2018-19 Preseason Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by natenate101, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Also have to add that vinicius is just a joy to watch, he lit up the stadium I really hope he succeeds here.

Deep Pal, saadomar and Prit Javier repped this.
  2. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really like Fede. It's obvious at this point that Julen trusts him more than Llorente to deputize for Casemiro.

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    member: 287483"]Lol now Higuain scores[/QUOTE]p
    He’s a former madridista was liked by the fans too. It’s not like he demanded to leave every year for more money

4. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Lucas Vazquez wasn't in the team when pipita was here. Yet he was laughing with him like old friends. :D

Deep Pal, saadomar and Prit Javier repped this.
  5. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Either way we need 6 midfielders plus Isco who plays in the hole

6. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    p

He’s a former madridista was liked by the fans too. It’s not like he demanded to leave every year for more money[/QUOTE]
    Yeah he is a great guy.

7. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    He was in Castlla around 2011-14 and they would have trained together on many occasions

8. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Was unimpressed with him last season when I saw him, but so far this season he has been very impressive, if this is a so-called transition year, from what i’ve seen, I wouldn’t be bringing any player to be an obstacle in his way this season

Deep Pal, ahnaf and temesgen repped this.
  9. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    He looked very uninterested at times last season so it comes down to attitude. I think he'll get chances, let's see how how he takes advantage of it.

Digital repped this.
  10. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He said it himself a coach’s confidence makes all the difference in the world, he knew Zidane wasn’t too fond of him ( even so he had some good showing namely his brace at Alaves I believe and against Sevilla to name a couple of games )but as I was arguing with a few people here the other day Ceballos is the biggest talent out of Spain since Iniesta and we need to make sure he fulfills his potential and we do that by trusting him and give him an important role in the squad.

Prit Javier repped this.
  11. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I wanted him here and have been a supporter since signed him. I think he's a huge talent, hopefully he achieves his dreams with us.

Prit Javier and Drouchk repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    PTSD flashbacks from early season last year.

Prit Javier repped this.
  14. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ceballos' decision making isn't where it needs to be but it's still better than most of what Isco is pedaling.

Like others have said Ceballos is Modric's heir. Those penetrating runs.

Açores57, Prit Javier and Digital repped this.
  15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Asensio and Isco start and don't score in the early games like last season, we're gonna regret not having an extra elite goalscorer.Then again, CR7 didn't either. Last season just had a horrible beginning.

Prit Javier and Yannick Relens repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco right now is a worry for me, extremely flat performances throughout the preseason, with a coach who he claims trusts him, and a system he should excel in, let’s hope he picks it up when the season gets on the way and it really matters, but I rarely believe in players being ordinary in preseason suddenly becoming awesome from the first game of the regular season, and I think we need to start much better than last season in order to have a shot at the league title, we’ll need players like Isco to be on top of their games

RMSocrates, CR7PT, Anon. and 8 others repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I agree. I thought I was the only one who noticed.

There is no end result in his play

Deep Pal, Yannick Relens and Digital repped this.
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It'll be interesting to see where Casemiro fits in all of this. Kroos has been playing deep all preseason, even with Casemiro there today. Does that give Casemiro more freedom to roam forward and get into the box as a physical threat? Or will he become more dispensable in this system and we see more of Isco/Kroos/Modric midfields?

Deep Pal, Yannick Relens and 9Qui repped this.
  19. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    #844 T2100, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    You notice this just now? He was like this in the last 2 season - slowing down attack, ignoring players who had space to attack, hogging and randomly dribbling sideways.

Have you ever noticed why the team played like proper vintage attacking football and score 3+ goals out of nowhere when he’s on bench last season but play like a mid table team when he starts? It took half a season for everyone to figure out what was the problem was in the early season until Zidane finally benched him against Sevilla where BBC and Kroos scored 6 goals.

If Bale injuries didn’t happen in the first place, James would still be here and Isco would be playing like 2014 when he was a bench player and wasn’t a hogger.

Prit Javier and Yannick Relens repped this.
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Shocking we won two UCLs with him as a starter.

Prit Javier repped this.
  21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has actually looked fairly disinterested, like he’s just going through the motions, i noticed because the contrast in his play with the amount of energy being shown by nearly everyone else was quite stark, I am fairly surprised to be honest, hopefully he gets it together sooner rather than later

Deep Pal, 2Magia2 and Yannick Relens repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have to say i'm a little worried about Isco. I know it's just preseason but he hasn't really impressed me so far.

RMSocrates, Deep Pal and Yannick Relens repped this.
  23. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    This is what I have been saying for a long time now. He is that kid on the schoolyard who loses himself when he has the ball and is a joy to watch but merely makes good decisions or passes the ball when he needs to.
    He is extremely talented and I love to watch him with his silk touches and beautiful dribbling but he is just not our answer.
    I would pick James 99 times out of 100 above him and I do rate Isco higher than James. But James is much much smarter.
    However we have him and if I where a coach I would train him hard and get his stamina up and get him to defend better. I would play him not that close to goal.

Prit Javier repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    S1na and Prit Javier repped this.
  25. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid