News: 2017 Schedule

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Jan 12, 2017.

1. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Fleming would resign. I know I would.

fortcollins and COMtnGuy repped this.
  2. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hi everyone.
    I am planning a trip to Colorado in late June and early July and think I can manage to schedule it so I go to one of the Rapids game on 1st July or 4th of July. (I can't do both). I've heard the 4th of July game is a special event with fireworks (and other activities?).
    Just curious if the game on the 4th is really that different from a regular game. I'd be with family (i.e. kids), fyi. The game on 1st is more convenient for my schedule, but willing to do the 4th if it is really better. Thanks for tips and advice in advance.

3. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    The fourth of July game is usually special with the fireworks and all. They usually have a bunch of booths out front and lots going on. The downside is that it gets really crowded trying to leave at the end.

I heard that this year they are going to have fireworks on July 1 as well. Not sure if they will pull out all the stops like on the fourth, but it could be fun.

Both should be good games with a decent crowd.

rod.

safcfan repped this.
  4. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4th has a Fireworks show post game and you sit on the playing field. However, the Traffic sucks leaving. So if that doesn't help look at opponent (HOU on 1st, SEA on 4th), I would think the Sounders would win that round hands down.

Edit: Rod is correct, both games will have fireworks per Rapids schedule (for what that is worth)

safcfan repped this.
  5. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I never go on the 4th, but I bet its fun. More of a family crowd than a Saturday night?

6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jayd8888 and kucsdat repped this.