2017 FSU

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Got Jukes?, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Jukes
    You beat me to it.
    Hopefully our absence from the College Cup will be short lived.
    We are just a couple of pieces away from a return IMO
    Go Seminoles

sweepsit repped this.
  2. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Our own Cassie Miller made 1st team AA, but not 1st team All ACC. Hmmm!
    I like the AA team myself.
    Kirsten Crowley 2nd Team AA.
    Deyna 1st Team Fr and Malia Berkely 2nd team.

All but KC coming back.
    Go Noles!

3. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's Top Drawer Soccer. Nuff said

4. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Just saw on Facebook Gloriana Villalobos will be playing her Soccer at FSU!

This is a translation on Facebook of her post.
    Hello to all and all! With a knot in my throat I would like to announce that today I say goodbye to the team of my loves, the Deportivo Saprissa, to start a new adventure out of the country. This January 9 I will be traveling to the United States to form part of Florida State University, where I shall include his college team, playing the sport that I had that much passion and, at the same time, I will bring the career of physical education.

Great news for FSU! She's high level and very creative.
    It'll be interesting to see how she adjusts to the physical play here.

Got Jukes? and blissett repped this.
  5. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two new commitments, Adrienne Richardson, 2017, and Kirsten Pavlisko, 2018.

6. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Richardson is an excellent pick up for FSU. I have her as my #11 nationally for 2017. She still is listed as a verbal commit to LSU on CBG's website, but if Top Drawer has the latest, she has apparently become convinced that her goals would be better met with the Noles.

Pavlisko is a solid Region III ODP player, who plays high school ball for the same coach who has corralled many of the top area players at St John's Country Day in Jacksonville. She's a big goal scorer in HS.

With Richardson, it looks like FSU's 2017 class is coming together nicely, and, if history is a guide, Mark will surely add a few great internationals over the summer.

7. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for the added info Soccerhunter. I search twitter for FSU related news, that is how I found out about Richardson, she switched in mid December. It looks like the top 2019s are starting to verbal, I wonder when FSU will land one. Again, thanks for all the work you do Soccerhunter!

8. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    2017 class is coming together nicely.

Villalobos, Richardson and Daley are the most decorated.
    We'll see!

9. sec123

sec123 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The fact that someone is a big scorer in High School - considering the quality of most HS soccer - isn't saying much. I wish her and Ms. Richardson well. I have net her a few times and she seems like a nice kid. I am sure she had a pretty hefty Scholarship offer from LSU based on her talent and her early commitment to the Tigers. Can't imagine as much money would be available for a 2017 one month before signing day. No doubt some strings were pulled to find some money. She'll do well at FSU.

10. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First commitment from the class of 2019, Taylor Radecki!

11. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    What can you tell us about Taylor?

12. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know nothing about her, only that she is committed to FSU, according to cbg.

13. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Briana Alston transferring to Tex AM!

14. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best of luck to her, I thought she would play more this past year, but I am just a fan, not a coach.

15. awonkafan

awonkafan New Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    That coach brought us another great player previously - both as her dad and the coach - Mike Pickett is the coach, Carson is his daughter.

16. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I think the under-valuing of high school soccer comes from the industry clubs inflating their own $$$ value and leverage. I remember the industry constantly telling parents "high school means nuuuuthing" and even imposing bans on playing high school soccer. Obvious financial incentives to "eliminate" an alternative conduit for players as well as coaching contacts for colleges. Bunch of b*!!$&!t. High school is the only venue where you get a potpourri of talent, the only chance unheralded players get mano on mano with the heralded. It eliminates the family demographic and $$$ barrier.

17. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's a load of crap. My kids high school team her senior year was ranked #7 in the country....Her club u14 team would have slaughtered them.

18. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #21 Holmes12, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    You obviously don't watch "Jeopardy!". Or comprehend too good. Or couldn't wait to say that. I didn't say high school teams were better than manufactured industry teams, read "potpourri" (sp?). It is certainly a stage for the priced out (or demographically challenged...many industry players are usually the last child in their families) to individually show their game against manufactured talent. I'm not saying the industry talent is no good either. But women's club soccer exposure is bought. Clubs take money, no? Lacrosse is an industry which absolutely fears (and hopefully demoralizes and prices out) football players crossing over. It's basically an x-game (who can cradle and twirl the fastest), Money is the bulwark against dna factors which are predisposed to dominate any sport (agility, speed, size, etc). Give a stud football running back training with a stick for a month, he's unstoppable. But the industry gets nothing from him. I guess that's life in the non-rev lane. It's slowly changing in women's soccer though, with the proliferation of funding at schools. If a hs player makes whatever team all-whatever, or possibly a starter on a champ or finalist, they're getting a college look (via camp invite). However, obviously, non-industry (not paying to play in latest elite league) will continue to be discriminated against in region, national development camps and pools.

19. sec123

sec123 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My local high school won the large school (Division 1) State Championship in 2015. Girl who shattered the team scoring record by 15 goals that year and the keeper who broke the shutout record (high teens out of about 25 games) were both first team all state. The forward got a look from lowly (and local) D3 schools and the keeper went to a good D2 program where she has yet to see the field. At least in my state, being a stud in high school ain't sayin' much. I stand by my earlier comment

I still wish the girl well at FSU :laugh:

20. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According the the UF soccer twitter account, FSU defeats UF 3-0 last night in spring game. The lack of coverage on Seminoles.com is frustrating.

21. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Yeah me too!
    If anyone on here saw it and would like to share, that would be great!
    Sounds good.
    Hopefully, we dominated run of play as much as we did the score.
    By the way, I came across this article about one of our freshmen. It was linked on Warchant.com
    Seminole Sports Message Board.
    http://www.pnj.com/story/sports/hig...ril-caps-prep-career-one-last-award/99359558/
    Also read that she will be attending U19 training camp next week.
    Encouraging.

22. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    UF rarely on our end...maybe 3 shots on goal..... Cassie had 1 nice tip save, but that was it....we had great movement and some stellar passes.... Deyna scored 2..... 2nd was a laser free kick just outside the 18 (should have been a PK) that curved and dipped into upper V..... we think Emma got a goal but nobody was sure.