2018/19 Transfer Rumours | Signings | Discussion

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 19, 2018.

1. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    SCP's docs probably figured out N'jie had 2 left feet. I know him well, and I'm glad the loan aborted before it was too late.

2. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Nemanja Gudelj is in Lisbon going through medicals (maybe the 3rd time is a charm?) ..... Im going to assume he is on loan with an option to buy but I haven't seen any numbers yet....

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Seems like the general consensus, very quick player but technically not very gifted.

As for Gudelj, Guanzhou have already confirmed the loan, but of course we should wait for official word from our club... you never know what could happen up until the medicals are over.

From what it looks like, its a loan without option to buy, but this case is different. - the player's contract ends in June 2019. So he is free to sign with another club as of January. If he pans out with us until January, the new president and his team can negotiate a deal with the player directly without worrying about any transfer fee.

As for the player, seems like a clear upgrade in quality in midfield. He said he prefers being a box-to-box but can play where the coach plays him.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  5. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sounds like he could make a good impact. Just need to move a few players, maybe sign a couple more if were lucky.

Gonna miss Sousa Cintra.

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Been a breath of fresh air.

Cintra said during Gudelj's presentation that he would be here for 5 years. He didnt get into specifics but he said it would be initially a loan.

If true this is a fantastic deal, we get a good player in his prime who can make a difference.

Cintra also mentioned we wouldnt get anymore players - unless Doumbia or another player leave, then we would try to get another forward.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    With only a few days to go in the market, there's still a lot of work to do.

Today the rumour is that Doumbia is on his way to Girona, which would open the door for another striker. Apparently Cintra attempted to go for Ben Yedder, but he is happy at Sevilla. We are now looking at his teammate Luis Muriel to come on loan.

Also we may try and go for Coentrao again. The LB who was on loan last season to us is not part of Real Madrids plans and has a year left on his contract.

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    OK with these moves. Don't think Muriel has the same upside as Nicola Sansone, who we were also looking at.

But a LB and another FW and I think we're good.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    OFFICIAL: Doumbia signs for Girona until 2021. The player leaves after having signed for us for a total of 7.2m euros a year ago.

Doesnt seem like we are getting any transfer fee. Considering his salary, we cant keep these players. Hopefully we can sell off Castaignos, Petrovic, Gauld and Matheus Oliveira

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Only 2 days left in the transfer market. Still looking for a striker and possibly a LB. Lots of names being linked with us but there's no point listing all the names until there's something more concrete.

Petrovic being linked with a move to Leganes. Hopefully this one can get done.

11. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Please dear god let this happen

SCP_16 repped this.
  12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Last day of the transfer window is upon us. Taking a look at the rumours, looks like we are still trying to get Muriel although the player doesn't seem too keen on a move.

As an alternative, all 3 papers are linking us to PAOK forward Prijovic, who 2 days ago scored against Benfica. Other than that fact, he was top scorer last season in Greece and could be an interesting option up front as an alternative to Dost.

As for exits, Record says we are trying to make the following moves:

Castaignos to Excelsior
    Bruno Paulista (remember him?) to Dubai somewhere
    Matheus Oliveira to Santa Clara

Lets hope we get these done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heavy1981 and natenate101 repped this.
  13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rumours on this last day saying Muriel and Prijovic are both "almost impossible" to be coming today.

Don't be surprised if we don't sign anyone else.

On the other hand, rumours are that Matheus Pereira will be loaned to Nuremberg in Bundesliga.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

LOL

Cintra's a joke. I'm sorry, but this squad is thin and not ready.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    IDK Cintra did the best he can, everything was late because of what we all know happened.

Honestly I'd rather he try to get clear starters rather than fill the club with dubious talent which we can't get rid of later. If we can't get them, lets just stick with what we have.

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Then why loan out Mattheus and Mane

17. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What do you mean why? Its our specialty to make our youth players feel unwanted here because they made one stupid mistake.

Bring on that 500k +10% future sale Mattheus deal!

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We also don't have a starting LB.

I'll give Cintra credit on re-signing Dost, Bruno F., etc. But he's failed on building a squad otherwise.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #544 fdasilva, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Speaking of LB, Coentrao has returned to Portugal to sign for...... Rio Ave.

EDIT More rumours:

Misic could be on his way to Greece to play for AEK Athens.

Petrovic now being linked to Nantes in France.

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Reading Jackson Martinez to Portimonense!

Crazy that these smaller Portuguese clubs have better front offices than SCP

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Jackson is an incognito, he hasn't played in 2 years.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nuremberg confirmed they have signed Matheus Pereira on loan.

23. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don't understand why we didn't get Coentrao.............

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Me neither. But I remember talk that coentrao was on bdc's side, maybe it would be problematic to have him there.

25. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He's done well considering before we took over everyone thought we'd finish mid-table. We still have a weak and incomplete squad, no doubt, but better than I expected at the start of the transfer season.

Letting Coentrao go to Rio Ave when we have Jefferson as a starter is hard to comprehend though. Same with signing an injured and expensive midfielder who wont join til January. Also, letting Francisco Geraldes go on loan simply because he asked is inexcusable too. He hasn't even made the bench in Germany yet and he had a role to play on this squad.

fdasilva repped this.