2017/18 Shoya Nakajima @ Portimonense SC (POR)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    he's playing really well. He's gotta release the ball quicker sometimes but otherwise, he's fearless, skillful and just good.

seolseol repped this.
  2. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    You're doing that in training all the time ;) I don't know what he's got inside in his head but the less the better in his case I assume. Pretty impressive start from him. If he could keep this up (which I doubt) he would be a natural European top 15-20 clubs target.

seolseol repped this.
  3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Look who easily he beats the defender. And finish it off. He is a raw fkcing talent. He wont stay there long if he continues like this.

Whispered11 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  4. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Portugal and Spain leagues are becoming really a hub for Japanese players in the next future.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    No goal but another pretty good performance for him today. Could have an assist on a great diagonal pass (perfectly controlled by Fabricio) and he had two chances to score.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scores his 4th goal of the season with an excellent shot on the counter to open the scoring away at Guimaraes.

datschge and seolseol repped this.
  7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Damn you are fast!
    He continues his great form!

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1-3 now. Assisted the 3 rd goal!

9. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The opposing team scored 2 goals after he was subbed out to make it 3-3.

seolseol repped this.
  10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Damn the last 8 minutes...

11. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Call him up!

datschge and seolseol repped this.
  12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No need to wait longer now

13. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Starts as usual:

seolseol repped this.
  14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They won 5-2.

15. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He scored again. 2-0. He is so fkcing good!!

Samurai Warrior and Majster2 repped this.
  17. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #42 Samurai Warrior, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    His two goals:

6 goals and 2 assists in 8 matches, leading his team in process to reach mid-table.

Based on @KATO's complaints, I think if he was complaining about FC Tokyo's use of dead weights it will be fair enough.

Starting dead weights like Nagai, Higashi and sometimes Takahagi in Nakajima's position, while keeping Nakajima on the bench most of time was a real mess, and halted Nakajima's progress in process.

I hope Vahid will test Nakajima ahead of the World Cup, although I don't think there will be enough time to integrate him in the team, but I think he will bond well with his former Rio's generation teammates (Kubo and Asano).

He could be our super-sub at the next WC, especially with his shooting from distance. I have to agree with @Saku² that he is "talent-wise" better than Inui, especially when it comes to scoring and shooting accuracy.

GunnerTNB, datschge and seolseol repped this.
  18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree with you. Maybe there is not time enough for him to integrate in the nt. Specially with a stubborn fcker like Vahid. But for me this guy should be a part of the team. No doubt.

19. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I can already tell you why he's not in JNT. He's contributing numbers on the scale he never did in his 'parent' club, FC Tokyo. He had more starts in Portimonense (such a lovely name to fit katakana btw) than he had in FC Tokyo. He's scoring (which he couldn't do for shit in J League). So what's wrong? Everybody knows that he's a 'sakka kozo', obsessed with football in his normal, everyday life.

Then where's the catch? Is he realy a player that could become a starter in the top European football level club via the the top Portuguese clubs way or is it a burst of limited talent that will wane as soon as the next season start?

I'm well aware that the top clubs from Europe are watching him right now as such a talent (his number of goals per game is close to the world top considering it's half a level behind world's best leagues) being not recognised enywhere else seems suspicious by itself.

That's the thing with Shoya. If he can deliver those numbers every season he's dead on being a part of top football clubs. If he can't he's not much better than any random Spanish player from La Liga who can go around lower tier European leagues claiming that he had trained with Barca once.

I think that's the case.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    He's not being watched because he's 1m64. He used to overdo it horribly too, he still overdoes it frequently but he's gotten better at that. In 2011, I thought he was outstanding, in 2014-2016 watching him was akin to drinking bleach and now he's figured out a way to make the best of his ability again.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  21. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The Nakajima case proves though that Portugal could be a good hub for Japanese players who want to do an abroad experience.

seolseol repped this.
  22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good point. Remember Kanazaki played for the same club also. Scoring some goals too!

Whispered11 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm eager to see him in a better league\club before making any comparisons, but it's great that he's taking his chance.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.