PBP: 2017 CONCACAF U-17 Championship: Cuba vs. USA - 5/5 at 6:30pm ET

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by derek750, May 5, 2017.

1. didi11

didi11 Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Indeed, that's why people want him to sit

2. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Who me? I think he's a good player. Just think Acosta is a little better.

ielag repped this.
  3. didi11

didi11 Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Personally I prefer they both start and leave Goslin on the bench. I really can see the shortcomings of Ferri - I really think he got worse at residency (for instance, he used to have unbelievable first touch. Now, he would make bad turnovers because of bad first touch). I also understand why many people prefer Goslin.

Ferri played pretty bad against Honduras. But, he made a nice assist on the second goal. If you had sit him down on the bench, probably there wouldn't have been that second goal. I doubt Goslin can make that kind of assist. I definitely think Acosta can, and he has made great passes many times.

That's why I'd start Acosta and Ferri

FeedhimtothepigsArold and SUDano repped this.
  4. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Playing both means little to no bite defensively through the middle of the field. That's too much pressure on Durkin vs a team like Mexico. We all know the lineup based vs Mexico based on lineup vs Cuba and substitutions. It will be Durkin, Goslin, and Ferri as the 3 mids. We played well vs the first game vs Mexico so we'll see.

FeedhimtothepigsArold and didi11 repped this.
  5. didi11

didi11 Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree with all your points. Neither Ferri nor Acosta can defend or win the ball. Goslin may be more physical on defense but his position sense is really bad and turns over more because of bad touch and poor passing ability.

I think our defense is the weakest link, and our center mids other than Durkin are the second weakest. Booth and Vasiliev are not even close being the solution

butters59 and SUDano repped this.
  6. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    But I got the quote right so thus my joke is better.

Midas Mulligan and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  7. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arguable at best. I felt it better to paraphrase and answer the question so that the joke was more subtle or dare I say, coded.