2017 Draft thread

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by AcetheTigah, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, you are having fun! I see.

The way i see it YOU are being trolled and you are letting some guy take the conversation away from soccer and fill endless posts of crap that belongs somewhere else. It looks to me like he is playing you, but NOW i get it, you are just having fun trolling back!

2. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who doesnt have fun taking a baseball bat to a bee hive every now and them?

Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. What a loser, he probably remembers nothing and just made this up

875446024982155265 is not a valid tweet id

4. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    He's from a country where people are imprisoned for offending another persons feelings with words, so he's not the best judge of a country's greatness

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  5. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    #MAGA.

Or play golf. I'm confused on what the mission is now.

6. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    To be fair, he's just repeating what Trump has said. After all, you can't #MAGA if America is already great. #MAGA only works if America was once great, isn't any longer and therefore needs to be made to be great again.

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it was great back in that mysterious year where Joe Holland wasn't enrolled at Hofstra and skipped a season but isn't explained anywhere. Could be for a lot of reasons I suppose, but most college kids who leave school for a year then come back do it because they were told to do so not because it was voluntary.

Did I miss an explanation why he missed a year? Was it in an article I forgot?

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure at some point he realizes that since he's not a US citizen and not a voter his opinion doesn't really matter to anyone

875702855230992386 is not a valid tweet id

9. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you follow Joe Holland on Twitter just so you can biatch about his posts or are you sincerely interested from a soccer stand point?

*rey* repped this.
  10. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has very few soccer posts, mostly complaints about things in America

11. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Theres plenty of complaints to be had. Whats your point?

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I answered someone's question. No point. Seems like he should go back to England since he has little positive to say about this country

13. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So someone spots a problem and should go back where they came from as a result? Ok.....

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well just yesterday he retweeted a comment from someone about how "the NRA is only out to protect white men's right to murder kindergartners" so he seems clearly troubled by our constitutional rights.

It would probably then seem best if you went back and live in a country they didn't have those things -like England.

15. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Although I agree with some of what Holland has tweeted, he needs to put the tweeter down and shut up. Can't he see how Trump screws up his own world up this way?

If these feelings are so overwhelming he may need to consider a job relocation. He is in the sports entertainment business in the US and his actions are probably going to come back to bite him if he doesn't get a little smarter.

Heft repped this.
  16. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care what his feelings are. Some people always vocalize them, some keep them close to the vest. Can he play soccer for the Dynamo? That's all that matters to the team.

DynamoManiac, *rey*, Heft and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People pay money to watch him play (theoretically) and he represents a public-facing business. He's not some engineering guy in a cubicle who they don't charge admission to see

18. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no problem with players stating their opinions. It gives me more reason to like/dislike the player. It adds to the experience.

*rey* and Heft repped this.
  19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we had an ISIS-loving terrorist sympathizer running around in the midfield for the Dynamo it would "add to the experience"? LOL

20. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're taking it to the extreme now.

21. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *rey* repped this.
  22. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You said learning about players' views added to the experience, can't qualify it now because a view is extreme. It's not unreasonable to think that a true devout Muslim player would have a position that Americans find reprehensible

23. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Someone always takes it too far. A form of Godwin's law.

24. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok.

25. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    #300 juvechelsea, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    I kind of took that as telling, when I looked at his twitter back when this originally came up, roughly when Sanchez came in and took his job he seemed to switch from Dynamo posts like he was happy about being part of this, to general soccer stuff and the political stuff.

I don't blame him, that's competitive fire for you.

His politics, objectively viewed, are not beyond the pale. I don't see any ISIS love, that's hyperbole, and thinking Trump can't run the country for sh*t (other than reversing Obama policies for sport) is becoming orthodoxy on into the GOP somewhat.

I'm sure he tweets more politics than the next player but that's his choice and many of those not tweeting might have "interesting views" but prefer to present an image for marketing purposes. At least with him it's right out there, no sugar coat. I have plenty of friends who are pleasant people and generous hosts but if the "no politics" spade ever gets broken, hoooo boy. That's why that's usually taboo and why Holland's catching grief. He's obviously left in England and here that makes you Bernie Sanders or even further than that.

I'd like to see him playing more here, we don't even dress him 75%+ of the time. I am sure he's frustrated. We tend to be good at taking little risk.

I don't care about their social media unless they literally cross some objective line. Most of the teams I've been on that won had tension and passion. The chill ones where everyone minded ps and qs and got along and didn't rack up cards and tackle hard tended to suck.