisco Geraldes from his loan.

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Marcelo (CB) leaves for MLS to play for the Chicago Fire. We get around 500K for the player.

https://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias...nicado-sporting-clube-de-portugal-futebol-sad

Never really got a chance with 2 different coaches. Hopefully we could bring back Demiral whose on loan in Turkey and has a ridiculous 3.5M buy out option. He could definitely be the 4th CB. Otherwise maybe promote Tiago Djalo.

Hopefully we also can strike deals to sell Viviano, Misic and Castaignos at the very least. Also Alan Ruiz's loan ends and he returns to SCP in January so hopefully we could make something from him (although we will likely never make up the money we spent for him).

As for rumours, the Adrien to SCP rumour won't go away, with us trying to strike a loan deal with Leicester.

4. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Anyone have access to the full Nani interview with Record?

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nope.

Two more deals, Rafael Barbosa and Elves Balde loaned to Pacos Ferreira until the end of the season. Probably related to the Luis Phellype transfer.

6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here is a twitter thread with quotes.

SCP21 repped this.
  7. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Seems like a decent guy.

Bruno Alves over Carvalho is an interesring choice lol

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, seems down to Earth and appreciative of Sporting as his home. Happy to have him back.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    French media saying that Monaco wants to try and buy Acuna.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Today's rumours is that Liverpool 18 year old striker Rafael Camacho is potentially joining us on loan.

11. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    As long as we have an option to buy why not :D

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We've signed David Wang, an 18 year old winger from Wolves for our U-23 team, but he's only on loan until end of the season.

This one makes no sense, why sign a player on loan for our reserves? Then I remembered that its probably related to Jorge Mendes.

13. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Yeah this has Mendes stink all over it.....

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Marcel Keizer confirmed that Viviano is leaving Sporting, saying that it would be best for him to leave so that he could play. He is being linked with a move to SPAL in Serie A on loan.

Rumours keep swirling that Monaco is interested in buying Acuna for 15M. Although the player isn't technically gifted as a winger and paying 11M for him was exaggerated, I think it would be a mistake to sell him now especially since there isn't a viable backup.

As for players coming in, Rafael Camacho on loan to Sporting rumours are intensifying. The 18 year old Liverpool forward did start his youth career with us before going to England. Not sure personally how this is an upgrade, particularly if he comes on loan without an option to buy.

A Bola says Adrien is closer to coming to SCP. I have a feeling this one will be a novela until the end of January.

15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Makes Sporting look weak tbh. Almost like were the Wolves satellite team..

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah not a fan of this at all. We should be using the U-23 to develop our own talent. But its probably all part of getting on Mendes good side since we cut ties with him before. Might even be something agreed upon with the Patricio deal.

17. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This deal makes no sense and has shadieness written all over it.

Another rumor that's a head scratcher is Acuna to Monaco for 15 mil and Camacho to SCP on loan with a buy option for 15 mil. How does a 18 year old who's never played a big league game have a 15 mil loan buyout option?

Doesn't make sense. The common denominator in all this is Jorge Mendes.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Didn't know Camacho's agent was Mendes too. Thats a really high transfer fee if true.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Wendel and Nani in the Starting XI. Match starts at 1 PM EST.

Renan Ribeiro;
    Bruno Gaspar, Coates, Mathieu, Acuña;
    Gudelj, Wendel, Miguel Luís;
    Nani, Diaby, Bas Dost.

20. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Well look at all the youngins that have left benfica in the past few years. None of them really played for Benfica, all of them left on loans with weirdly high buy options and all of them were bought. Coincidentally all Jorge Mendes.

I bet if we do buy Camacho its gonna be on a deal where Mendes owns like 98% of his pass.

Agents shouldn't be allowed to have this much power. It really needs to be regulated.

Beyond all that, seems really weird to buy someone for 15mil when we let that same person go for probably a few grand just a couple years ago...

21. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed, but lot of those young players from benfica played a couple of games for benfica. Guedes, Gomes, Sanchez, Oblak, etc.. they had at least a couple of caps.
    Camacho apparently hasn't made his debut yet.

No team is going to by a players from someones academy for 15 mil without any big league games.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. Heh.

Those players played regularly for at least a season (except Gomes I think).

In any case, I don't like these super-agents but its what we have in the football world right now. I just hope we at least try and save our own interests.

23. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Theres players like Bernardo Silva and Cancelo who I don't think even made their debuts.

Either way I doubt Camacho will play and we don't have the money to buy him so...

Gotta say, very very weak moves by Varandas to start the transfer season. I mean BdC signed anything and everything regardless of talent but he never made us a B team.

24. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Ouch, pretty harsh after only 4 days of the window being open. Pretty sure I can find several posts of you criticizing BDC's transfers as well so.....

Too early to make that judgement. Relax.

25. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol you just quoted me criticizing BdC's transfers. Signing anything and everything regardless of talent wasn't meant to be a compliment.

True though, long month ahead. I just have always really hated developing other teams youngsters. Just goes against what Sporting should be imo.