2018-19 Bundesliga Matchday 14: FC Schalke 04 vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Dec 7, 2018.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schalke may be languishing in the lower half of the table but this is the Revierderby, meaning they will be a lot tougher than their league position suggests. I also fear our seven point cushion might make our players complacent.

About Schalke, there's Naldo, a distinctly average CB but whenever he plays against BVB he always seems to bring his A-game. I would also like to add that I have a great deal of respect for Domenico Tedesco, because even though his team doesn't play the prettiest football you'll ever see, it's proven to be effective, securing a spot in the last 16 of the Champions League, whereas Nagelsmann's gung-ho brand of football has already seen his Hoffenheim team finishing bottom of the group twice in a row, proving how important it is to be pragmatic.

Our players have had a full week of rest and recuperation, so let's hope the first half of the season ends with five wins in row.

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    their lineup appears to be offensive. Mckinnie likes to get forward a lot as a Central Midfielder. I think this schalke team is a lot better than their table placement currently is.

Maybe they focused too much on Champions league play and found themselves looking up at the table. Not sure.

I expect a pretty good match today. As does the rest of the world as the betting odds have us as a pretty good bet to draw.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    LP Akanji Diallo Hakimi
    Witsel Delaney
    Sancho Reus Bruun Larsen
    Alcacer

Interesting that Alcacer gets the start now when he had been so efficient as a sub while other options at the striker position were used as part of the plan to get the opponent tired.

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I was hoping we would see a day where we used speed on both wings with pace playing Sancho and Pulisic at once. Seems that Pulisic has fallen from favor as they always run Larsen out there.

kbvb repped this.
  5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    IM glad fox finally chose BVB in the US as their Saturday match.. alway have to freaking watch Bayern or someone else every dang weekend.

6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    akimi blasted one into the 40th row when it should have been a much much better chance

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:0 Delaney, nice header.

8. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    goal on a free kick on left wing.

Reus sends it in, Delaney gets free and sends it in.. Nice

9. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    by the way, based on last years match.. I did bet today on the over in this match. Figured over 2.5 should be easy.. but Schalke will struggle to score as they usually do I think

10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    gotta say, I just saw why Larsen is in the lineup.. he just tracked back and broke up a play wonderfully. Certainly defends his position better than pulisic

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Glad this wasn't a penalty against us. Witsel headed the ball against his own hand which made it a bad clearance and to his own disadvantage.

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    hmmm wonder if we get nailed with the hand ball here by VAR... no deliberateness by Witsel

13. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    can someone tell me why its called a derby?

14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It's a common description when two teams play that are so close together like in this instance. In some cases it's the same city, in others regional/cultural proximity.

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    You can tell Schalke is hyped up when they react to every decision, even for them, as if the biggest tragedy happened towards them. They are only dangerous in counter attacks or when we make mistakes. Therefore we should aim for order in the back and reasonable risk going forward. In the first half, we could have only beat ourselves. The longer we can keep the lead, the more space will get created for our offense.

Besides not having good offensive moments after the goal, the only thing I don't like is that LP seems to be too offensive minded in defense and sometimes leaves too much space behind him to exploit.

16. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    just dont see Schalke scoring on us unless its a lucky junk goal with Bergstaller out...

we seem to be content with not pressing at this point.

17. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Or a lucky pen. Reus goes to the ball and is in a better position but hits a Schalke player in the process of getting the ball. 1:1 after a VAR penalty.

18. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wow.... What bs peno call

19. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    WTF IS THAT PENALTY FOR!??!?!

20. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Never seen such a weak penalty.... What a bad ref!?!?!? I thought he was giving a yellow to the schalke player at first for faking.

21. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schalke's gameplan is clear: Getting their opponent carded by theatrics and provocation.

22. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  23. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Followed by bs yellow to hakimi

24. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I guess the league want a Bayern come back?!?!? Honestly, can't see any other reasonable explanation atm.

25. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schalke was no where in this game