2017 Summer Transfer Thread - Make BVB Great Again

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    at first look,this seems to be a reasonable thought,but signing star players would completely blow up the team’s wage structure. even if BVB were able to beat out the competition from other clubs, the wage demands of these so-called starts are not compatible with the kind of organic growth Dortmund have identified as their most sustainable future strategy. or in other words, BVB cannot afford superstars and keep the rest of the team happy, as other players may also ask higher wage to match (or get near) what these superstars get. so BVB prefer developing superstars themselves.

2. Which is ....Just curious if BVB can afford me:cool:

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to the quarterly report the club is planning on making lucrative sales.

It's possible that Watzke actually wants to see PE sold. Even after replacement costs we still make a substantial profit.

4. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The treadmill of Watzke continues.... it's all about the $.

Apparently Chelsea is interested in Sokratis.

5. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Always with the Watzke bashing. It is impossible to know this for sure. Maybe Auba has already told them he intends to leave. I think it is more likely that PEA wants out, especially given the fact that every other week he gives an interview about Real Madrid, or saying that it is not only Real that he can play for.

6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just playing devil's advocate a bit here, but that could also be a strategy to get the management at BVB to offer him a well deserved raise.

Lewandowski did the same, and when management refused to pay him what he felt he was worth, he refused to sign a new contract.

7. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    auba is making what, 4 mil a year? He's a top 3 striker in the world rn. The board should at least try offering him his worth. With Reus always injured, he's the only experienced player in attack for you.

8. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    get rid of rode,and that's +4 Mio wage for auba. but other players might also want a wage raise too.

9. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I typically support mgmt, but I've firmly had enough of Aki. The job he did in rebuilding this club from scraps 15 years ago was incredible, and he deserves a lot of credit for that. With that said, a lot of credit goes to Klopp as well.

The problem is Aki is one dimensional - and isn't the right fit for this club anymore. His track record since 2013 had been abysmal, with us losing key player after key player, and failing to being home any hardware for 5 yrs (until this year).

Look at our current situation with Auba, and it's similar to so many of our situations in the past (ie: Lewa). We have arguably one of the top 5 strikers in the world, and he's on 4M in wages. His wages are similar to Rode.... Rode!! PSG are reportedly offering more than a 300% increase in wages, and Sanchez for comparison is looking for 15M. Rather than proactively address this, Aki just lets it ride. I'm not saying we offer him 12M, but 9M is very reasonable my opinion. It's clear that Aki wants his 70-80M for Auba and then wants to sign a young talent. And you wonder why players leave and we can't catch Bayern for the Buli title.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder if it also has to do with his compensation structure. Aki makes a shit ton in bonus whenever we sell players for huge sums. He tripled his salary by selling Götze and made about 5M by selling Hummels, Miki and Ilkay.

People say he's from the region and he's a BVB fan. Let's not forget that he's driven first and foremost by money. Also he's a paid employee of the club.

11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have a feeling Sokratis is gone as well. A host of English clubs are looking at him.

12. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is this based in fact (ie: noted in the clubs MD&A), or simply conjecture?

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The bonus from the Götze sale was mentioned in the annual report in 2014. The bonus from last year is partial conjecture assuming his salary is the same and % Prämie is also the same as 2013.

14. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Is this true ? I waas not aware of this. I don't think i am qualified to reply to this. But I suppose it is plausible. Who really knows to be honest. The other way of looking at this, is that Auba wants out and Watzke is smart enough to not give him a raise given the fact that he has already decided to leave. But there is also the possibility that Auba wants to leave as he is not getting paid enough, I think 8-9 mil is a good range for a striker like Auba, keep in mind, Dortmund do not have a Sheik financing them, or make the PL TV money.

And yes, I completely agree with this. That Lewa mistake was the worst possible situation Watzke could have brought about. I think that he still had the small club almost bankrupt mentality. Altghough, they have done well in replacing the players that leave. Perhaps the 30 mil spent on Schurrle could have been spent on an 8 to replace Gundoghan, so I am not sure who the blame lays with in this respect. Watzke, or Tuchel. Maybe a bit of both.
    I think this year is shapping nicely. Although I think the most important player on this team right now is Papastopolous, if he leaves, the defence will b a shambles. I am not sold on Bartra either. It would be nice to get Sakho from Liverpool as a replacement.

kilongo repped this.
  15. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So here's a fundamental question that needs to be asked. What does management need to do to keep a guy like Dembele? Is it even possible to keep this kid beyond 2020 if he continues to develop like he has been? He has already become a vital player on this squad (even at 19), and his performance during the France/England game escalated his stock even further.

I absolutely think it's incumbent on Rauball, Watzke, Zorc, and the rest of the leadership to assess what needs to happen to keep him. At some point we need to have the ability to retain players of this quality, and stop being a feeder club.

16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is simply not going to happen. Of the three you mentioned Zorc is the only one actually good at his job. Rauball is just a figurehead who is where he is because of his family connections. Watzke....well no need to rehash. Regardless, we need a new management. The current one cannot change its skin.

17. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    This is where I would want someone other than Watzke to handle the situation. Dembele is that kind of player who can win you games single-handedly. We have to break the wage structure to keep him with us for another 3-4 years and I doubt if Watzke can do that. Offer him a salary that ensures his stay till 2020. We cannot keep him beyond that, unless we are genuine CL contenders by then. If he keeps performing like this for France too, next summer Real/Barca/Chelsea will be at our doors with signed blank cheques.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This isn't true at all. If we want to keep Dembélé we need to pick about 3 other top players who he wants to play with and keep them or bring them to the club. These guys are going to eat half the wage budget but that's the only way to keep them. And then let the others be squad players. Guys like Reus and Götze who are injury prone will have to leave. No more expensive mistakes like Schurrle. And if guys outside this core want more they'll be sold.

With a turnover of close to 500M, this is doable in about 2 years time.

Oh and our transfer budget would have to be extremely small.

19. Bavarian Juggalo

Mar 10, 2017
    Sydney
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

20. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Is Maximilian Philipp going to be our expensive mistake of the transfer window (on the lines of Immobile, Rode, Schurrle)?

21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know. But from the outset, guys like Rode, Schurrle, Castro, Park, Ramos etc. were just not the kinds of players we should have even considered. Immobile, Jojic, Kampl are acceptable mistakes because theyve either shined at their subsequent clubs or flopped at bigger clubs. Acquisition is however something we are generally good at. It's retention that our club is terrible at. And I'm sick of Watzkes excuses. It's not like he has to come up with creative solutions. Just look how Juventus and Atletico are doing it. I'd be surprised if Griezmann moves should Atletico secure either Costa or Lacazett.

22. Bavarian Juggalo

Mar 10, 2017
    Sydney
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ya'll gotta spend money to make money dawg. ,...ya hear!?

[​IMG]

If you pie eaters ever want to be in the big time with the big boys, then you gotta break da bank ya feel? Gotta go all out! Know what I'm sayin. How do you think Bayern Munich got to where we are today? We spent that spondoola on the big guns, we got the best guns

23. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we are trying to bring up those 3 top players alongside him so we won't need the huge transfers. He, Pulisic, And Isak are some of the most talented attacking prospects in Europe. If we could bring in someone like Mbappe (I know I know not gonna happen) and pair him with our existing attacking talent, that should be good.

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The core guys don't necessarily have to be all attacking players. They can be sprinkled across the pitch and have all got to show some leadership traits. Juventus, Chelsea, United, Barca, Madrid and even Bayern have had this during their best years. Look how stable Atletico are.

25. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that- but as an attacker I think Dembele will be most persuaded by having other talented players to join him in the attack. Of course he will want a strong defense and midfield, but offering him a top of the line attacking core is definitely important. He wouldn't want to be playing with the likes of KG