2017 LA Galaxy II (Los Dos) Season

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Dr.Phil, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #26 Dr.Phil, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    TrickHog repped this.
  2. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it looks like Ryo Fujii is in camp, despite not appearing on the G's initial 2017 roster. I think he was probably just omitted but I hate how little we end up knowing about G2 every year.

[​IMG]

Baysider repped this.
  4. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I asked about it too and got no response.

Here is some other pics from todays training

5. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Lots of young new faces in the Los Dos training sessions. Plus, it looks like some players who surely will play for the GII squad were training with the senior squad, including Ethan Zubek (unless Mora mixed up the photos from the two training sessions).

6. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw Hilton in there also so I assume they brought up 5-10 academy players also. I don't even think this team has 10 players "signed" so we should hear about additions soon. The first team will probably try and sign a couple also.

7. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TrickHog repped this.
  8. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WarGalaxy repped this.
  9. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teaser: I just spoke with a young man who expects to sign with Los Dos any day now. Look for a local CB (who has been playing down south) with some NT experience. I've got my fingers crossed.

Benny Dargle, WarGalaxy and TrickHog repped this.
  10. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jefrey Payeras fits that description. He actually received his first start with Municipal about a week ago. He played all 90 minutes and helped keep a clean sheet.

The Guatemalan FA has real screwed those plays by receiving a FIFA ban. They were forced to skip the Copa Centroamericana this and year, and as a result could not qualify for the Gold Cup. Payeras started their last two NT games and perhaps missed out on starting for them in two international tournaments and gaining that valuable experience.

11. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What position?

12. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Center back.

He was born and raised in Hawthorne. He was on loan with Los Dos last season. I think he started 27 games last year for us.

The Cadaver repped this.
  13. AZUL GALAXY

AZUL GALAXY Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Do you know at what time is the first galaxy dos game on March 25 cause Chivas plays Leon that they at 8:00 PM?

14. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This might not be Payeras. He started today at CB for Municipal. This was his third start in a row for them. Uncoincidentally it was Municipal's third straight clean sheet and victory. If he was moving "any day now" to a new club I doubt Municipal would be giving him starts. He seems to be in their plans, for now. Supposedly he's out of contract in the summer. Hopefully we still have room for him then.

[​IMG]
    This is a screen shot of today's lineup.
    It's a bit annoying. They're spelling his name incorrectly. There's only one "f" in his first name.

15. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    The Cadaver and Baysider repped this.
  16. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    WarGalaxy, GalaxyKoa and profiled repped this.
  17. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    You called it (or hinted at it). Castellanos is a smart signing. Big tall kid with potential who we can check out on LosDos and possibly groom for the first team. Since our Academy hasn't been overflowing with center back prospects, this is the kind of place to backfill with young talent from somewhere else. Wonder what happened to sour him on Atlas (or Atlas on him) so quickly?

18. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2017/0...tm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=lagalaxyii

GalaxyKoa repped this.
  20. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  21. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #46 GalaxyKoa, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    I wonder how it works for Strong, being that he's still at UCSB. I didn't think that MLS would allow their B sides to poach underclassmen, but it would be an awesome development if that were the case. He's only 20 currently and is 6-2 195. Just based on his resume and build it seems like he'd be a decent signing given our lack of centerbacks coming from the academy.

From what I can tell the other guys may be:
    Myung Jin Choi - 22 (turns 23 mid-season) year old midfielder who played with Seognam (who were relegated to the 2nd tier) in the K-League last year.
    http://www.transfermarkt.com/myung-jin-choi/profil/spieler/426768

Kim Do Hjun - 23 (soon to be 24 year old) striker who also played for Seognam last year, on loan from another Korean club.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Hyun

I can't find info on the other guy but I'm assuming he came out of the trials we did in Japan.

It's interesting we're bring in guys of their age given that Klein said "The rest of the world, that's how it is: once you hit 22, 23, you're too old, and they move on to the next player. We're getting into that now. " Obviously it's not a hard and fast rule nor do I necessarily think their ages disqualify them from joining the team, but I'm hoping we're past signing guys like Rebellon, Diallo and Slager.

That being said, I'm willing to give Muñoz a very long leash because I'm excited to see if he can transition from a talented youth coach to head coach.

Dr.Phil repped this.
  22. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

He may not be at UCSB anymore

http://www.independent.com/news/2016/oct/14/ucsb-soccer-player-arrested-assault-deadly-weapon-/

23. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I met with Robert in San Diego several weeks at the Nomads residential academy and spoke with him about his experience in Mexico. Evidently he signed with Tijuana as a youth player, but they wouldn't offer him a first team contract. He went to Atlas with hopes of getting an opportunity as a first teamer, and when they wanted to offer him a contract Tijuana wouldn't release him. I'm not sure he, nor his agent, or anybody understands Mexico's LigaMX rules. Lord know we make our own here in LA! Anyway. Tijuana said they wouldn't release him to another Mexican club, but former Nomad Jovan Kirovski threw him a lifeline, and evidently they got things sorted out. I've worked with a lot of young players over the years who have wanted to pursue their dreams overseas, and I deal with agents, youth clubs and college coaches, too. Robert is as level-headed ,and talented, as anyone I have ever met. His upside is tremendous, and he's just 18! Let's see how things develop. In the meanwhile I am glad to see a SoCal boy from a great academy program get a chance with the Galaxy.

25. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TrickHog and Baysider repped this.