2017-18 Supercoppa Italiana

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Afghan-Juventus, Aug 13, 2017.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No we can't, there is a lot to read into and its mostly that this team's midfield and defense are subpar

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Paulo Dybala lambasted the Juventus attitude after a 3-2 Italian Super Cup defeat to Lazio, calling it “a small-team mentality.”

La Joya’s late brace looked as if it was going to force extra time after coming back from 2-0 down, but Alessandro Murgia snatched the winner for 3-2 in stoppages.

“It’s a game we deserved to lose and Lazio comfortably deserved to win, even if we had come close to turning it around,” Dybala told JTV.

“If we had gone to extra time, our chances of winning would’ve changed, but the performance we put in was not much to shout about. The result showed that they deserved the victory.

“The first 10-15 minutes were really good because we were attacking, we were aggressive towards Lazio and had the chances to score goals.

“We can’t just change attitude like that and play 50-60 minutes with that mentality. We have to turn over a new leaf, think of the next match and be aware that we must become more mature, because what we saw tonight was a small-team mentality.

“We want to change attitude straight away, because this isn’t the real Juve and we know that. We must be more mature and train this week to be ready for a very important game against Cagliari.”

Dybala curled in a wonderful free kick and converted a penalty, but he rebuffed compliments.

“Personally, I cannot be happy with my performance. Even if I scored two goals, I didn’t play well and I think I’ll have to work twice as hard this week too, because we’ve got to start the Serie A season strong against Cagliari.”

gone next year

3. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    More like once he gets more chemistry hes gonna want more money from you guys because he thinks he deserves it. Good luck with him i liked him at first but then became a greedy boy.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I was always against his signing, he's got a loser mentality

phat repped this.
  5. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    :ROFLMAO:

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  6. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Pjanic is an awesome

PureEvil repped this.
  7. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yeah he pretty much did work in the cl last year but its ok people forget. If anyone has a loser mentality at Juventus its Higuain he should be the one winning you games in finals looks like money well wasted to me.

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #33 juventino13, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    I don't like him, he's not good enough. And he definitely has a loser mentality. What does Higuain have to do with anything? Another player I was against signing, yet he's our first 30+ goal scorer in years so money well wasted, I think not

Pjanic was a ********ing passenger along for the ride for most of last season. He had a few good games, big deal, most of the time he was ********ing lazy walking around the pitch

phat repped this.
  9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Oh, i see you're Bosnian. No point in arguing this with you

calabrese8 repped this.
  10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pjanic is lazy

11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I think people cant get that poor first half of the season out of their heads. But that wasnt on him the team as a whole underperformed. After Allegri changed formations Pjanic was out of this world. If he has proper partner like Marchisio next to him he can be great again.

Higuain does everything right other than the finish like Cavani. Though one thing that gets on my nerves is he doesnt lose that belly after we spent 90 mil on him.

soji22 repped this.
  12. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    He definitely is good enough. After we changed formations he was pretty much the fourth best midfielder in Europe after Madrid's trio. Not his fault he has useless Khedira next to him.

13. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    #38 PureEvil, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Passenger? lmao he had 87% accurate passes in Serie A with 84% in the cl.. so not good enough is not in your argument. He lead assists in Serie a for years...hence why your club thought he was good enough to buy... :ROFLMAO:

You dont like him because he played for Roma just say it, yeah I'm Bosnian but who cares i criticize him more than anyone when he plays for us just go read our forums... Also did you even watch the first legg of the Barcelona game last year he walked all over them with ease.. but yet hes not good enough.

I give Pjanic shit too for being lazy with his defensive workrate and in that department i think Marchiso is better, but in terms of creating chances dude has the touch.

Thats cool you bought higuain so you can set records in Serie A.. but in the CL final he was ghost where it really matters. and again today.. so again money well wasted.

I understand frustration when you loose a game but you signaling out Pjanic for your loss is just delusional.

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    When the ******** did i single out Pjanic for our loss? Never, I just agreed with phat in that he shouldn't be here. I don't like him, not because he came from Roma, but because I don't like him as a player. Period.

15. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    With the money that AC Milan have spent and Napoli holding on to their key men, that seventh straight scudetto will certainly not be a procession, that's for sure...

16. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Matic represents value for money. He has won some titles and has lots of experience. When Dybala was signed two years ago, €40 million seemed rather pricey, but now I would say that it was a bargain. I always knew Dybala would be a hit. He has a good head on his shoulders, is confident without being cocky, works very hard for the team, and has a good entourage.

Paying 30 million for a 16 year-old is outrageous. Real will look stupid if he fails to become a world-class player.

17. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't feel like we've seen the Pjanic who used to dominate at AS Roma. He can certainly be more decisive. Hopefully, he comes good this season. Going from a club that hasn't won all that much over the course of their history to one where winning is all that matters can definitely take some getting used to.

18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    no one is gonna care if they keep winning

19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Sadly it wont mean anything to Madrid as they'll always be stacked with Spanish government money

20. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Yes add Roma and a Spaletti led Inter. This will be the strongest year since 2011.

21. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I think it also has to do with the fact that he plays deeper in a 2 man mid.

soccerr9 repped this.
  22. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So he can't call out a weak mentality (rightfully so) without you automatically assume he's leaving?

soji22 repped this.
  23. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Considering the squad Allegri had at his disposal before the game, his selection was rather puzzling. Don't quite understand it. And it's clear Marotta has to finally fill the obvious holes this team has.

juveeer and phat repped this.
  24. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL Dramatic much?

25. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does it make me a bad person for watching the League 1 game and Neymars game over our supercoppa?
    PSG is the real deal, boy Neymar makes that team that much better, their midfield game is so much more fluent...all it takes is some good attacking midfielders and decent defense.

Anyways back to topic, I watched the highlights, I think the team will be fine next weekend when the real season begins, D. Costa looks good, Dybala is looking good so far with 2 goals, Higuain on the other hand hasn't done much at all.
    I am a bit concerned about our defense, it looks so much more vulnerable without Bonucci there.

I'm sure Allegri will get thing sorted out. We got an aggressive team on our hands, I am just not sure how Higuain will fit this year.