2017-2018 Champion's League Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Aug 18, 2017.

1. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    PSG- Best attack and very good possession game

City- Great attack, defense, and possession game

United- Great defense, OK attack
    Liverpool - Great attack, awful defense
    Tottenham - Good attack and defense
    Besiktas - ?

2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Their defense is not bad, and they play very organized all around.

3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Their defense is not actually that good. They haven't played a real team yet. Even against Napoli their weakness in defense was really showing. They were lucky Napoli were just not able to capitalize.

4. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    After watching the Arsenal game I definitely would not consider Man United a team with great defense.

5. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juventus is ranked 3rd for total goals scored in EU after City and PSG.

6. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #1081 soccerr9, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    City have one of the lowest league goals against totals in the top 5 leagues. Only Barca, Atleti, and United have allowed fewer goals so far. City have done this after facing Liverpool, Napoli, Chelsea, and Arsenal. Their defending has been their biggest improvement.

That can happen in one game. Even then, they were up 2-0 on the road before winning 3-1. Last year they also allowed the fewest goals in the EPL. It's their attack that can go cold. Their issue last season was that they didnt have many threats going forward.

Dante repped this.
  7. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chelsea is the only real team I would say they faced. Liverpool has a horrible defense which played right into Man City's hands. Arsenal is Arsenal. Napoli just isn't good enough. Chelsea has a decent team, but Man City just had a better day that day, and Conte probably tired his players in previous games more than Pep did.

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't care who we face. The objective is the same regardless. The team needs to come up on top on the two legs. This is the case until the final.

9. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    If you follow this logic then Juve haven't played anyone despite facing Napoli, Lazio, Samp, and Barca. The fact is that City have played fantastically well given their record in all comps. This doesn't mean that this will continue 3 months from now when the CL really starts.

10. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pepe is playing inverted WB's in a 4-3-3 beating presses by making them come in the middle trapping the opposing winger to man mark leaving Silva/De Bruyne open to go forward. They also play a possession game in the back.

11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Well thats the only game iv seen of theirs and they did not impress at all. Arsenal played them off the park and could've scored 6. I saw games like this last year aswell (4-0 vs Chelsea). But I guess the real test will be City tomorrow.

12. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Man City is the best team playing right now in Europe and they have been consistently this... I do not see them losing form. I say this with no judgement on this statement from todays win against United.

I wouldnt mind drawing United, Spurs are my second choice draw and City would be the team I would like Juve to draw least. Spurs are a very good football team and they embarrased Juve in preseason... tho preseason is always just preseason.

13. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their day will come. No team in history just rolls thru the whole season in top form.

soji22 repped this.
  14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    UEFA must want the Prem teams to dominate this year. Where the MONEY is.

City gets a walkover against Basel.

Man U get Sevilla.

Pool get Porto.

Bayern get Besiktas.

Once again PSG gets one of the Spanish giants. This time it is Real.

Barca get Chelsea.

Roma get to go to Shaktar in February.

So it looks like they want at least 3 Brit teams, Bayern, either us or Pool and want at least one of the Spanish teams eliminated. They got 2 of the toughest possible opponents in their pools.

UEFA absolutely hates PSG!

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL

17. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gosh that English Commentator is insulting our club. He is talking about all the chances Spurs will have a against us, seriously guys? Ugh so EPL bias.

Literally that is just brutal. Now don't get me wrong, Spurs are not a team to be underestimated and we must play at our best if we want to go though, but they are talking crap like Spurs are favorites? Ugh this is the 50th time they have done this. Its disgusting me.

What do you think guys? I mean Spurs did beat Real, but Real Madrid were clearly just aiming for a knockout place and not caring about winning the group at the moment.

Also let me say Man City is the only EPL team that I would bet on getting through. Man Utd and Liverpool probably will as well, but Sevilla and Porto are not to be underestimated and some people overrate Man Utd and Liverpool, especially the later. I am not sure if I would bet on Liverpool vs Porto just yet.

18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Our problem is we will have to beat Spurs at home and not allow a goal. If we do that we will go through. I think we can and should.

OTH if we get into a goal scoring contest with them or go back to London with only a tie, we will be in trouble.

So far Max has been cautious in these CL ties this year, but that has to change.

As to the other Prem teams, UEFA has given all but Chelsea a pretty easy path. None got drawn against a Real or Bayern. Not saying Sevilla and Porto are walkovers like City got, but Man U and Pool should be favored. Of the 2 the more likely to go down is Pool simply because they are poor at the back and Sevilla is decent tactically.

Chelsea won't beat Barca I don't think, but Madrid could be in trouble.

19. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sevilla and Porto are not beating ManU and Liverpool, Tottenham will give us problems and PSG are going to kill Madrid.

20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Roma has a shot if they can avoid a heavy defeat in the snow at Shaktar in Feb.

21. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Roma will win.

22. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We should be ok if we beat Spurs by 2 goals. But yeah I think we can. Our defense is coming back, and I believe we will be stronger when that time comes. I honestly believe that Spurs is likely around the same level as Roma this season. Maybe not even as good, but Spurs and Roma play pretty similarly and are almost level with each other.

juveeer repped this.
  23. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sky bet only book that has the outright winner up so far. Juve 8/11 Tottenham 1/1. Tells me it will be no picnic. Pochettino great coach and Kane is a top striker.

24. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Tottenham have a very good starting 11 but lack depth. Let's see how they are physically heading to Turin after this grueling schedule.

31st Jan: Tottenham vs Man Utd
    3rd Feb: Liverpool vs Tottenham
    10th Feb: Tottenham vs Arsenal
    13th Feb: Juventus vs Tottenham

soji22 repped this.
  25. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Alderweireld is critical to Tottenham. If their defense is physically fit, Higuain could get shut down. Dybala will need to show up.