2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    Brewster performed a lot better than Loader at club level last season though to be fair.

2. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not a lot better, Loader was very good under the radar (as Reading's coverage isn't as extensive or as available as Liverpool's) but yeah, he was better. Loader's been highly-rated for a long time though.

3. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    At this relatively early point, even, I'd be concerned about Brewster's future. He needs to up his game now.

4. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Brewster got 3 goals in 8 appearances for Liverpool U23 last season. Loader has 7 appearances at that level and no goals. Brewster also has a much higher goals per minute ratio than Loader at U18 level, he gets more assists and he scored a hat trick for the Liverpool first team in a behind doors friendly in April...

That comparison is all statistical because I've never seen Loader play at club level but, statistically, they're not especially close and Brewster having a three game dry streak at the U17 Euros is no reason to be concerned about his future when he's been progressing well at club level.

Hopefully he recovers from his broken foot in time to get a few matches under his belt for Liverpool U23 before the U17 WC. And, of course, I would like to see Cooper rotate his players a bit more so Loader gets a better chance to show people what he's about.

5. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Loader is better built as a no. 9 than Brewster at the moment just looking at him. Physically he's more suited.

6. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Reading played Loader as a central midfielder at times too, and often as a 10.

The Guardian repped this.
  7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    ChristianSur repped this.
  8. kbarrett2316

kbarrett2316 Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    On the Youthhawk twitter (@Youthhawk) there's a graphic being posted every few minutes with lists of the scholars at Cat.1 and Cat. 2 clubs.

Regarding Sessegnon - personally I'd rather he stayed at Fulham - for this season, at least. Getting a lot of Championship game time at his age is amazing - not many get to do that so it will be very useful for him. Hopefully Steven will get some involvement with the first team too, been unlucky with injuries.

9. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but McEachran made the team of the tournament compiled by the UEFA technical study group. Also included were Guehi, Panzo, Hudson-Odoi, Foden & Sancho. A third of the 18 man squad selected.

Winners Spain had one less with five players. France had three. The Germans a couple. Turkey had one. Hosts Croatia had their goalie included.

sharpovic and ChristianSur repped this.
  10. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Funny, I looked on the UEFA website earlier today to see if that report had been uploaded but couldn't find it. Could you post a link please?

11. KingSRV

KingSRV Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ChristianSur and wellno repped this.
  12. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Good to see him included. I don't see him get as much praise as some of the players in this squad, but every time I've seen him he's been class, at both centre-back and right-back. It wasn't just Panzo and another at the Euros - Guehi gave our defence a solidity that the 2000s have lacked at times.

kbarrett2316 repped this.
  13. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hudson-Odoi gave Crawley a fairly torrid time on Saturday in pre-season. He'll be with the U23 group at Chelsea all season, will drop down for FAYC matches though.

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Phil Foden has made the squad for the Man City pre-season tour -
    [​IMG]
    Still awaiting confirmation of the City squad to see if Jadon Sancho has also made the squad.

W.A.S.P., itfcjoe and ChristianSur repped this.
  15. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Not quite confirmation, but...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-squad-usa-tour-13342940

"JADON SANCHO – the 17-year-old is tipped for greatness but, while his youth team colleagues Brahim Diaz and Phil Foden were on the plane, Sancho was not spotted.

"That fuelled the talk that Arsenal and Spurs are sniffing around him, but the talented teenager trained with the first team squad all last week and City sources say it is 100 per cent certain he will stay."

16. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Rhian Brewster broken foot update, he was named on the teamsheet for a Liverpool U23 game yesterday:
    [​IMG]

He didn't play but if he did travel to Hungary that suggests the injury isn't as bad as feared and he isn't too far off.

Crvena Zvezda repped this.
  17. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Brewster has better numbers at this point which is obviously important for a striker, but Loader looks the better all round player

18. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Nya Kirby on the bench for Palace in the PL Asia Trophy DFGDBjvVoAATiJ-.jpg . Should get on the pitch you would hope -

19. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Rekeem Harper and Kane Wilson on the pitch for West Brom in the PL Asia Trophy. That might make them ineligible now under Pulis for this tournament :ninja:

20. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Nya Kirby got on the pitch and had a few touches. Typical friendly game when the game loses structure because of all the changes. Nice moment for him regardless.

21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

It is looking like Jadon Sancho isn't signing his contract and because of that will not take part in the Man City pre-season tour.

22. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Leaving or a negotiating position? Apparently he's suddenly deleted all of his Instagram posts, but I don't know what you can read into that.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    It seems as if he had to sign a contract to go on this tour and he hasn't done so. Not sure what that means longer term. It certainly raises doubts. The instagram stuff isn't really a big deal because he had England photos on there too that were deleted.

24. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if him deleting his instagram was due to abuse.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  25. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    His instagram had been wiped a while ago, no idea how long ago, but noticed there was nothing there at the start of the U19 Euros.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.