2017 MLS Week 14 Referee Discussion

Discussion in 'MLS Referee Forum' started by bhooks, May 30, 2017.

1. Mark Edwards

Mark Edwards New Member

Jun 7, 2017
    #76 Mark Edwards, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    I'm curious how PRO will respond. Once this is disseminated out to the fans of the MLS, I'm sure they're going to want an explanation. Also as MassachusettsRef had pointed out, what if this had happened when we had VAR? Would Orlando have appealed an won? Will that committee that reviews calls still exist after VAR?

Actually, I want to know what Howard thinks https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017...ebb-manage-video-assistant-referee-operations

drummer68 repped this.
  2. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009
    I'm speechless.

3. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made a mistake of wading into some Twitter responses to PSRA's letter.

It's as if Orlando fans, to a man, still think Unkel made the wrong call and feel even more vindicated after the red was overturned. One went so far to accuse PSRA of being wrong because they're biased, and she's right that it was the wrong call because she was at the game.

OY.

rh89 repped this.
  4. rh89

rh89 Member

Sep 29, 2015
    OR
    Peace is accepting that there will always be someone wrong on the internet.

5. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, I couldn't resist that one.

6. incognitoind

incognitoind Member

Apr 8, 2015
    This post right here shows the divide between referees and everyone else. The fact that we can look at that play and unanimously agree it is red and the general public cannot is what causes the strife between fans and officials and is what leads to our young officials quitting. This is not an example of a technical red like last weeks EWP 2nd yellow but instead of a clear example of SFP. The MLS has missed a great opportunity to educate its fans and the public and has only further the divide of the knowledge and application of the lotg and has rewarded a generation that has quickly learned that they are not accountable for their own actions and it's always someone else's fault. I honestly don't care if this is red or not, but the training and application needs to match so that referees have a chance out there.

msilverstein47 and rh89 repped this.