2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 6: Bayer Leverkusen vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Sep 28, 2018.

1. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Alright, theres light at the end of the tunnel. Get this game level then we will worry about those other two points

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sancho for Pulisic. I missed the first 15 minutes of the second half but at least in the first half he was a no-show and a turnover machine. So no surprise. But I think Alcacer is a striker that is good for the wings. His direct play seems to activate them.

And Reus scores.

4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Reus will never get the trophies or credit he deserves because he stayed loyal.

But he was the best out of them.

5. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schmelzer was right to call Sancho a difference maker.

6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Wonder why bailey wasnt on for them

7. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    JBL should have come off not Pulisic. We do not need a striker passing backward and shooting from distance.

8. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #33 Scheherazade, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    :ROFLMAO: 2-3

:ROFLMAO: 2-4!

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Alcacer completes the comeback. Very nice sequence of passing before the goal.

HockeytownHeel and Scheherazade repped this.
  10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Man we need this kind of energy every night and we can make some noise in the league and in the CL.

Clearly alcacer changes the energy of the team. I'd rather see pulisic and sancho instead of JBL and phillip in a match but the subs worked yet again

11. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Lol Paco again 4-2

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I mean honestly...

Those bitching about alcacer signing can now suck a fat one. He bri ge a lot to the table. Hope he stays fit. We need him.

The lineup at the end minus Larsen is exciting. I'd love to see pulisic more with sancho but I get that they are similar in play.. but isnt it possible to play both?

13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    A great come back and win.

We possibly could have lost and Dahoud showe why he is so important and such a liability, but fantastic reading adjustments by Favre. He corrected what we could all see at half time.

Hakimi gets MOTM for me, though Reus was brilliant especially in the 2nd half when he grabbed hold of the game and refused to lose.

Witsel was better alongside Dahoud, but Weigl is still the better player. Maybe, Favre favours Witsel, because of his leadership, but Weigl must not be allowed to leave.

Alcacer looks like the striker we have been waiting for. 3 goals in not even one full game.

Very happy the only worry is the energy expended.

Sancho came on and got a couple of assist as usual. He is such a talent.

Scheherazade repped this.
  14. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Speechless

15. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Crazy match. We showed the worst this team can do and probably the best it can achieve. This game also goes to show how important it is to have good fullbacks - Hakimi once again with an assist. Moreover, the team looks different when playing with an actual striker. Hope Paco stays fit and hope we bring him in for good in the summer. Also hope Hakimi joins us permanently, but that seems like a long shot. We are leading the Bundesliga, people. Here's hoping it stays that way until the end!

16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nobody was bitching about the signing of Alcacer. They were bitching about the bad business in leaving in so late. The club should have had the replacement for Auba at the start of the summer it was bad business.

Larsen stayed on and played, because he was better than Pulisic. Sancho doesn't start, because when he was given his opportunity he froze and had a bad game and followed it up with another bad game. He has yet to show he has the ability to start and influence a match.

To challenge for the trophies we need a lot of small, but realistic things like Dahoud improving and being less foolish with his passes etc.

However, there are three major things, which are unlikely and we lack.
    1. Reus to stay fit for the entire season.
    2. Schmelzer to keep up his form of the last game and half or Raphael to step up and take his place.
    3. Another top class attacking player.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  17. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Gonna be hard to retain this lead if Paco goes down at all, but it would be fun to scare bayern

18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes when I said how much LP and bad Schmelzer was holding us back, I don't it sunk in for lots of people. I kept stressing it, because they were just so bad.

All positions on the pitch are important. Having a real striker made a huge difference too.

The impact Dahoud made can't be dismissed and of course Reus was incredible again.

19. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Fantastic win.

20. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Great win with some nice football. Leverkusen had the chances to increase their lead though and it helped that they couldn't keep up their pressure. Two tendencies so far this season: Too often we concede the first goal but when the pieces come together and the team gels, we can find another switch with football that overwhelmed a tiring Leverkusen. Chasing the game takes its toll as well and that can cost us with the CL games against teams that don't play during the week.

21. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Fantastic passing game from both the teams. We had one of the best games in last 15 months. Zagadou, Witsel and Reus the star performers today. Though he made a mistake that allowed Leverksen to score, Zagadou was vital in retaining the possession under pressure and contributed a lot to attacks with his brilliant forward passes. Pulisic and Philipp had a forgettable day on the pitch, Hakimi needs to do better defensively.
    Alcacer is definitely the one to watch. What an intelligent player.

hava and Scheherazade repped this.
  22. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

Thank you for pointing this out. I dont think any fan on this site could have cheered on the team without your wonderful insight. Keep stressing it though maybe it will sink in for us small minded people.

23. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes disagree that Hakimi was the motm because he had a few giveaways but it is a small quibble, the whole team did well to improve from the first half.

We are scoring a lot of late goals this season under the new coach. The players do not know when to quit and that is a positive change. Most satisfying comeback in a long time.

24. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Kudos to Favre for getting the guys on the pitch to change this game up.

I like the lineup that finished the match . Exciting group that has pace, technical skill and energy.

Not sure where I stand on Larsen instead of someone else. I think sancho and pulisic could both play on the pitch at the same time. However even phillip coukd take Larsens spot.

Regardless the energy and focus needs to be higher in the first half. We cant keep coming from behind.

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Sorry lets praise the god Pulisic.

That's what you want to talk about how brilliant Pulisic is.
    Everything you post is ultimately about him.

When players play well I will praise them. I did for Miki, but you wouldn't know that, because you only follow Pulisic.