2018-19 Euro Leagues

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by puttputtfc, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alneri

Alneri Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 3, 2018
    Not such a bad decision after all. Now we both just need the entire Inter squad to catch a stomach virus for today's game against the cellar dwellers.

2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    If anyone needs me I'm just gonna be sitting in the dark with incense and candles burning watching you tube videos of Daniele De Rossi slide tackles, goals, and senseless yellow and red cards celebrating each and every one of them and probably crying.

My club is without a soul and I'm devastated. Everything is terrible. Everything is meaningless.

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, my guys are in Europe for sure, with a decent shot at CL play, given that we're sitting in the 4th spot currently.

4. Alneri

Alneri Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 3, 2018
    ********ing Lazio!

5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Look at it this way...Lazio won a trophy and the biggest calcio story in Rome is still Roma's deplorable treatment of Daniele De Rossi. Even as trophy holders they are irrelevant.

Alneri repped this.
  6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Reports are that Roma's next coach will be Atalanta's and Alneri's Gasperini.

This is the worst week of my fan life and nothing really comes close.

7. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    [​IMG]

8. Alneri

Alneri Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 3, 2018
    I was curious where he would go. There were rumors flying left and right.

9. Alneri

Alneri Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 3, 2018
    What a week in the calcio world.

Roma parts ways with De Rossi. Sad news for the faithfuls. However they did re-ink Zaniolo. Not even comparable, but I little bit of a positive in the sea of sarrows.

Some team name Lazio or something is going to miss the Champions League, but got themselves a consolation prize. (Fck them.)

Cagliari was not punished after review for racist comments directed towards Kean. Saddening (but not surprising).

Allegri is reportedly leaving Juve and former star Marchisio thinks they should go after Klopp. He also thinks they should do everything the can to sign Pogba and Icardi.

But most recently, speaking of Icardi. It has come out that he has told Inter that he wants to stay. I just don't see how they can work out the divide that existed this season. Maybe there is a slight chance if the coach is gone and the players are fine. But I can only see the locker room worsening next season if he stays.

This league has more drama than Days of our Lives and I absolutely love it.

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Let's not forget Palermo looking like they were set for the Serie B playoffs, and a possible return to Serie A, but instead getting sent down to Serie C for the financial improprieties of their former owner Zameprini.

Genoa's owner has put the club up for sale (again). And they sit only two points away from relegation with two matches remaining.

Allegri's departure is not terribly surprising. But there is no way they get Klopp. Some rumors point to Pochetino. The dream is Pep, but it's unlikley unless City are banned from Europe for FFP. Names from within Serie A linked include Simone Inzaghi (lol) and Sinisa Mihajlovic (LOLOLOLOLOL).

With Allegri's departure we are looking at 2, and probably 3 of the Champions League finishers changing managers next season. Allegri out at Juve, Spalletti out at Inter, Roma in flux, Gattuso almost certainly out at Milan, and the possibility of Gasperini joining Roma or Milan. Ridiculous.

Not to mention the drama around Europa league spaces. Fiorentina's owners shouting at their fans. And one relegation spot still open with 3 points seperating 15th and 18th and with historic clubs like Udinese, Genoa at risk and even Fiorentina not mathematically safe yet.

It's been just a ********in horrible season as a Roma fan with the worst of endings. But as the league goes, it's never dull.

Alneri repped this.
  11. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Are you feeling a little better today, hang? Liga Nos should put a smile on your face.

12. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Daily Mail reporting Sarri has been replaced by Frank Lampard.

Hope he can last more than a season, but I do have mixed feelings in hiring a club legend.

13. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That did put a small smile on my face, though I missed most the second half to watch Roma piss away chance after chance and any remaining hope for Champions League football.

As for Benfica, 103 goals this season in 34 games. They overcame a 7 point gap when Lage took over for Vitoria. That's a hell of a season.

I hear you. It's the same reason I never wanted Totti as a coach (or even Sporting Director) at Roma and wouldn't want De Rossi as a coach.

Meanwhile, in Italy, Sarri is being linked with all of Juventus, Milan, and Roma.

14. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may feel differently if Lampard had the coaching pedigree but one year, a successful year, granted, isn't exactly a track record. I hope he can bring the fire back to the dressing room that maybe only a former captain can bring.

I think there are still a few players on the team that played with him, Hazard being one of them, but I don't think he will get the chance to manage Hazard.

We shall see if the transfer ban is going to hold and Lamps has the opportunity to bring in some of the 40+ players Chelsea has on loan back into the team. Also interested in how Lamps can influence Pulisic.

15. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valencia up 2-0 v Barca in the Copa del Rey final at halftime. ¡Vamos Los Che!

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much as I dislike Bayern, that was a pretty good Cup Final on TV today.

zman31 repped this.
  17. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ¡Pinche Valencia!

18. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    1133443436697280514 is not a valid tweet id

We are gonna wind up with Marco Giampaolo. If you think my bile for Porter is bad, you have no ********in idea. What a catastrophe.

19. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Too soon. In my mind I am still at a crab shack in Ocean City, Maryland watching Sunday's game alone in a booth on spotty wi-fi hoping the farewell lap of honor around the stadium never ends. I'm honestly devastated. My Roma is never the same. I have not yet come to grips with it and probably never will.

21. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    But, my sorrow will not prevent me from wishing good luck to my brother from another mother @stanger and his Chelsea tomorrow.

If reports are true we can finally unite in our hate of Sarri when he joins Juventus in mere days.

22. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hoping for a win but with reports from training talking about Sarri throwing his hat and walking out.. my only prayer is Arsenal playing like Arsenal in a Cup final [emoji15]

23. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you mean Arsenal playing like league Arsenal. They're actually over .500 the last 10 or 20 years in cup finals. Although 0-1 in European finals.

24. Jim Bach

Jim Bach Member+

Bradford City Association Football Club
    May 11, 1999
    Land of the Lizard People, or so I'm told
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Normally I wouldn't care much who wins between The Arse and Torpedo West London, but given the whole Uefa/Mkhitaryan fiasco I'm afraid I have to pull for the Gunners.

25. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where will folks be gathering to watch the Final today? I'm an Arsenal supporter so I would obviously favor a Gooner-friendly establishment. Although, it's fun at times to be in a neutral location where fans of both sides are cheering on their sides.