2017-18 Bundesliga Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jun 30, 2017.

?

Who will win the BL this season?

1. Echte Liebe (BVB)

2. Mia san Scheiße (Muncheat)

3. Dosenscheiße (RB Leipzig)

4. Software-Spinner (Hoff)

5. Andere Verein (some other club)

6. Mir ist es scheiß egal (don't care)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nagelsman is the guy I want. He keeps improving and this year gained European experience. The reports are Chelsea want him, but he is the man we should go for.

This summer needs one of the biggest overhauls in recent times. I would happily sell

Out
    Schmelzer
    Sokratis
    Toprak
    Sahin
    Castro
    Schurrle
    Kagawa

In
    Werner
    Rudiger
    Meyer
    RB
    Zouma
    CM

2. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #777 Scheherazade, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Nagelsmann is not going to Chelsea. Their players will laugh at having to play for a youngling who never won a trophy, they barely respected Villas Boas. We are never going to sign Werner, Rudiger, Meyer or Zouma. Meyer has a shit attitude and is not an upgrade to our midfielders and we cannot afford the rest. Sometimes I think people here just pull names out of FM or FIFA or name whoever is the flavor of the month without considering the practicalities. Someone here wanted Marcelino in December as if he would leave Spain halfway in the season without knowing a word of German:ROFLMAO: There will be an overhaul but the players we buy will be cheap and from Austria, Switzerland and other Bundesliga clubs so they do not demand salaries to match what they get in England and Italy.

A lot of the players you want to sell will refuse to leave because why should they willingly leave Dortmund and downgrade their pay packet before their contract is up? Again, consider the practicalities. Put yourself in their shoes. Schmelzer and Toprak are not going anywhere even if a bunch of Dortmund fans abuse them online every week.

Same with Sarri. Why would he come to Dortmund when he complains about the Serie A being a one horse race unlike the Premier League which in his words, a few teams can compete and win? His heart is already set on the Premier League and Chelsea.

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC

Most of the old guard of Chelsea are gone and they need to rebuild too. I actually think he could do very well there. Villias Boas was given the job of getting rid of the old guard ie Drogba, Lampard, Terry and Cole. The real power players in the dressing room and bringing in a new generation. The old guard din't like it.

Zouma has just been relegated today and whilst the Chelsea board rate him highly, they have too many central defenders. Especially if the new manager does not want to play 3 at the back. So Zouma is a very
    realistic possibility.

Rudiger would depend on if the new manager wanted rid, but seems much harder, because Roman himself seems to like him.

Meyer is better than Castro and Sahin so would be an upgrade on those two. He would also be an option for Gotze if he does not pick up form.

As for Werner, there's no reason why the board can't offer 60 million and test the resolve of Leipzig. They won't be playing CL football and it's possible.

It seems some fans fail to realise that Dortmund should be competing with the other top clubs and making signings.

You are also very unaware of what is going on in other places.
    I never mentioned Sarri and some players want to play football, rather than just get a pay check. If we have a bunch of players that only want to stay and get paid, then we have made a bad mistake in the recruitment. I admire the likes of Bender, who was desperate to play and made the move to play more. The same with Hoffman. It will be hard to clear all the dead weight, but the club needs to try.

The club needs to be more ambitious and the players mentioned are hardly the most expensive or sought after players in the world.

I am not suggesting the club buy Ramos, Kroos and Ronaldo. In the case of Werner and Rudiger I advocated the signing of those two when they would have cost the club under 20 million Euros.

Some times you have to speculate in order to accumulate. The financial mess of the mids 00s haunts the club, but they need to be bolder in the market. The club can easily.

Werner, Rudiger, Meyer and Zouma could possibly be signed for under 120 million, which the club should be willing to spend after losing Dembele and Auba. A few other transfers in the summer and that's nothing crazy.

4. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund needs a ball playing defender like Hummels and I currently see Marc Oliver Kempf fits the bill...he was exceptional both at defending and playmaking in U21 Euro last season and he is leaving Freiburg this season with Schalke and Stuttgart linked...he will be cheap, young and has the potential to be future Hummels

5. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #780 Scheherazade, May 5, 2018
    LMAO. Guess what, I advocated those signings too. Just because some player you predicted was good turned out good years later, does not mean anything. This happens to every sport fan and it is the deficiency of the human condition to congratulate ourselves to be geniuses who know everything when this happens, like all the two-bit bullshit freelance "sport writers" who claim to be all-seeing, all-knowing prophets that predict everything ten years ago.

I advocated the signing of Timo Werner when Stuttgart got relegated, and other Bundesliga talents like Tah, Son, Sule, Brandt, Reus who have come good. So what? I advocate the signing of Arp, Havertz, Kimmich and Parvard now. Can it happen? Is it practical for Dortmund to suck up all the young talent as if no other Bundesliga club will put up a fight to keep them or put in a better offer or promise the player that he will be a first choice starter at their club?

I wanted Werner to come here when Aubameyang was still our main striker, but it should be obvious that Dortmund are not the only team capable of making offers to Timo Werner and Leipzig had cash and brains to offer him money and a starting spot which Dortmund could not guarantee when Aubameyang was around.

Back then at most he would get a bench place at Dortmund and bench striker money, so Werner made the correct choice to join Leipzig where he made a big enough splash to be linked to Real Madrid. Now that he is Germany's star striker Bayern will gazump whatever offer Dortmund put in for him and Leipzig will peddle him abroad to top Premier League and Liga clubs. I am being realistic.

The problem with your "analysis" is that it lacks factual basis. It ignores what has been factually reported. Are any of Zouma, Werner, Rudiger or Meyer even linked to Dortmund by news or rumor reports?

Naglesmann has said he is staying at Hoffenheim next season. Sarri is the manager who is linked to Chelsea.

Any sources linking him to Dortmund? Meyer has a well documented history of being unruly and disruptive like Emre Mor. Whatever we think of his footballing ability and even if he is the next coming of Messi, he is not a locker room influence that Watzke, Zorc and Kehl will want in Dortmund. That is not my opinion, that is my appraisal of how our club management operates.

Only if we want to blow 25 millions on a defender who demands Chelsea level wages or more, and other Premier League clubs will offer him that if we do not. It is a big slice of Dortmund's budget and will be quite an idiotic move because we need to sign a defensive midfielder. We are linked to Salzburg's Samassekou.

Do you have a reliable source or is this one or those I-bought-him-on-FIFA-he-is-good-I-told-you-so suggestions? Chelsea do not sell their players for cheap. Dortmund do not spend 40 or 45 million on a defender, end of.

Right now Dortmund is run by people who rescued it from the financial mess in the 00s. No matter what I think about the club transfer strategy, I am trying to explain what I think the club management will do, rightly or wrong. The people in charge are not speculators. Dortmund are not owned by an oil baron. Maybe one day when DFB changes the rules, then we get bought by a wealthy Arab princeling and Dortmund can speculate all you like. Speculating is a high risk strategy because we may end up like Wolfsburg or AC Milan after spending like madmen. The people in charge of Dortmund now are opposed to taking risks that put the club into unsustainable debt if we miss out on Champions League.

Congratulations, you are the only genius on earth who realizes that Dortmund should be competing with other top clubs and showing ambition. Our entire fanbase of casual fans do not realize that. Our entire board doesnt realize that, or else why the hell are they not signing <insert top managers I want> and <insert top players I want>, and holding a knife to the neck of <insert BVB players I think are trash> to force them out of the club????:ROFLMAO:

So why are you not working in football management Eaglespark? Dortmund needs a genius like you to make BVB great again. :ROFLMAO:

Look my friend, even if you have 120 million to donate to Dortmund to buy Werner, Zouma, Meyer and Rudiger, you cannot guarantee they want to come here for the wages we offer them, which are scaled to the rest of our squad. You support Crystal Palace right? If a British company pays you 75k to work in England, another two local companies offer you 75 to 90k and a German company offers you 60, would you move to Germany? Probably not.

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I have a pretty good record when it comes to judging player potential, but that was not the point. You made the claim that some people implying myself, were only interested in flavour of the month players. My comment about Rudiger and Werner shows I have been in favour of getting these players for a while.

What has this got to do with stockpiling talent? Auba was always going to leave and it would have been prudent to have his replacement at the club. Rudiger would have been a perfect partner for Hummels and would replace Sokratis.

We should be try and sign Tah and by all accounts the club did try and sign Suele. The board cannot be faulted on that one if the player chose Bayern.
    Dortmund have the Auba money and should realistically offer most of that to try and get Werner. Bats won't be much cheaper and Werner is the better signing. None of the big Premier League clubs are going to come in for Werner, since they are all well stocked in strikers. I guess the worry is Liverpool. Madrid/Barcelona won't be coming in for Werner unless he has an amazing world cup. Madrid will probably sign Neymar and want Mbappe whilst Barca will possibly go for Griezemann if anyone. So there is a chance with Werner. This is being realistic. You speak about things when you don't have much of an idea what is going on.

Arsenal just signed Auba
    United have Lukaku and Rashford
    City have Aguero and Gabi Jesus
    Chelsea have Morata, who will be given another season under Giroud.
    Whilst Liverpool still have Firmino and could possibly convert Salah into a striker.

The post wasn't about analysis. It was an assessment of the type of players Dortmund NEED to get and the best possible realistic targets.

Chelsea have at the moment: David Luiz, Christensen, Rudiger, Cahill, Zouma and Cesar. They will probably sell at least one of them and we need to be in the conversation for any of those except Cahill.
    It seems Chlesea have yet to make up their minds, but Nagelsmann is someone they are considering. Roman is the man that appointed Villias Boas, so appointing bright young managers is not something he is afraid to do.
    I will take your word for this, but he is a cheap option that strengthens the midfield. It's still too early for the majority of Dortmund targets to be leaked. A lot of this will depend on the new manaager and the formation he wants to play.
    No it would be an excellent signing, because our defense is utterly woeful. I still believe Weigl can do a good job in the right system, but our defense concedes from virtually any decent attack. Rudiger and Zouma are both individuals more focused on playing football than the money. One of them will probably be let go and they will go to the club, that offers the best career path. Why do you think Sancho came to Dortmund or Dahoud? Both of them could have earnt a lot more money in the Premier League. City would give Sancho a lot more money than Dortmund, whilst Liverpool and Tottenham both offered Dahoud big contracts.
    I was talking about players that Dortmund should be aiming for and ones that were available. I was not talking about links yet as it's too soon for most of them. It seems you have an obsessions with FIFA. Maybe, you judge decent signings on FIFA, but others watch real football matches and make judgements.

The Dortmund way has failed in the last 6 years. Bayern are miles ahead and Dortmund have not even consistently been the 2nd best team in the Bundesliga, despite making by far the 2nd most money.
    [QUOTE
    The club is run by people who rescued it from the financial mess in the 00s. No matter what I think about the club transfer strategy, I am faithfully explaining what I think the club management will do, rightly or wrong. The people in charge are not speculators. Dortmund are not owned by an oil baron. Maybe one day when DFB changes the rules, we get bought by a rich Arab princeling and we can speculate all we want. Right now speculating is a high risk strategy because we can easily end up like Wolfsburg, Everton or AC Milan and the people in charge of Dortmund now are opposed to taking risks that put the club into unsustainable debt.[/QUOTE]
    Saving the club once, earns them the gratitude and respect of the fans, but it does not mean what they continue to do is right. Ever since the Cl final, the club has not been progressed as it should have done. Nobody is advocating spending the money of City or United. Even Chelsea have greatly curtailed their spending. Everton and AC Milan made the mistake of spending a lot of money on just good players, not players good enough to take the club to the next level. Wolfsburg are a different situation. They spent the money well, but in the middle of theig big push Volkwagon had the huge fine and withdrew the funding. They won the DFB Cup and came 2nd in the Bundesliga. They even sold their players for huge profits.

However, we can talk about the successes too like Napoli or Atletico. Teams that were prepared to make big signings and managed to compete.
    It seems I know more than you. This will be my last reply, because I don't waste my time talking to fools.
    Football is not just a normal job. It's about progressing and winning trophies. For the players that view football as a normal job, they would go to China. However, there is a reason why Reus has remained at the club. I personally would definitely move to Germany to play for a CL club offering me 60k over the likes of Everton, Leicester, West Ham offering me 90k. That's why England's brightest talent since at least Rooney and possibly Gazza was prepared to move to Dortmund as a 17 year old.

The club have that amount of money to spend, because Dembele looks set to make most of the clauses. The deals for these players would obviously be staggered over a season.

Out of those 4 players Rudiger would be the most difficult to get, but Zouma will do what is best for his career. You sprout nonsense without having any clue. Zouma like ALL Chelsea youngsters are well aware and often speak about what playing in Germany did for De Bruyne and Christensen. Even Lukaku was starting to learn German to facilitate a move to the Bundesliga.

Meyer and Werner have both already rejected big moves to the Premier League. The two of them seem to have an attachment to staying in Germany and that's precisely why I mentioned them.

So has there been a concrete link to these players. No. And I wasn't implying there was. I was merely suggesting players of the ability, prince range, wage bracket and realistic for Dortmund to sign.

7. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #782 Scheherazade, May 5, 2018
    Ok chill. Everyone thinks they are good at judging player potential. I do too.:ROFLMAO: I do not own a Playstation or play FIFA as well. We have some things in agreement. Like you I want to sell all the players you listed, but it just is not realistic.

Imagine you are Schmelzer, an above average fullback past his prime. Say you earn 90k a week on a contract until 2021. Would you willingly leave Dortmund and join Frankfurt or Gladbach for a paycut to 50k a week? Would our club officials get rid of him after appointing him captain only last year? If you were Schmelzer, you would stick to Dortmund come hell or high water because you have to retire in a few years and you will not get a better pay elsewhere. Also, here in Dortmund you have some influence in the locker room which feeds your ego and makes you feel important so you stay and try to angle for a management position after retirement. Tell me, if you are Schmelzer would you not do this?

Maybe you judge the situation from a very single-sided point of view without considering the selfish motivations of players (money, big city chicks, actual possibility of winning league titles in a league that is not a one horse race), the motivation of BVB management (desire to grow club without speculating, documented policy of buying cheap youth and selling them at a big profit, fear of unsustainable debt) and motivations of rival club officials (desire to not sell player to Dortmund and sell to big time EPL club which pays 20% more transfer fees).

Maybe you underestimate the difficulty of signing Rudiger when he was on loan to Roma and attracted the attention of big clubs, or convincing an ambitious Aubameyang replacement like Timo Werner to join us in 2016 and wait for his turn on the bench until 2018 when Aubameyang leaves. Werner would have hurt his own career that way because we use a one-striker system.

Dahoud came here to copy Gundogan's route but he is not nearly as football smart as Gundogan. Sancho is a 17 year old who came here to be a starter like Pulisic and Dembele because he cannot get into the Man City team over Sane or Bernardo Silva. He wants to be a starting winger at a big club in the Champions League ***right now*** not three years later. We offered them the most money and a starting spot, nothing to do with the system, or something intangible like Dortmund's love of football. They will leave us for the right amount if they become good players.

90% of football players never get a chance to win big trophies and spend most of their careers fighting for relegation or promotion, trying to avoid injuries and earn enough to feed their families. Of course not everybody wants to uproot himself and move to China and not everybody has the opportunity to play there for trucks of cash. The CSL has a quota on how many foreigners each team can sign.

Werner can get a move to a CL team, it will not be us because Leipzig would have to be run by idiots and Rangnick is not an idiot. Zouma and Rudiger are contracted to Chelsea until 2022 and 2023. Meyer is trying to prostitute himself to whoever will pay 10 million, and even if he cost nothing Aki will want to avoid dealing with his agent.

Much of what you say is how you think our club should be run. Not how our club is run. None of the players we have signed recently are national team regulars established in a foreign league, except Yarmolenko and Toprak who are the most established recent signings and a waste of money like Gotze, Rode and Schurrle imho. Susi Zorc has given interviews saying that Dortmund want to buy cheap youthful talents,give them opportunities and sell them when they become established stars. Akanji, Sancho, Philipp, Toljan, Dahoud, Pulisic, Isak, Guerreiro, Zagadou, Dembele, Mor, Weigl will bring in money to the club even if the transfer fails to work out like Emre Mor's case. The profitability of the cheap young talent group far outweighs the established Yarmolenko, Schu, Gotze and Rode group so there is no reason for the club to change this buy low sell high strategy and start speculating on expensive established players. Getting LF from Nice is another indication that they are focusing on cheap youth not changing the strategy.

Of course, I want my club to get rid of the wasters and sign a bunch of exciting established talents like Man City. I want to be off work and on a ski trip in the Alps too but reality is not as we wish it to be.

8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    According to Bild Stephan Lichtsteiner will be signing on a free transfer for one season.

9. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Sokratis will be part of that transfer??? According to Sky, favre is ready en Dortmund.

10. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You all getting Favre?! If this is true good move! I’d rather him than Kovac

11. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nothing againts the guy, but why replace one veteran with another....

12. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

13. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Don't see the point in Lichtsteiner. Not a bad player at all, but at 34 he is not getting any younger and what is the point of bringing in another LP? The main transfers this season should be a new coach and Watzke & Zorc being thrown out of this club because of their inept behavior in bringing BVB forward. Without the latter, we are doomed to repeat today's events in a couple of years.

bvbSlash repped this.
  14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We definately need someone who can share the workload with LP. Going for a more experienced player was a deliberate decision by the management and I guess he could be someone who has at least to a degree some leadership skills. Besides Reus (not ideal in that department either), I currently see no other player who could lead the team.
    I like competent FBs who can help to get the best out of our talented wingers but it's hard to imagine that we get more than 1 good year out of him.

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There has been no discussion between Steffie Licht and BVB.

16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Lots of nonsense paper talk at the moment, but it's a question for the summer.

Do we cash in on Pulisic? If we can get £80+ million pounds and help to rebuild the squad do we do it?

17. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'd rather continue developing him here although his ceiling was less visible for most part of the season. The numbers speak for the other guys in the offense. Pulisic shouldn't consider a move for his own sake until he manages to become a consistent performer.
    We should still have more than 100 million laying around somewhere for Dembele and Auba. That added to the usual transfer budget alone is lots of money to rebuild even after paying 50-60 million for a top striker.
    Besides, who would be so braindead to pay 80+ million?

MatthausSammer repped this.
  18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Pulisic like English players has nationality on his side. I don't think the board could get £80 million, but I think £65 million is the bare minimum. He has fantastic marketing potential.

I like Pulisic and think he could be a world class player, but I don't think he has the talent of Dembele or Sancho. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him go. Of course it depends on players that are coming in.

I had Skysports on the background and G.Neville made an interesting comment about Arsenal. He said it as a negative, but I think it could be a positive. He said he does not know where to start when building the Arsenal team. I think it's the same with the Dortmund team. Reus is the only player I think guaranteed to start and he is very versatile. The new manager can play any formation, any team he wants.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not to sound like a jerk, but I think his nationality potentially hinders Pulisic’s market value. The only way i see that being overcome is if he has massive success at an internationally “big” club (RM/MUFC). It’s crappy, but I imagine that is a reality.

20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    No it's the opposite. Most countries in the world love their own and none more so than Americans. Arsenal, United and Liverpool all have American owners and would nothing more than to have a star world class USA international. His endorsement deals would bring in a lot of money. There's even a possibility of a bidding war. The other benefit is whilst Klopp does not like to blow money, he has shown when it comes to his number 1 targets he will pay any price ie Keita and Van Dijk.

The only other annoying thing is Guardiola working in Germany has tipped him off to all the great youngsters. I KNOW top managers have scouts and reports, but they also go on hunches. Guardiola is very switched on to the German market and ironically it has hurt even Bayern due to Sane/Gundogan going to City.

The big worry for me is City come in for Weigl.

I would do every thing to not sell Reus, Weigl, Gotze, Dahoud, Sancho and Philipp.

Raphael would depend on a manager coming in who is prepared to play him left back.

The rest of the squad could all be cleared out. There is so much dead wood, it will take the new manager around 2+ years to clear.

21. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus called up for WC,happy for him

Quigs repped this.
  22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He'll have to play like a world class player first to be considered world class and then sold at a world class fee that would even benefit Dortmund, the be able to capitalize a return on those endorsements that world class players get. I doubt the owners care if CP is American or not unless he can perform like a world class player day-in-day-out regardless of which club he plays for. He's got a long way to go. Also, endorsements, usually go to the player - not the club so, I'm not sure why any club would care how popular he is "back home". And please don't say "kit sales". Those things don't make that much of a difference to justify the reason to buy a player and have him occupy a spot on the bench or a CL roster that another player could have instead that could bring more to the table as far as match impact.

Bidding wars (rare as they are) also never benefit anyone financially except the club that is selling and BVB don't really need the money right now so it would only end up being a distraction for CP is at the end of the day he doesn't move. Then, this is not something that would actually not benefit BVB in the end.

23. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can he stay for long enough to make a difference? It’s a serious question.

24. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Can never know with him, could get injured first game could last whole WC. Somehow I don't think he'll be lows first choice anyways so I'm not worried

25. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Somehow “fit “ didn’t make it into my post above.

I wasn’t trying to be snarky