2017 DFB-Pokal Final: Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, May 26, 2017.

1. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking about earlier when they were first celebrating with the fans around the stadium. TT didn't join them, which I guess stuck out only because I can't imagine Klopp not running up to the fans with the players etc.

Watzke looked like he wasn't even happy

2. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tuchel has never celebrated with the players in front of the travelling fans - he believes it's not his place. He's been consistent on this for 2 yrs! He was celebrating out on the pitch, but does not take part at the end.

Given the lineup and the comments after this match, it seems clear it's the old guard that doesn't like Tuchel and has sided with Watzke (Sahin, Bender, Schmelzer). Marcel said he was shocked Sahin wasn't in the line-up, and Rauball ackwardly walked out of an interview that was supposed to be about Tuchel.

All I can day is Tuchel has handled this whole situation with a lot more class that Aki and Rauball.... that's for sure.

Overall.... I'm immensly happy for Reus to finally have won a trophy! Altogether if someone had told me we would win the Pokal and directly qualify for the CL at the onset of the season (after 3 big players left), I would have been happy.

3. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Comments from Marcel here. I am a Schmelzer fan, however this seems very unnecessary from him as Captain.

[​IMG]

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I found Nuris responses here somewhat cringeworthy:

He was expecting to play. His wife and son were in the stadium.

TT explained that he wanted someone with more physical presence in the center of the pitch. That makes sense since Sahin doesn't provide much in terms of acceleration which means even his defensive game suffers.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Basically the players who should have been moved out of the club around 2014 are pissed at TT since unlike JK he won't let them be starters.

For his part TT needs to talk to players more. Let them know in advance what to expect. A lot of coaches do this too but it isn't right.

6. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like Sahin, but he comes across as a bit of a whiner here in my opinion. Yes he wanted to play (I can understand that), but he's also been very injury prone and has limited physicality (especially if you want to play him next to Kagawa).

7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sahin was a real liability following Weigl's injury in terms of being able to press and track the opposition midfield. Ginter definitely shored that up, but on the other side of the ball the team's ability to build through the middle was hampered, with Kagawa having to drop deep often. It is what it is.

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He says that he was shocked, exact words. If you're anticipating something and don't get it you'd be shocked too, right?

I also think that the club made a mistake by resigning him. He's lacked that physical edge and won't make it in a competitive squad. Next season I don't see anybody supplanting Weigl and Dahoud from the midfield base. With Dembélé, Reus, Pulisic, Kagawa and Götze competing for 3 spots in the advanced MF roles, I don't see us playing with a trivot either.

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pop quiz everyone. Which year is this image from?

[​IMG]

10. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right? They look ********ing miserable

11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Marco Reus out 6 months with ACL tear.

12. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Honestly...... not even sure what to say.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Is that even official yet? Tests are supposed to be done at the beginning of the week. Just for the sake of being hopeful, let's wait for the actual experts to do their job. The checks they did on the field were the usual knee stability checks you don't want to see. Hard to believe they let him play for the rest of the half if they were already sure. I also don't know why he was walking around to interview shows later.

14. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nice to finally win something

15. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I'm seeing BILD updated it to just 6-8 weeks. Which is fine, he will rest and wasn't going to play with Germany any.

16. BTFOOM

BTFOOM Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    MD, USA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    First, congratulations to Dortmund on a great win in the Pokal Final. Wish it had been Bayern, but you are deserved winners.

I really hope the "weeks" is the right term for Reus. He is a fantastic talent and hope he can get (and stay) healthy.

I am not a Bayern fan who 'hates' Dortmund. Much the opposite. I feel that a vibrant, good Dortmund team pushes Bayern to be better and both teams (and the BL) are better for it.

Hope you don't sell the players you really want to keep and both teams have a great 2017-18 season, culminating in playing in the 2018 UCL final.......

Raumdeuter and Liquid1010 repped this.
  17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States