2017 FSU

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Got Jukes?, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    5-0 over Ole Miss.
    We had a huge talent advantage and played like it for the most part.

In this next recruiting class give me one more Emily Madril and one Ekic (the bulldog from Louisville).

2. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    That was a beatdown. Was not expecting that. Congrats!

3. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Deyna come off in the second half after that take down? Any news there?

4. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I haven't heard anything, but I watched her walk off the field. By the time she got to the sideline, she was walking much better! Don't count on Mark offering info.

5. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Sprained ankle...she should be fine.

6. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    We looked like the old FSU tonight...had some great runs and passes from the outside...had 2 missed open goal shots but overall, we looked so much better. Just need to keep it up. Last 20 were a bit scary as we shut down the motor to waste time and saw Ole Miss making some breaks for our goal....why do we do that?? Just play till the end!! Why tempt fate??

7. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Deyna is okay and it is nothing serious. I was not expecting this outcome, I hoped FSU would win, but I was thinking more of a 2-1 outcome. Ole Miss had put up quite a few goals this season. Deyna has great leaping ability and a knack for connecting on crosses mid air, she is fun to watch.

8. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Players like Ekic are few and far between. Our next recruiting class seems solid, one of Indianas great all time high schoolers in Lynch, Howell, who has the YNT experience and a speedster in Pavlisko.

9. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    No doubt you are correct.
    Next year (hopefully) we'll be getting Berkley, McFarland, Edwards and Kollanen back at full speed.
    That is quite a recruiting haul right there!

Yes, Deyna has such creativity when the ball is coming to her. Most of her shots are on frame.
    I get a little frustrated when I see our girls launch a shot from 6 to 10 yards away and it isn't on frame.

10. Fish On

Fish On Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    Why not.....Ole miss has won once in the last 6 weeks...

11. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Because usually sec teams put up a good defensive battle. I was expecting a FSU win, but more along the lines of 2-0, 2-1...

12. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fun fact, Julie Johnston Ertz was a one time FSU commit.

13. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Really? Did not know that. She and CM played for the same youth club in AZ.

14. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, admittedly I didnt think it a big deal at the time , she has done well for herself.

15. theguru

theguru Member

May 7, 2008
    Ole Miss had no right getting into ncaa's 1 top 50 win and it was vs Memphis (50 rpi) and they didn't get in. SEC had inflated rpi due to soft non conference schedules and inflated win totals. Those 8-0 wins early helped in the big games that mattered. Where were the goal scorers now? Glad Rice as a mid major got in but how did that happen ? Stanford vs Duke would be a must see game in final. Two teams playing the game

16. theguru

theguru Member

May 7, 2008
    The best win Rice had was against #70 in the RPI.

Need to get rid of the RPI. It can be manipulated way to easy. Rice didn't deserve a bid

17. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Just saw interview prior to Arizona game with Mark and a few players.
    He confirmed, in my mind, what we had surmised.
    He mentioned how he thought we were much better rested than a year ago.
    He talked about last year's grind on the players followed by the travel.

It was as we suspected.
    I'm OK with that as long as we perform like a well rested team.

18. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #293 sweepsit, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    1-0 at the half. FSU looking dangerous with multiple scoring opportunities -- Dallas Dorosy will want the 1 on 1 with the keeper back where she failed to get it on frame. Glad to see them find the back of the net at the end of the half after dominating the run of play. Villalobos controlling the middle of the field and getting the ball quickly into the attacking third. She seems more effective tonight than the other minutes I've seen this season. I continue to love Madril moving forward. She needs to clean up some of her coverage choices in the back, but love how dangerous she is with the ball at her feet to initiate the attack.

19. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    2-0 win is nice!
    Deyna with both goals.
    Gloriana did a very nice job controlling mid field.
    KT did some good work.
    Good win and good defense tonight.

20. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DD has to get a shot on goal on that breakaway, very poorly played. FSU had clear gaps in defense tonight that Stanford will take advantage of. Nice to make it back to the sweet sixteen. Hopefully with some luck FSU can win again on Sunday.

21. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I'm always amazed how many of our players fail to get shots on goal, especially inside of 10 yards.
    I'm also baffled by our corner kick to a girl 5 yards away who rarely crosses it into the box.
    We have some nice pieces, that augmented by good healthy players injured this year and a few key recruits will make next year special IMO!

22. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tierna Davidson ran the length of the field through everyone dished it off and Stanford scored, up 1-0. Fair result, Stanford has dominated possession and hit the bar three times I think. Also, Stanford has looked more fit than FSU. Lastly, hats off to Stanford and good luck the rest of the way.

socalsoccer23 repped this.
  23. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, congrats to the seniors on great careers. Cassie Miller is probably the best keeper in FSU history, she will be missed.

Got Jukes?, socalsoccer23 and sweepsit repped this.
  24. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Better team won! No questions!
    More speed, control with passing and depth.

Other than that, we were about even.;)
    They don't lose much. heavy underclassmen roster like us!

With our injured players back, plus recruits, we'll be much more competitive, but no guarantee we'll make up the ground they currently have on us.

25. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    They had "Speed"!